Neville drives his car into the vampires, crushing them. (2019, May 24). Neville learns Ruth is a spy for a new society of human vampires, and they may execute Neville. "My students can't get enough of your charts and their results have gone through the roof." By day, Robert Neville hunts Ben Cortman. But notice that Matheson parallels the vampires’ mindless destruction with Neville’s: for no logical reason, Neville takes his pistols and fires at his enemies, eventually giving up when he realizes that most of the vampires are impervious to bullets. Copyright © 2016. Sites like SparkNotes with a I Am Legend study guide or cliff notes. A modern alternative to SparkNotes and CliffsNotes, SuperSummary offers high … With a drink in hand a... Neville awakens late in the morning and with a piercing hangover. The vampires are destructive and vindictive—they don’t kill Neville, so they satisfy themselves by destroying his car instead. Teach your students to analyze literature like LitCharts does. First, although most of the vampires aren’t particularly smart (most of them take the bait and run after Neville’s car), some of them, like Cortman, are cunning enough to fool Neville. It has become something of a p... Neville has brought the woman to his home against her will. The last of the night visitors are leaving. 24 May 2019. Finally, he s... Ruth has bathed and exchanged her clothes for Neville's bathrobe, and they are sharing a supper. Upload them to earn free Course Hero access! The generator was quickly and easily repaired, so non... Neville is pursuing research into the properties of garlic that could be the key to repelling vampires. The last victim of the plague dies. Though he has lost his fear of the vampires, these are afraid of him and want him dead. In Course Hero. Richard Matheson writes about a man of exceptional ability and resources in I Am Legend. Foul language, pop-culture references, and a strong liberal bent are all common. Neville is immune and the only surviving human in Los Angeles. Second, Neville seems to be significantly stronger and faster than the vampires—perhaps because Neville is a military veteran, and perhaps because vampires are weaker than humans (a possibility that Matheson confirms later in the book). Neville sees a woman walking in the daylight, chases her down, and learns her name is Ruth. Browse books: Recent| popular| #| a| b| c| d| e| f| g| h| i| j| k| l| m| n| o| p| q| r| s| t| u| v| w| x| y| z|. Small provider of short book summaries. Instant downloads of all 1360 LitChart PDFs Neville's wife, Virginia, dies. From the creators of SparkNotes, something better. "I Am Legend Study Guide." Find summaries for every chapter, including a I Am Legend Chapter Summary Chart to help you understand the book. Neville drives a wooden stake into her heart and buries her again. GoodReads community and editorial reviews can be helpful for getting a wide range of opinions on various aspects of the book. Web. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our. He knows he is im... Neville recalls the day Virginia's heart stopped. Struggling with distance learning? FreeBookNotes found 5 sites with book summaries or analysis of I Am Legend. Have study documents to share about I Am Legend?