[Pre-Chorus] It's a pity, it's a crying shame

For they told you life is hard, misery from the start They are blind and they can't see But I tell you life is sweet, in spite of the misery It happens all the time Life is also very short Oh, they told you life is hard, misery from the start Who will you listen to, who will it be? For some reason, that means she has constructed a hybrid of the prog rock arrangements that dominate the first half of the album and the confessional songwriting that is prominent on the second. Who pulled you down again?

Learn how and when to remove this template message, "The Chemical Brothers Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Life_Is_Sweet_(song)&oldid=962665900, Articles needing additional references from January 2015, All articles needing additional references, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "If You Kling to Me I'll Klong to You" – 5:24, This page was last edited on 15 June 2020, at 10:27. For most of her career, Maria McKee has never deviated from country-rock, but Life Is Sweet is a bold departure from her trademark sound, taking her into new sonic territories.

'Cause it's high time that you decide in your own mind Well, who do you believe? It reached number 25 on the UK Singles Chart. On VH1 live in 2005 she explained she originally wanted to write this song for toll booth operators and supermarket cashiers. But I tell you life is sweet, in spite of the misery Lyrically, she has become more cryptic and angry, but that is all part of the plan -- Life Is Sweet is McKee 's bid to be taken seriously as an artist. And life is also fairly short Fortune gonna come one day and all gonna fade away [Verse 1] I've tried to comfort you The music video for the song shows The Chemical Brothers playing the song and controlling five people: a couple, two children, and Burgess, the lead singer of the song. Lyrically, she has become more cryptic and angry, but that is all part of the plan -- Life Is Sweet is McKee's bid to be taken seriously as an artist.

Still, with its art rock tendencies and naked ambition, Life Is Sweet may not appeal to fans who have become attached to McKee's country-rock.

Be thankful because before you know it, it will be over Prisoner of what she cannot see There's so much more, be grateful Strawberry Shortcake glimmerberry ball movie. However she said in time the song became more broad and evangelistic, blending Judy Garland and the poet Allen Ginsberg. She'll never be satisfied 'Cause life is sweet Life is sweet Who will you listen to, who will it be? [Pre-Chorus] A battleship wrecked on dry land So who will you believe? Appropriately, her melodies are more convoluted than ever before, yet they never become too obtuse. [Chorus] 'Cause it's high time that you decide

For the title, “Life is Sweet,” she wanted to reaffirm the importance of this phrase which has become clichéd and overused.

[Verse 3] Don't ask for more, be grateful

It features Tim Burgess from The Charlatans on vocals. "Life Is Sweet" is a song by the English big beat duo The Chemical Brothers, released as the second and final single from their first album, Exit Planet Dust. It features Tim Burgess from The Charlatans on vocals.
Oh, they told you life is long, be thankful when it's done How painful it must be Oh, your daddy, he's the iron man

It's time to make up your own, your own sweet little mind Buy The Glimmerberry Ball DVD From Amazon And your mama, the long and suffering

[Outro] And life is sweet. It's a pity, it's a downright crime It's dull, it's slow, it's painful In the video, The Chemical Brothers realise that some of their equipment is breaking and Tom Rowlands tries to fix it.

To bruise so easily inside

You know the tears'll do no good, so dry your eyes Your mama, she's a bitter bride

For those willing to accept her pretensions, it is a frustrating but rewarding album.

You wanna stay little daddy's girl It's dull, it's slow, it's painful Daft Punk's remix was reportedly only the duo's third released recording. She wanted to give these people a song to help them escape the confining, repetitive and isolating nature of their work. You know that that's not right It's a pity, it's a crying shame He pulled you down again How painful it must be To bruise so easily inside It's a pity, it's a downright c But don't cry "If I Kling to Me I'll Klong to You" originally appeared on the 12-inch only My Mercury Mouth E.P (1994).

Although the loud, distorted guitars are the first noticeable change, it soon becomes apparent that the thing that makes the album sound so different is its latent progressive rock influences.

But I tell you life is short

"Life Is Sweet" is a song by the English big beat duo The Chemical Brothers, released as the second and final single from their first album, Exit Planet Dust. Know the tears'll do no good, so dry your eyes

Natalie Merchant - Life Is Sweet Lyrics. Your daddy, the war machine The remixes of the song notably contain very little of the original track.
But don't cry You wanna hide from the vicious world outside Throughout the album, McKee weaves complex, layered arrangements that interweave strings, guitars, and keyboards. It reached number 25 on the UK Singles Chart.[1]. Fortunately, the results sound better than they read, primarily because beneath all of the bombastic arrangements, McKee has retained her keen sense of songcraft. [Chorus] Life is sweet For some reason, that means she has constructed a hybrid of the prog rock arrangements that dominate the first half of the album and the confessional songwriting that is prominent on the second. I've tried to tell you to be patient There's so much more, be grateful [Verse 2] Life Is Sweet Lyrics: It's a pity, it's a crying shame / Who pulled you down again?