1980s Song Lyrics. This song has been popular in the 80s and in every year since. A list of lyrics, artists and songs that contain the term "I Like It Like That" - from the Lyrics.com website. 3. [3] This version also went to No. Soft Cell's cover of Gloria Jones' 1965 bop is a synth-pop explosion, and you can't help but vibe to it, despite its not-so-happy lyrics. But as a true '80s kid, I loved it all—the good, the bad, and the really, really ugly. An underdog yearning, strangers wandering, street lights in the night...whether you’re a romantic or not, you have to admit this song makes you feel some type of way. Tito Nieves' first all-English album is an homage to the boogaloo years and includes bandleader Joe Cuba tunes ("Bang-Bang"), as well as the title tune (written by Tony Pabón and Pete Rodriguez), which made the Pete Rodríguez Orchestra one of the most popular in the 1960s. A true test of one’s dancing skills: Can you or can you not push it? Looking for a instantaneous mood booster? 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1961. No complaints, though! Hip Hop. “Jessie’s Girl” walked ran, so “Stacy’s Mom” could also run. 0:00. Cindy Lauper nailed the hard facts with this bop: Girls just want to have fun!! Paired with the music video, it's peak '80s. Cosmopolitan participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Oh, the songs David Bowie blessed us with. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for I Like It Like That - Tito Nieves on AllMusic - 1997 - Tito Nieves' first all-English album is an homage… There's something about calling yourself a kid that turns you into one while you listen to this song. This one is the catchiest IMO. And that's coming from somebody grew up with it as the soundtrack to his life. It wouldn’t be a best ‘80s hits list without Prince on it. Juvenile. Find 80s tracks, artists, and albums. This is a list of the top 100 songs of the 1980s in the United States, based exclusively on chart performance on the Billboard Hot 100 from 1980-1989. Everybody is looking for something–whether it's their phone, love, etc. It was kept from the No.1 spot by, Tossin' and Turnin' by Bobby Lewis. It's no secret this song wins for the power it has over your feet. If you're trying to remember one of the many movies this song shows up in, it's sung by Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal. Universal Smash Hits, Vol. Also, Whitney Houston and Kygo’s 2019 cover of this song is straight fire. When you think about it, this song is pretty heavy on substance. Plus, this song makes points. This music vid is definitely not body positive, but the song itself is a sexual gem that you can add to your workout playlist. This song is referenced in the Contours song "Do you love me",(1962), with the line: "Do you like it like this". There's a Huge Fenty Beauty Sale Right Now, Princess Beatrice Opened Up About Her Wedding, Your Fine-Hair Probz Are About to Be Solved, These Black-Owned Plant Companies Are a Dream, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. This version also went to No. Words and Lyrics from your favorite 80s songs and albums. Hip Hop. Honestly, who hasn’t imagined themselves as Jessie’s girl in this scenario? Kelly Allen is the editorial assistant for Delish & House Beautiful. Fullscreen. The contrast between the jump-up-and-dance feeling this song inspires and the heavy story it tells is unparalleled. You have to love this track's limited but right-to-the-point lyrics. Fists in the air, everyone! 3. Made at the request of director Spike Lee for his renowned film Do the Right Thing, this song speaks the straight truth with max intensity and pride. ... like it like that she working that back I don't know how to act Slow motion for me, slow motion for me, slow motion for me, move in slow motion for me. It's, like, scientifically proven these songs will instantly put you in a hella good mood. I kid you not! Because I'd believe that. Here, we have a masterpiece in Madonna's discography that belongs in the Lourve (if it was possible to put a song in there). Sorry, I don't make the rules! Both a dance-floor hit and instructions for how to start a fire, this Bruce Springsteen song is timeless.