Professor and Associate Director Electrical and Computer Engineering Frank H T Rhodes Hall, Room 333 607/254-5473. “We have to be willing to put the time and the effort to look to other disciplines, to try to see our problem from their perspective, and to produce a solution that is workable on silicon. Percy Bridgman, Ph.D. 1908, Harvard Prof. Martinez was appointed to a two-year term as the Associate Dean for Diversity and Academic Affairs for the College of Engineering in January 2020. Biography. David H. Albonesi. 313 Campus Rd. He is very harsh too. As an undergraduate, he resided in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico, and prepared at Ithaca (N.Y.) High School. He is also co-founder and part of the Executive Committee of Cornell’s Initiative for Digital Agriculture (CIDA). on Field-Programmable Logic (FPL). In 2017 I was Chair of the IEEE Computer Society’s Transactions Operating Committee, in charge of overseeing all of the Society’s journal publications; before that, I served as Editor in Chief of IEEE Computer Architecture Letters (2013-2016). Symp. Perhaps it's worthwhile asking how current mobile and data center architectures should be re-thought around this new paradigm. For every frequency band your cell phone runs—Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4GLTE, 4GSM--it uses a different chip. video platform powered by CBS Sports Digital. The only problem was that he had really sparse lecture notes, so you had to pay close attention in class and take good notes to do well. Read more about Hazal Yüksel: Pushing boundaries through curiosity, When Shiva Rajagopal went to high school in Fallon, Nevada there were no computer science classes offered. Debbie Moss Diversity Programs in Engineering 146 Olin Hall Ithaca, NY 14850 USA +1 607-255-5227 dlm45@cornell.edu. Prof. Martínez is currently the hardware theme lead for the Center for Research in Intelligent Storage and Processing in Memory (CRISP). I am General Co-chair (with José Duato) of ISCA 2020. Jose Martinez. Elsewhere: José Martínez (copy & paste), Center for Research in Intelligent Storage and Processing in Memory (CRISP), Cornell’s Initiative for Digital Agriculture (CIDA). Conf. on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), San Francisco, CA Feb. 2015. Also he even flat out refused to answer students' questions about grading because according to him "it's not productive to wonder about your grades". Prof. Martínez graduated from the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia in Spain, and earned MS and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. According to José Martínez, all successful research must cycle through two phases: There’s a disruption phase, where researchers suddenly crack a problem open by thinking differently about it. Would take again. Martinez is a great teacher, he knows his stuff! John Hennessy, Ph.D. 1977, SUNY Stony Brook Prof. Martínez served as Editor in Chief of IEEE Computer Architecture Letters from 2013 through 2016, and in 2017 as Chair of the IEEE Computer Society’s Transactions Operating Committee, in charge of overseeing all of the Society’s journal publications. ", “With its strong commitment to sustainability, I feel fortunate to be a part of CORNELL,” Bora says. Jose Martinez-Zorrilla, Class: 1932 Induction: 1981 Sport(s): Football, Fencing, Men's Lacrosse - He . Diversity Programs in Engineering Just from the sheer number of components, the size of the problems is immensely large. Read more about Community Member of the Month: Raaj Bora, Open up your cell phone and look at the board inside, and you’ll find several chips. Symp. on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA). Overall, I would recommend taking a class with him. Biography. José Martínez. “The idea is that, if you have a finite budget, by participating in the market you would eventually figure out what your best bet is based on the available supply and what other players want. He is also co-founder and part of the Executive Committee of Cornell’s Initiative for Digital Agriculture (CIDA). always seems angry. Although I had him for my engineering 1050, and he showed up maybe twice and made his TA organize everything. “We did have a Tech Club where we would refurbish old computers... He is part of Cornell’s Computer Systems Laboratory. He also lettered in lacrosse in 1932. If you want to learn, this is the professor you want to take; on the other hand if you want an easy A, I recommend going somewhere else because Professor Martinez is going to make you work for it. Ithaca, NY 14853 USA Shuang Chen (ECE, PhD, co-advised with Prof. José Martinez) Yanqi Zhang (ECE, PhD) Neeraj Kulkarni (ECE, PhD, co-advised with Prof. David Albonesi) Mingyu Liang (ECE, PhD) Nikita Lazarev (ECE, PhD, co-advised with Prof. Zhiru Zhang) Zhuangzhuang Zhou (ECE, PhD) Zhongkai Liu (ECE, MEng) Zhaopeng Xu (ECE, MEng) Sirui Wang (ECE, MEng) Zixiao Wang (ECE, MEng) Boteng … Hazal Yüksel... on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA). Rate Professor Martinez. If you have a disability and are having trouble accessing information on this website or need materials in an alternate format, Contact web-accessibility@cornell.edu for assistance. (Computer Science), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1999, Ph.D. (Computer Science), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002. 2014. Also he (probably deliberately) left important parts of his lecture slides blank. The only problem was that he had really sparse lecture notes, so you had to pay close attention in class and take good notes to do well. He received All-East recognition in 1931 and 1932, and played in the '32 East-West game. Associate Professor Electrical and Computer Engineering Frank H T Rhodes Hall, Room … Jose Martinez-Zorrilla, Class: 1932 Induction: 1981 Sport(s): Football, Fencing, Men's Lacrosse - He was selected to the Associated Press All-America first team. José Martínez is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, faculty member of the graduate fields of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, and faculty Fellow of the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future at Cornell.