— Raheel Farooq, Zillah Eisenstein uses the term 'decoy' to describe the way in which 'imperialist democracy' covers over its structural sins with a thin veneer of representational respectability: 'The manipulation of race and gender as decoys for democracy reveals the corruptibility of identity politics. “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, 34. It's funny what a plastic badge and a meaningless phrase can do. Only knowledge is dangerous.”.

We will never get away with attempting to deceive others as God remembers all things. — James Redfield, Kindness, as we will see, has many facets. This is self-transcendence, a process of change that originates in one's heart and expands outward ... begins with a vision of freedom, with an "I want to become ... ", with a sense of the potentiality to become what one is not.

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words.

The solution being debated was not pollution/population control, but mass genocide of "selected undesirables.

The research rat of the future allows experimentation without manipulation of the real world.

“Above all, don’t lie to yourself.

Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. Is it the media that induce fascination in the masses, or is it the masses who direct the media into the spectacle? Both of these patterns of unhealthy behavior were dominant in our society, with men and women in substantial measure and in all of their relationships. "Please leave the area." Dogmas take endless forms, and when you can persuade different people to hold opposing dogmas, the manipulation of conflict and control through "divide and rule" becomes easy. Crow, Eating a RAW food lifestyle is the purest and best way to live.

Welcome back. Explore Deceit Quotes by authors including Unknown, John Dryden, and Ted Nugent at BrainyQuote. A demand that you yield your private consciousness to public manipulation.

Hinton, 19. The concept of romantic love affords a means of emotional manipulation which the male is free to exploit, since love is the only circumstance in which the female is (ideologically) pardoned for sexual activity. The former is the opinion of individuals. If you remove one of the wheels, they'll never be able to feel secure, be whole.”, “And pity--people who inspire it in you are actually very powerful people. Particularly the action, because you have to over-shoot a lot and shoot an enormous amount of material because many of the sequences have to be discovered in the editing and manipulation of it. 1976 matching entries found. — Esther Vilar, If you are an approval addict, your behaviour is as easy to control as that of any other junkie. Because I’ve made sure you have no one else to turn to.”, “In a culture that is becoming ever more story-stupid, in which a representative of the Coca-Cola company can, with a straight face, pronounce, as he donates a collection of archival Coca-Cola commercials to the Library of Congress, that 'Coca-Cola has become an integral part of people's lives by helping to tell these stories,' it is perhaps not surprising that people have trouble teaching and receiving a novel as complex and flawed as Huck Finn, but it is even more urgent that we learn to look passionately and technically at stories, if only to protect ourselves from the false and manipulative ones being circulated among us.”, “The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words. Subscribe The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way. — Ryszard Kapuscinski, Belief can be manipulated. Discover and share Quotes About Lies And Manipulation. Wounds must be attended to heal. Copyright © 2020 Famous Quotes & Sayings. “The mind starts to do things that you didn’t even realize it could do.

This is the cutting edge of modeling technology. “He seems like a man who knows what he wants, and the problem is he wants what I want.” – Abbi Glines, 52. “True love is built on free will and free choice, not control and manipulation.” – Ken Poirot, 39. Your email address will not be published.

But that may be, at least in small part, because of his book. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, 35. The notion that ubiquitous surveillance and state manipulation of the media is evil is deeply engrained in us. Orwell wasn't right about where society was in 1984. Sex is full of lies. See more ideas about Quotes, Words, Inspirational quotes. “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. The word “manipulation” brings up incredibly negative connotations in most people’s minds. — Charlie Fey, Liar!

They prod you to become a kinder, humbler manager, spouse, colleague, salesperson, and parent.

They know the child wants these things and has to do what they want; otherwise, they withdraw the favors - manipulation, domination, no happiness, psychic sickness. — Hannah Arendt, I think that storytelling and creation are very close to what the center of what magic is about. | Contact Us |, Quotes About Parental Involvement In Schools, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Success Quotes. Con men look for human frailty to exploit.
An omission is not the same thing as a lie, Miss Bishop. Public relations is at best promotion or manipulation, at worst evasion and outright deception. — Brandon Sanderson, Boundaries come after grace, because compassion minds the fragile places but boundaries keep them from compromising the rest. “Are you trying to manipulate me? How easy becomes the manipulation of the universe here, how evident the concentration of the intellectual world! If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.” —Philip K. Dick, “I’ve not seen in my lifetime any politician who is a heroic figure. — Herbert Schiller, Prayer does not blind us to the world, but it transforms our vision of the world, and makes us see it, all men, and all the history of mankind, in the light of God. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” – François de La Rochefoucauld, 51. Moonzajer, Foundational principles - don't criticize, condemn, or complain; talk about others' interests; if you're wrong, admit it; let others save face. Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman.

— Henri Nouwen, The research rat of the future allows experimentation without manipulation of the real world. “Abuse grows from attitudes and values, not feelings.

Certification constitutes a form of market manipulation and is plausible only to a schooled mind.Most teachers of arts and trades are less skillful, less inventive, and less communicative than the best craftsmenand tradesmen. — Christopher Nolan, There is a considerable amount of manipulation in the printmaking from the straight photograph to the finished print. — Jonathan Eig, Love without sacrifice is like theft — Nassim Nicholas Taleb, We all agree that parents have the primary responsibility of filtering the material that reaches children. “Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. I think not just for me, but for most of the cultures that have had a concept of magic, then the manipulation of language, and words, and thus of stories and fictions, has been very close to the center of it all. — Alan Moore, I'm not a clever man, but I'm willing to listen to people who are, and I think you are. It’s working.” – Bridget Moynahan, 4.

Lies lies lies and more lies. Desacralization is a process that allows us to sever any relationship we might feel to other living things. “The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. For example, words that evoke anxiety, either because of an individual's personal history or because of experimental manipulation, require greater illumination before first being perceived. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Those — Paul Lockhart, Oddly enough, the only person likely to be an ideal victim of complete manipulation is the President of the United States. And beliefs can be manipulated. “Manipulation, fueled with good intent, can be a blessing.
When you're way too real, fake people be like: You're a trip. It wasn't an accident. Darkholme, no memory of sexual abuse is as horrifying as the conversations overheard in the Underground pertaining to implementing the New World Order.

If you can control the …

“Manipulation can give you anything in life you want, if you can afford it.” – M.F. The latter is objective - defined by science and promulgated by expert spokesmen.

“Men are used as they use others.” —Bidpai, “The difference between persuasion and manipulation is intent.” —Unknown, “The hard thing you try to help them but still you are the bad one.” —Unknown, “Manipulation of human mind starts with dogmas.” —Unknown, “Allergic to manipulate people.” —Unknown, “If you don’t give education to people, it is easy to manipulate them.” —Pele, “If it was manipulation, it’s been successful.” —Unknown, “The concept of romantic love affords a means of emotional manipulation.” —Unknown, “Every thing about a movie is manipulation.” —Unknown, “Manipulation can give you anything in life you want, if you can afford it.” —M.F. “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day.

The key to victory lies more in manipulation and cooperation than in exceptional personal skills. It's so easy to manipulate an audience, but it's nearly always clear that you are being manipulated. People will ask more questions, begin to stand up for themselves, go their "own way", take better care of themselves, which will benefit everyone and everything around them. “Everybody has the ability to be manipulative, to be hateful and deceitful.” – Neil LaBute, 3.

But Gehrig was even better (.399, 20 HR, 61 RBIs).

I know that you humans build your life in lies.

“Poetry is a street fighter. — Edward Bernays, What does sincerity mean if it is chosen as deliberate strategy? Dogmas become a person's sense of security and means of retaining power, and humanity tends to cling to both until its knuckles turn white. The enemy of capitalist is not communist, the enemy of homosexual is not heterosexual, the enemy of Jew is not Arab, the enemy of youth is not the old, the enemy of hip is not redneck, the enemy of Chicano is not gringo and the enemy of women is not men. Trump found a different vice: anger. “Betrayal is too kind a word to describe a situation in which a father says he loves his daughter but claims he must teach her about the horrors of the world in order to make her a stronger person; a situation in which he watches or participates in rituals that make her feel like she is going to die. Below is our collection of eye-opening manipulation quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years. When you think of manipulation, you probably think of a dishonest person trying to control others for their own purposes. Quotes tagged as "manipulation" Showing 1-30 of 457 “Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. — Robert Kroese, After years spent trying to deal with the effects of COINTELPRO, my rage at the FBI's almost unimaginable evil remains undiminished because I believe that it succeeded in many of its horrifying goals, given the deaths of Martin King, Malcolm X, and other sixties leaders.