The basic plot: A tough LA cop has been trying to catch a drug dealer and murderer for years and when he discovers the location of the bad guy's estranged wife (who supposedly stole $3 million from her hubby) & son, he goes there to try and find them and solicit testimony to put the bag guy/her hubby away. My dad decided at fifteen years old, he was going to be a doctor, and that was that. Permalink: My dad's a gynecologist. Penelope Ann Miller is very nice as the estranged wife; Pamela Reed is very good as Arnold's partner (and a great comic foil); and Linda Hunt as the school principal is, as always, great. Despite how weird this premise sounds, it actually works and can be considered one of the Governator's better films. And just a bit of trivia... if you ever go to Astoria, they have a map of all the locations for different movies like this & Goonies. Joe!” (as in G.I. 7 Best Movie Kindergarten Cop quotes,Kindergarten Cop (1990) Director: Ivan Reitman,Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Penelope Ann Miller, Pamela Reed ... My dad is a gynecologist,and he looks at vaginas all day long. He was fairly young himself when this movie was made and that adds to the film; he's clearly at sea when it comes to dealing with all those little kids. If you are a fan of the (now former) Governor of California and one of Hollywood's most well-known action stars, you definitely need this film in your collection. The search takes this cop and his new partner all the way to Astoria, Oregon, where the ex-wife and son are believed to be hiding out. My dad's a gynecologist. A CLASSIC ARNIE FILM MUCH BETTER ON BLURAY!-I saw this for sale on amazon region free usa import and I bought it asap!-I had to wait a while as it was from the USA but it was well worth the wait as its better than the previous DVD version..My only 'gripe' about this new bluray is the fact it had no bonus features apart from a theatrical trailer.The picture quality is very good for such an old film and the SOUND is full HD master audio and makes the film more enjoyable.Any fan of Arnie must own this film on bluray,and even those that are NOT particaly "Arnie fans" will really enjoy this action comedy,its a classic movie. 6. Why has he not been observed teaching multiple times? Change ), Inspired by a mid-college crisis and a change of heart, Down With Your Trousers (and Your Double Standards), A Modernized Past, or The History in Art History. Fast service & a great price for this brand new dvd. The fact remains that my dad looks at vaginas and delivers babies on a daily basis. But Kindergarten Cop is genuinely touching, the story of a hard man who visibly finds his true passion and soul by leaving behind the rot of urban crime. That’s how my dad’s years in Manila were. Cool, cool. When you’re getting to know just about anyone, one way or another you’re going to get on the topic of, as immortalized by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop, “who is your daddy, and what does he do for a living?” Okay, so it usually doesn’t come up outright like that, but your friends are going to want to know your family, so why not let them? I opened the package and put dvd in my Blu-ray player. Kindergarten Cop 1990. These days, we take our organic chemistry, we get abysmal grades, and we bite the dust and settle for something else. One of the best films of director Ivan Reitman (Dave), t…. That’s awesome, but what kind of doctor? One of the best films of director Ivan Reitman (Dave), t… more ». This winning 1990 comedy stars Arnold Schwarzenegger in an initially self-deprecating role as a grizzled, big-city cop who goes undercover as a small-town kindergarten teacher to nab a killer. Forget talking about this in middle school. My dad is a gynecologist. When they're in their bedroom at night, I always hear them yelling, "Jesus!" It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. He dabbled in becoming a cardiologist, but ultimately chose gynecology as his speciality, and when working in a hospital in Newark, he met my mom. It’s something that not many people would be willing to do, but he pressed on, and just the other day, he received notice that he was being commended by a magazine for being one of the best physicians in New Jersey. So when that obnoxious girl from high school who would introduce me to people as “Katie, the girl who’s dad delivered me,” I no longer feel annoyed or embarrassed. Permalink: You should be reading stories about bears that go shopping! Not such a great idea. His name is John, he’s sixty-three years old, and has been many a times mistaken for my grandfather because his hair and mustache used to be bright red, but it’s becoming more white now, and his skin is thick with age and freckles. She was a labor and delivery nurse. He came down with a case of dengue fever, a debilitating mosquito-born hemorrhagic fever that had essentially no treatment in the Philippines, and remained bed-ridden for weeks not sure if he would even survive. He drives an Acura with a technology package that he can (and does) interact with, and he’s lived in the same town in New Jersey that we call home for his entire life. The fact remains that my dad looks at vaginas and delivers babies on a daily basis. The best scenes are, by far, those Arnold shares with the children. It played right through in English and no faults. Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2018. How could he let an army of flying roaches or not seeing his family for a couple of years stop him? STANDS4 LLC, 2020. 1 hour 51 FULL screen color minutes in ENGLISH, Espanol or Francais with English or Espanol subtitles. This winning 1990 comedy stars Arnold Schwarzenegger in an initially self-deprecating role as a grizzled, big-city cop who goes undercover as a small-town kindergarten teacher to nab a killer. So I'm watching KINDERGARTEN COP in a bit of a stupor because the remote control is too far for me to reach when I suddenly realize something amazing: This movie is fantastic. Arnold Schwarzenegger? Please try again. My dad's divorced. Yeah. Detective John Kimble. You should be reading stories about bears that go shopping! As he left the airport, a boy tried to lift his wallet and steal his suitcases. . Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Web. He had no adequate advising except from his older brother who is, surprisingly enough, also a gynecologist, making the speciality, in essence, a family business in the weirdest sense of the trade. He drove in a cab that was swarmed by angry Filipinos shouting “Joe! He couldn’t imagine doing anything else with his life. I bought this as an incite into teaching and it is wildly misleading...Arnie would have zero time to chase bad guys or single mums...where is Arnies planning? Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 7. He doesn't have that much hair because- and he- his head is so big that he can't wear any hats. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Okay first off, thank you for, despite the main character being a cop in Los Angeles, not keeping the film in Los Angeles...it's been done. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 31, 2019, My daughter’s been reminiscing about films she watched in her youth.....although this was made before she was born.....so I bought this as another stocking filler. Like I said, I actually liked it. It was almost an embarrassing thing to tell someone growing up. Quite honestly, I consider my dad’s profession to be a noble one. He’s a doctor. As an aside the film is not bad, or as she’s concerned ‘awesome’ , Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 13, 2019. Hilarity ensues and he finds the wife & son, but falls for the wife and has to protect them from the bag guy/hubby, who has also discovered where they are. Carrol Baker (of Baby Doll fame) brings a heavy presence (and lots of creepiness) as the bad guy's mom. It's really funny! Kindergarten Cop (1990) - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. NEW DVD! Where is Arnies marking? So he goes undercover in an elementary school in Astoria, Oregon as a kindergarten teacher. The most remarkable part of my dad’s quest to become a doctor is what he went through to become a doctor. Reviewed in the United States on January 14, 2018. Kindergarten Cop (1990) Source video - Top clips - Next line quiz. There's a problem loading this menu right now. No, she wasn’t his patient. I selected English and no subtitles and pressed Play. ( Log Out /  I start out by telling them a little bit about my dad. Reviewed in the United States on June 16, 2014. Trouble is, he doesn't know which child is the right one. I’m not saying that our dreams and our plans don’t change, because they certainly do. It was almost an embarrassing thing to tell someone growing up. and headed off to Rutgers to study zoology and get ready for medical school. However, a few minor setbacks and the competitiveness of the time (it was the 1970s, and many people were going to medical school to avoid being sent to Vietnam) for graduate school applicants put my dad on the waiting list. He'd rather be in shootouts with bad guys than deal with these kids with runny noses & potty problems!