[s], Don't Miss These 30 New Young Adult Debuts. identity, family complications, and first loves, all wrapped up in a sweet, sassy package. When I’m shy, my head hangs low, (Bow head) I was also struck how she described her physical, sexual and emotional attraction to other women from an early age. Refresh and try again. Think: a delectable mix of Morgan Matson, ALWAYS NEVER YOURS, and a splash of The Great British Bake-Off (yes, there are PLENTY of desserts to be found!). My mouth says, la la la A Perigee Book . Filled with delicious cupcake descriptions, relatable teenage angst, and passionate love for books and online friendships, [Content/Trigger Warnings: grief over death of grandparent, lying. It does not impact my review. A humorous read, written in rhyming verse. i had to listen to the second half on audio because i just couldn’t get into it as much as i wanted. I Like Me! This song will need a bit of an introduction. Can you please post the whole story of “I Like Me” coz I need in my storytelling period of my kindergarten class. Despite the frankly awful cover (a major publishing house okayed this? Please try your request again later. [Dealing with the death of a loved one, mental health - anxiety, confusion over sexuality. i just couldn’t respect her, despite her reasoning. BOOK 3 –   I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont But watching her more recent interviews I was struck by her amazing physical beauty. OPENING SONG – Can’t Wait to Celebrate I hope they figure that out in Nashville and that the country music world continues to play her music, even though it appears that they haven't since the publishing of this book. Great book! Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2018, This book is a must buy! firstly, i loved that this is about book bloggers and the community that i’m so familiar with and in love with, it felt so comforting reading about it and understanding it. Sending springtime smiles,Barbara, I have this book in my library and hadn't gotten around to creating anything for it. God Bless you always ma’am. I start by telling the group that this song is in Spanish, so “we are going to learn a few words in Spanish before we start.”  I cover these words: Working through them one at a time, point to each body part as you say it and then have children repeat each word in Spanish. May I ask a favor ma’am? Having to go thought this at all is difficult, but having to do it publicly takes courage and inner strength and a strong group of friends she was lucky enough to have. SONG ON CD –  Mi Cuerpo Hace Música /My Body Makes Music   (Hispanic Folk Song) firstly, i loved that this is about book bloggers and the community that i’m so familiar with and in love with, it felt so comforting reading about it and understanding it. Mi boca hace la la la Unlike many other reviewers, I was not overly impressed with her expression of the English language as "fine" literature, although she did have her moments. Hardcover. firstly, i loved that this is about book bloggers and the community that i’m so familiar with and in love with, it felt so comforting reading about it and understanding it. It’s the first week of summer reading classes at the library! Verified Purchase. Reviewed in Canada on January 3, 2014. Follow her at marisakanter.com and on Twitter @marisakanter, “I need to make a playlist of acoustic covers from tonight and carry it in my pocket. This was a super cute story about confidence, love, family, friends, and our favorite thing, talking about books! There was a problem loading your book clubs. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Her story will leave little ones feeling good about themselves, too!

Praise for I Like Me!

"Little ones in need of positive reinforcement will find it here. Following a similar route as Eliza and Her Monsters, What I Like About You follows the journey of a blogger rather than a creator, making it easily relatable. We had a great turnout for our first preschool storytime class, which was “I Like ME.”  Going along with the summer theme –, Click to Download Feelings Faces Printable, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Thanks for sharing your story. CLOSING SONG – If You’re Happy and You Know It, If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands… This is one of my favorite singers and I was happy to read her life story. Book: I Like Myself, Freebie: writing, Theme: individuality Monday, April 29, 2013. I Like Myself What I Like About Me Quick as a Cricket From Head to Toe Parts All about me book Brainstorming words Family names Take a survey Word puzzles Free Play Free Play Free Play Free Play Free Play All About Me HALF DAY LESSON PLAN . CRAFT –   Self-Portraits Marisa Kanter has such an authentic teen voice, and I fell head over heels for her characters. Paperback. A classic favorite that everyone will know. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. I would like to think your story has helped here in Nashville and around the country.Thank you. OMG! Choose the type of binding and the size you want. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. she was keeping this secret fro, okay, it’s taken me so long to read this but finally—i have! How I feel inside of me. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. We also learned some words in Spanish and sang and danced to a Hispanic Folk Song. 4.9 out of 5 stars 177. I’m so happy she’s found happiness and true love. Due to copyright law, I am not able to post the words to a published book online. In this song, children have to pay attention to the words and freeze during certain parts. okay, it’s taken me so long to read this but finally—i have! I had never seen her before. ( Log Out /  She is her own best friend, she likes her round tummy, and best of all: she reads good books by herself (like me). Then,  sing the song without the CD slowly one or two times. I highly recommend this and I recommend getting her album that she wrote and put together during this time of her career (“Lifted Off the Ground”). Ages 13+, Hey! I bet if you go to your local library, they will be able to get it for you. i had to listen to the second half on audio because i just couldn’t get into it as much as i wanted. All About Me Books ABC I Like Me by Nancy Carlson All By Myself by Mercer Mayer Bright Eyes, Brown Skin by Bernette G. Ford and Cheryl Hudson Charlie the Caterpillar by Dom De Luise Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes I Like Me by Nancy Carlson I Was So Mad by … I'm Like You, You're Like Me: A Book About Understanding and Appreciating Each Other Cindy Gainer. Truly a great read. And when I grit my teeth, I’m mad. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. $11.99. Thank you! And it is very different, in many good ways, including the gay community. I would be really, really sad if that happened. Mi cintura hace cha cha cha. ( Log Out /  Although I have very limited knowledge about the gay community, through Chely's book I have taken a harder look at my views. Got a PDF with hundreds of pages you need printing? !Shawna, I love this book! 9780399536212_IHateYou_FM_pi-xvi.indd i 16/09/10 7:41 AM “ I Hate You—Don’t Leave Me was the irst book to introduce BPD to the public. The books can be downloaded in PDF format, as well as other formats, like ePUB, pkg, mobi, pdb, etc., which can be used on your computer, mobile, iPod, Kindle, and many more. Because I have been a fan I thought I would get her book. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! A smile means happy, a frown means sad, (Smile, then frown) Marisa works in the publishing industry to help books find their perfect readers. I have this one in a big book – it has big, colorful pictures! Aside from singing, your life sounds a lot like mine. based on I Like Myself! i had to listen to the second half on audio because i just couldn’t get into it as much as i wanted. My hands say, clap clap clap Honey, butterscotch, cinnamon, chocolate, peaches…..these are just some of the delicious descriptions of our shades of skin color. This is a wonderful deed! Loved the book! I saw the movie, so I was prepared, or so I thought. If you want to preview some of the pages, you can use the “Look Inside” feature on Amazon. We had a great turnout for our first preschool storytime class, which was “I Like ME.”  Going along with the summer theme – One World, Many Stories – we celebrated differences and individuality in today’s storytime, from freckles to feelings to skin color.