Don’t know where I pulled those names from, but you get my point. CJ2k/CJnoK.. he has less yards than all these guys, and none of them are getting in.. His decline is like Stephen Alexander. 1280 Receiving Yards 2606 Receiving Yards Sure, put Charles in, Terrell Davis is in so why not? He once rushed for 165 yards in one quarter of football in an NFL game. Really, I don’t think any of them are really HOF material. Terrell Davis might have played the absolute bare minimum amount of seasons to qualify for Canton, but he WAS the MVP of the League, 3x All-Pro, Super Bowl MVP, and 2x Super Bowl Champion. This lets us see a player’s contributions on a per-play basis — using both the traditional measure of yards per carry and one that allows us to better contextualize how those yards improved the team’s chances of scoring. What you are leaving out are things like Offensive Player of the Year, SB MVP, etc…. Zero is the number of championships he won. He’s had multiple 200-plus-yard rushing games including one where he rushed for 259 yards in a single game, which is ninth all-time for most yards in a single game. =====. I don’t think he makes the cut. Marshawn Lynch has a better case, playoff performer and Super Bowl winner (especially if he plays another year and adds some stats). Funnily, his peak was even shorter but brighter than Jamaal’s, plus his team success would play into it. Those alone warrant inclusion. John Elway and Mike Shanahan’s legacies much different because of him. DeAngelo Williams 71 td Five FANTASTIC seasons, but I’m not sure that’s enough for a RB. Do I think he “could” get in? Charles is right. He’s a shoe in for the Hall of Pretty Good. No. 10,009 Rushing Yards Anyone can get in if there is enough support and anyone can be left out. Watching him run, was a thing of beauty. But when we do, there’s a good chance they’re with the gang from... Time: 12:00pm EST Just a couple of numbers: Gore, AP, Lynch, and Mccoy are all active RBs that have better cases that would likely overshadow Charles, not letting him in. I think he’d be a good fit in in Reids offense. That just leaves a few…. In practice, they are likely right. He was fun to watch in those seasons but yards per carry won’t get him in nor will having only five 1,000 yard seasons. 2593 Receiving Yards Amazing player and hall of fame caliber talent but I think his number of injuries will keep him out. If we restrict our sample to the 68 running backs with over 1000 carries since 2000, how does he stack up? He shouldn’t even sniff a vote. I drafted this guy on my team his rookie year as a flyer in case Larry Johnson went down. 5 overall in the latest AP Poll. Apparently Charles is horrible at basic math to, he does not realize that an a career average of 5.4YDs per carry is not “averaging 6.0YDs per carry basically”. Surely not anyone who started their career before, say, 1970 because that’s just an apples vs oranges argument. Those aren’t HOF numbers. I happen to agree based on his yards-per-carry alone and the fact that he sustained it over many seasons. He may not get into Canton, but he’ll always be a Hall of Famer in my book. The 5th rule of the hall of fame is let your numbers do all the talking. Davis had 65 TD’s vs 64 for Charles. 10156 scrimmage yds (102nd all-time) It was the O-Line of the KC Chiefs, and the system of Andy Reid that put those numbers up. Davis and he are both out of the top 50 in total yards so a fair comparison. Tell the whole story, Davis has a couple of superbowl victories in his arsenal. The team success thing is a wash, too. “That tells you what type of player I was,” Jamaal said. Charles has a case if compared to Terrell Davis. Five seasons will probably not be enough to get him in Canton, as spectacular as those five seasons were. There are too many memorable moments from Jamaal Charles not to be a Hall of Fame player. Longevity vs Peak: Why Jamaal Charles has a better Hall of Fame case than Frank Gore. Don’t forget Mike Shanahan, he was in on it so he must be HOF material as well. Unsure of his NFL future, Jamaal Charles makes his case for the Hall of Fame. You won me a lot of $$ in fantasy football so thanks – but you needed a couple more good/great seasons. The 2nd rule of the hall of fame is you don’t talk about the hall of fame.. Charles definitely should NOT be in the hall of fame. Sure… he amassed more carries during that time frame than anyone else. PIT? Numbers can tell you a lot. College programs also do not need to break the bank to win. It opens it up for all other ‘short career’ players. It’s his only way. Terrell Davis? His playoff stats: As someone who loved watching him play, I say maybe when he’s much older but definitely nowhere near first ballot. Here we go. Take a look at Frank Gore in this graph. Not wven close. SundaySwamiSaysDontDisagreeWithPftOrYourCommentWontBePosted says: 5 years from now, Frank Gore will still be running for 4.3 YPC. If he didnt get hurt, hed be one of the all time greats. Isidore Newman 2023 quarterback Arch Manning made his national television debut Thursday evening. New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s famous line... Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. Earl Campbell only had five years with more than 1,000 yards rushing and only 1 season when he averaged over 5 yards per carry, and he is considered one of the best runnig backs in history. The 1st rule of the hall of fame is you don’t talk about the hall of fame.. But the data leads us to believe that if Gore’s teams had just decided to hand off the ball to someone else, they’d get essentially the same result. Maybe when he is old and gray he will get in. Gore and AP are locks. Register now! He’ll have to pay to get in. 7,563 Yards Rushing Note: All of data for this analysis was pulled from NFL play-by-play data through the publicly available R package nflfastR, and analyzed in the Python programming language. 60 Rushing TD’s Jamaal Charles hasn’t officially retired from the NFL, but at age 32, and after playing just two games in 2018, it seems unlikely he’ll play again.