Kim So Yeon will be undergoing an epic transformation in the new SBS drama “Penthouse”! [4] Based on a match in the Nexus Cup Korean qualifiers that took place on June 18[1] Geguri was accused by two other professional players, "ELTA" and "Strobe" from team Dizzyness of using an aimbot based on suspicion that her performance was 'too good' and that her mouse precision was not "humanly possible. [+58, -0] Nate deleted the best comment5. Kim So-yeon (born November 2, 1980) is a South Korean actress. Through this new role, Kim So Yeon will show a darker side of herself that has never been seen before. Though the team was not a strong performer in prior series, ESPN wrote that its new lineup was an improvement, and Geguri's signing was a new height for her career, as she was expected to become Overwatch's first female professional player. The script is so amazing, and I know I would’ve regretted it if I hadn’t met this drama. The former Miss Korea is really beautiful and down to earth. “Penthouse” premieres on October 26 after the end of “Do You Like Brahms?” and will be available on Viki. [+820, -142] I think she looks natural and pretty, almost like Han Ji Min4. I’m really grateful for his help.”, She also talked about the atmosphere of the drama set, saying, “I’m working with many charming actors I’ve been wanting to meet, and I’m learning a lot from them. [+1,048, -124] Finally a winner who actually looks like someone worthy of the title2. "[4] The controversy began with a post on a forum which suggested that Geguri might be cheating based on footage of her play. Moreover, she will double the tension in the drama by having a strained rivalry with Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), a woman who has never once experienced wealth but will do anything for her children’s success. She placed 3rd, making up 53.34% of her total prize money won. [+91, -1] She has a lot to clarify, lots of rumors about her father6. Kim So Yeon will take the role of Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition. Why are these comments being deleted?9. And she looks more like she's in her thirties than twenties7. I’m doing my best with a grateful heart.”, Then she added, “Director Joo Dong Min really loves this drama, and he puts a lot of effort into filming each scene, so I become inspired to work harder as well. The 2019 Miss Korea winner Kim Sae-yeon, center, poses with the runners up during the pageant held in the Grand Peace Hall at Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Thursday. We didn't have a direct confession but Lee Sang Woo was on the phone with Lee Sang Yoon , … ", Geguri first became interested in Overwatch, a first-person shooter video game, after watching cinematic trailers for the game before its release date. All Rights Reserved. Source: Nate1. [+663, -203] Wow, it took years but we finally got a pretty one. Kim "Geguri" Se Yeon is a female Korean Overwatch player. [2] The accusations escalated, and two of her professional opponents said that they would quit Overwatch if Geguri were to be exonerated. BLACKPINK's Lisa gives lesson on Thai 'crab dance' on 'Knowing Brothers'. Kim So Yeon’s unconventional transformation will be beyond your imagination. Page generated in 3.8230419159 milliseconds, Overwatch League 2020 - Playoffs - Grand Finals, Overwatch League - Season 1 Regular Season, Chipotle Challenger Series III (2020) - Fortnite, Twitch Rivals: Fall Guys Fridays (Week 4) - NA. [+412, -70] Please don't compare her to Honey Lee. Jungyeon to sit out on TWICE's promotions for 2nd album due to anxiety issues, 5 Girl Groups Who Paved the Way For BLACKPINK, DKB reveals tracklist for the upcoming 3rd mini-album 'Growth', MAMAMOO drops teaser images of Solar and Hwa Sa for the upcoming pre-release track "Dingga", TWICE's Dahyun shines in the latest set of concept film and teaser images for 'Eyes Wide Open', DRIPPIN is ready to embark on an epic voyage with another set of concept photos for their debut mini-album 'Boyage', Chinese customs reportedly block BTS merchandise due to alleged pro-Hong Kong message, Brand King BTS Jimin tops the Boy Group Individual Brand Reputation for 22 Consecutive Months and trends in South Korea with 3 hashtags, Brothers NCT's Doyoung & Gong Myung are already having funny Instagram interactions, just one day after Doyoung opens his account, BLACKPINK's Jennie reveals which 'Knowing Brothers' castmate is her ideal type, BLACKPINK to perform once again on ABC's 'Good Morning America', BTS ARMY celebrate 800 days of the self-love anthem 'Epiphany' by BTS Jin. [+104, -1] Rumors about her father are slowly going to get out now so she should start by clarifying that5. [+903, -121] She looks way better than the other plastic monsters3. “Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. [7][8] She was chosen among the League's top players to represent the Pacific Division in the League's 2018 All-Star Game. [+90, -1] I read a comment saying she's the daughter of the CEO who assaulted The East Light, maybe that's why the comments seem rigged? Check out the latest trailer here. The atmosphere on set is really great, and I’m having a lot fun filming. Kim Se Yeon wins 'Miss Korea 2019' The 2019 Miss Korea winner Kim Sae-yeon, center, poses with the runners up during the pageant held in the … The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee. The incident brought Geguri international fame and anticipation for her professional career.[5][4]. Kim So Yeon will take the role of Cheon Seo Jin, a … [6] The team failed to qualify for OGN's APEX tournaments and ultimately disbanded in June 2017. See tournament references for sources. Source: News 1 via Nate1. Kim Se-yeon (Korean: 김세연; Hanja: 金世娟, born June 26, 1999), better known as Geguri (게구리), is a South Korean professional Overwatch player for the Shanghai Dragons of the Overwatch League. [4], In February 2018, Geguri became the first female player in the Overwatch League when she joined the Shanghai Dragons. Geguri received international attention for the precision of her computer mouse movements; following an incident in 2016 in which other professional players accused her of using aim assist software, she proved her ability in a monitored studio and was signed to EHOME Spear, a professional team that ultimately disbanded without participation in the first-division APEX tournament. [9] Following the first season, Overwatch League commissioner Nate Nanzer said that Geguri "[has] already inspired millions of girls around the world". Kim Se-yeon (Korean: 김세연; Hanja: 金世娟, born June 26, 1999), better known as Geguri (게구리), is a South Korean professional Overwatch player for the Shanghai Dragons of the Overwatch League. [+494, -62] She's going to end up on variety shows with wolves looking to seduce her3. Copyright © 2012-2020 Esports Earnings. If you go look at her videos, she couldn't even come close to the dirt on Honey Lee's toes. Thanks to his ideas, I’m able to portray my character in a better way. Se Yeon has 7 jobs listed on their profile. Kim So Yeon perfectly poses as the successful prima donna Cheon Seo Jin by wearing colorful accessories and elegant dresses. © 2007 - 2020 6Theory Media, LLC. Geguri has been awarded $37,500.00 in cash prizes from a single tournament within the last 90 days, all of which came in the last month. She is the daughter of the chairman of the Chunga Foundation and a glamorous soprano. Music Core'! [1] She developed a reputation in South Korea as a player in Overwatch based on her plays with the Overwatch character Zarya, specifically due to her aim and win ratio. [+83, -11] Why are people saying she looks natural? She looks a bit tacky... but I guess looking tacky means you look natural nowadays? [+32, -5] She's pretty but more like a runner-up type of beauty, not winner8. Please watch to see how the story of Cheon Seo Jin will unfold, and how she will add tension to the drama.”. Her primary Overwatch character, Zarya, had returned to popular rotation in the professional circuit. She showcases cold-blooded charisma with just her appearance, and the drama has hinted she’s a power-hungry being who will do anything to get what she wants. allkpop® is a registered trademark of 6Theory Media, LLC. [+74, -0] Who's her father? [2] Sometime during this period, Geguri was ranked on Overwatch as one of the top Zarya players[3] and developed a reputation for her shooting and win ratio. [10], Time named Geguri one of its 2019 "Next Generation Leaders" for being one of the first successful female esports players. She has a Honey Lee feel.2. [2], In June 2016, Geguri became embroiled in a cheating controversy over her performance in an official tournament. [11], popular rotation in the professional circuit, "[카드뉴스] '오버워치' 게구리 김세연 인터뷰…'게구리가 쓴 핵은 사실 겁나잘핵, "Korean Woman Kicks Ass At Overwatch, Gets Accused Of Cheating [Update]", "Geguri to become first female competitor in Overwatch APEX", "중국프로게임단 EHOME, UW Artisan 인수… 오버워치 팀 창단", "The Overwatch League signs its first female player", "We're excited to welcome He "Sky" Junjian, Kim "Geguri" Seyeon, Lee "Fearless" Euiseok and Chon "Ado" Gihyeon to our #OverwatchLeague roster", "Overwatch League All-Star Game starting lineups revealed", "OWL commissioner Nate Nanzer: Geguri has inspired "millions of girls" around the world", "Meet the Female Gamer Taking the Male-Dominated World of eSports by Storm", "Blizzard clears high-ranking teenage Overwatch player in cheating scandal", "Geguri's Overwatch League Debut Was A Beautiful Moment", "D.va From Overwatch Has Become A Symbol of Hope In Real Life", "Overwatch's gamer girl hero inspires a feminist movement (update)", "No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster", "Talented young Overwatch player accused of cheating, Blizzard says 'nope, "Geguri joins ROX Orcas, becomes first female player in Overwatch's top league", "An ode to D.Va, the sassiest dream girl this side of Overwatch", "Geguri: 'I want to keep trying harder and make all my fans proud, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Geguri&oldid=965478475, Use of the tablewidth parameter in Infobox Korean name, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 1 July 2020, at 15:19.