She'd left me for another, it's a common tale but true. “He was a sweet guy, really charming. (source site mentioned under the title). STEPPIN’= Stepping. The song has been recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary, Chad & Jeremy, The Kingston Trio, The Seekers, Bob Marley and The Wailers, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Sandie Shaw, and Roger Whittaker. Nevertheless, some British singers also open their O's a lot (for example George Michael), especially with the verb "got" meaning "have got". The tune is based on the Brazilian folk song Meu limão, meu limoeiro, arranged by José Carlos Burle in 1937 and made popular by Brazilian singer Wilson Simonal. There are two powerful opposed metaphors in this song: the blue sky and the lemon tree. To hang around is to go here and there with no particular purpose or direction. Lyrics. That is the whole story. All-powerful, all-beautiful. To step around is to walk with no particular direction. kevlar_soul, edited by jobse, "Lemon Tree" as written by Volker Hinkel Peter Freudenthaler. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I really appreciate this song You can also enjoy this song in a more festive way watching two funny videos that act the song out using cartoons, so it's much easier to understand: CLICK HERE. He was waiting in the car for his girlfriend. ", article, The Best of Peter, Paul and Mary: Ten Years Together, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lemon_Tree_(Will_Holt_song)&oldid=977390764, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 8 September 2020, at 15:24. NOTHING= Remember that we pronounce it /nʌθɪŋ/ ‘BOUT= About MISS= If you miss something you feel the lack or loss of it, you’d like it to be here but it is not. This is a happy song about being sad, very sad, terribly sad, so if you just want to enjoy the happiness of the melody, don't read the "general meaning section" and go straight to the "language explanations". The whole theme seems to be unrequited love and being totally alone without the person. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; Lyrics submitted by The song compares love to a lemon tree: "Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet, but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat." I'm sitting here in the boring room It's just another rainy Sunday afternoon I'm wasting my time I got nothing to do I'm hangin’ around I'm waiting for you But nothing ever happens and I wonder I'm driving around in my car I'm driving too fast I'm driving too far I'd like to change my point of view I feel so lonely I'm waiting for you But nothing ever happens and I wonder I wonder how I wonder why Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon tree I'm turning my head up and down I'm turning turning turning turning turning around And all that I can see is just another lemon tree Sing: dup, du-du-du-dup dee-dup-duh du-du-du-dup dee-dup-duh dup dee-di-dee-duh I'm sitting here I miss the power I'd like to go out taking a shower But there's a heavy cloud inside my head I feel so tired Put myself into bed While nothing ever happens and I wonder Isolation is not good for me Isolation, I don't want to sit on the lemon tree I'm steppin' around in the desert of joy Baby anyhow I'll get another toy And everything will happen and you wonder I wonder how I wonder why Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky And all that I can see is just another lemon tree I'm turning my head up and down I'm turning turning turning turning turning around And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon tree And I wonder, wonder I wonder how I wonder why Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky And all that I can see, and all that I can see, and all that I can see Is just a yellow lemon tree.