In September, he recorded 13-7 and earned run average of 2.09 in 159 innings pitched. He’s bright, seems like a high character guy, and he won’t embarrass his team on or off the field. We have some special people in there. September 11, 2020. "The work will never end. Cubs’ Jason Heyward and Yu Darvish and White Sox’s Jose Abreu and Luis Robert are voted as finalists for the Players Choice Awards, Cubs re-sign veteran reliever Junichi Tazawa to a minor-league deal », PECOTA disses, relievers as 'openers' and the free-agency waiting game: Welcome to baseball's new normal », Cubs at spring training: A game-by-game recap ». Baez Likewise, Hendricks’s contract extension with the Cubs attracted a lot of attention in media. He was born in Newport and later raised in San Juan Capistrano, California, the United States of America by his parents. It’ll also push the Cubs’ 2020 payroll to a guaranteed $114MM before the 2019 season even kicks off. The Cubs also hold team options on first baseman Anthony Rizzo through 2021. "It got to that point, where I knew 100 percent they were sticking their neck out for me," Hendricks said. Hendricks throws a fastball and elite changeup. Chatwalk for any vet catcher. Epstein noted that the Cubs had been in talks with Hendricks for more than a year, even admitting that negotiations seemed dead in the water at multiple turns. On the final day of Spring Training, Epstein announced that Chicago had signed Hendricks to a four-year contract extension, one that includes a club option that could keep the righty on the North Side through the 2024 campaign. He has a $16MM vesting option for the 2024 season that comes with a $1.5MM buyout but would become guaranteed if he finishes top three in the 2020 Cy Young voting. A visual look at how Kyle Hendricks ranks across the league, conference, division, and team. With that, Kyle ended his rookie season with a 7-2 win-loss record and a 2.46 ERA. They dont even know a starting point but a smart baseball fan knows it starts at arendado money. Learn how your comment data is processed. Partnered with the USA TODAY Sports Media Group  |  Powered by, Signed a 4 year $55.5 million contract extension with Chicago (CHC), Signed a 1 year $7.405 million contract with Chicago (CHC), avoiding arbitration, Signed a 1 year $4.175 million contract with Chicago (CHC), avoiding arbitration, Signed a 1 year $761k contract with Chicago (CHC), Signed a 1 year $541,000 contract with Chicago (CHC), Signed a 1 year $510,000 contract with Chicago (CHC), Traded to Chicago (CHC) from Texas (TEX) with, Drafted by Texas (TEX): Round 8 (#264 overall), Drafted by Texas (TEX): Round 8 (#264 overall), How Cubs prospects Brennen Davis, Burl Carraway and more developed in South Bend, What a Cy Young Award would mean for Yu Darvish and the Cubs. Bryant Don’t mean a thing if you ain’t got that ring . Is Nico Hoerner the second baseman of the future? Entertain us clown, and I’ll be sure to carve out a minute or two a week to return the favor when and if they post anything on the Northwest Indiana White Sux. One of the key players of the Cubs and even their starting pitcher for the season, Kyle Hendricks, is a man with much potential. Without a doubt, Hendricks was named NL Pitcher of the August. Botton 3 starter he would be the white Sox ace for the next 5 years. If Hendricks blows out his shoulder and that prevents him from ever pitching effectively again, they will absolutely regret the contract. Well, outside the pitch, he is all that and fun, but in the pitch, Hendricks is a victory hungry beast. Column: Fans are back at the ballpark for the NLCS and World Series — but is that for financial reasons instead of hope for the future? Overall, Kyle finished the season with a record of 16-8 in 190 innings pitched and an ERA of 2.13. That number would typically constitute two, if not three year’s worth of spring extensions. Hendricks and the Cubs have shared a mutually high comfort level dating to his trade from the Rangers in the middle of 2012 — Epstein’s first year in Chicago. [Most read in Sports] 5 things to watch for in the Chicago Bears’ Week 6 game, including Cole Kmet’s activity and Teddy Bridgewater’s efficiency, [Most read in Sports] The Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers area headed for a 3rd-down showdown: ‘For us, they’re never in until they’re in’. Did you ever think people post stupid comments on Cubs threads because of the good amount of Cubs fans that do that on other threads here? "I want to exceed what they've given me and provide even more to the Cubs and this organization," Hendricks said. “They wanted me to be here, and I felt like I needed to reciprocate and accept it,” Hendricks said. His determination for perfection and victory might be the reason why his stats comprises of more wins than losses. If anyone watches the Cubs, they are full aware of how good Hendricks has been over the past three seasons. The hard work continues. Kyle made the deal a no-brainer for the Cubs. They’ll give Bryant a 20 year contract that expands past his 20 year playing career. He only received it after completing his coursework in the winter of 2012 and the fall of 2013. Not a good curveball. Read his blog, Major League Bastian and follow him on Twitter @MLBastian. After the deal trout got, I can’t see Bryant thinking he’ll get more, and to be clear he IS a lesser player than Trout. Hence, make sure to read till the end to know more about Kyle, aka “The Professor.”. Since his Major League Baseball(MLB) debut in 2014, Kyle has stayed committed with the Chicago Cubs. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. A look at the injuries for Kyle Hendricks, and the financial implications. He usually has rough springs and starts. Lowish K rate, elite BB, high GB%, avg FIP, xFIP, and SIERA. Minter In Game 5 Of NLCS, Blue Jays Notes: Bichette, Shoemaker, Vlad, Framber Valdez, Blake Snell To Start Game 6 Of ALCS, How To Set Up Notifications For Breaking News. Since his Major League Baseball(MLB) debut in 2016, Kyle has stayed faithful with the Chicago Cubs. By no means is his hook “excellent” as Steve stated before editing that comment out. I’m always cautious of Darvish because of his extensive injury history. Well done, Cubs.