A massive shame. Benitez, like Klopp, took Liverpool to two Champions League finals, winning one, and came second in a tight title race. View our online Press Pack. Well, this. Closest he cameHe made two appearances for Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan side that went on to win the Champions League in 2010, but decided to pack up and leave for Manchester City in January. Who was the best ever footballer when playing in their prime? The high regard that the chain-smoking, tracksuit-loving tactician is held in became evident when Juventus decided he was the man to succeed Max Allegri in Turin. [Soccer]? His high placement here comes in large part because of his ever-so-close season at Anfield, which shouldn’t be written off as no more than a Luis Suarez-inspired run. Of course, he was famously denied triumph by Manchester United's Sheringham and Solskjaer and the image most remembered of him that night is of his tearing off of his loser's medal as soon as it was presented to him. Hi which is your favourite men's football team ? And that will hurt him. Fact. why is the U.S. Women's National Team so white? The left-winger wasn't the most memorable member of United's legendary treble-winning side back in 1999 - but was handed a start in the final by Ferguson. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. This list takes a look at seven major European clubs never to have won a European title - be it the Champions League or the Europa League. Sulley Muntari will forever be remembered in England for his one amazing year in the Premier League at Portsmouth under Harry Redknapp. There was a reason the Liverpool fans used to sing that he couldn't control his feet. I like to imagine that he was so sickened by the prospect of scoring a goal virtually identical to his first that he decided to flick it in with the back of his right foot instead. Scant reward for such an exceptional player.Even at the age of 37, he is still their talisman. Keegan is the only manager to have twice finished as a Premier League runner-up without winning the title. And yes, the Italian couldn't replicate the dazzling football his Napoli side played in west London. He led Aston Villa to three consecutive sixth-place finishes, yet the Irishman never quite got the top Premier League job he once richly deserved. The first spell saw him win the FA Cup and lose just once in 22 matches, while the second began with a 22-match unbeaten run in the league. At least he's got a World Cup win under his belt though, I'm sure that's some consolation...Then there were Michael Owen and Fabio Cannavaro, both winners of the Ballon D'or in 2001 and 2006, respectively, fully entitling them to consideration for this list. Lothar Matthaus probably does.John Brewin for ESPN described it fantastically:"With 86 minutes gone, man-of-the-match Matthäus, the cup surely destined to be in his hands after the horror of Vienna 12 years before, departed the field with typical strutting confidence, shaking the hands of his colleagues as he went. Okay, this is a little bit of a cheat to start with as Diego Maradona never actually played in the Champions League. Whilst his third goal was clearly the best, as it was so casual in its audacity, my favourite was probably the second. Closest he cameMade the semi-finals of the 2002/03 Champions League with Real Madrid but came unstuck against a fabulous Juventus side. It is always a bit of a shame when such a fantastic player is invariably remembered for one slightly unfortunate incident.But when you are arguably the greatest footballer on Earth, and you miss the decisive penalty in the first ever penalty shootout in a World Cup Final, the chances are that people are going to remember.Considering his lengthy career at the very top of Italian football, Baggio's lack of silverware is somewhat surprising. Since then he’s taken them all the way to the top, with a spell at Burnley sandwiched in the middle, establishing the Cherries as a Premier League mainstay and playing attractive football to boot. Striker Benni McCarthy scored five times on the way to Porto's incredible 2004 Champions League triumph. He’s also one of just four managers to rack up more than 200 Premier League wins. What do you think of the answers? Taking Fulham to the 2010 UEFA Cup Final thrilled the nation and ultimately landed him the Liverpool job, while his work at West Brom led to him being named England manager. At 32 years of age and showing no sign of slowing down, he still has time. McCarthy also won the Golden Boot in Portugal that year as his side won the domestic title as well - in an unprecedented period of success in the club's history. That is not to say he still isn't in amongst the best ever, but he could have been so much more.His goal scoring record at every single one of his clubs makes for quite outrageous reading, but despite playing for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and AC Milan he was unable to ever win the Champions League. The Dutchman’s touchline antics were far more entertaining than his team and, although he won the FA Cup in his second season, he departed after finishing fifth – leaving United as the only club he’s failed to win a league title with. He first achieved it with Jose Mourinho's Porto in 2004, before featuring 11 times in Chelsea's unbelievable run to glory back in 2012 - even playing 120 minutes in the final. Unfortunately Manchester United were simply outplayed over two legs by an excellent Borussia Dortmund side and deserved to go out. He then made himself a hero during eight years at Celtic, before a brief spell at Livingston brought the curtain down on a successful career. Where can I find a reliable Forum to buy match worn soccer shirts  from all around the globe. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. I still play now I still play in England I still play in premier. The perennial one-club man. Muntari did eventually return to the Premier League for an unmemorable loan spell at Sunderland - before joining Inter's city rivals AC Milan in 2012. That makes him – for now – the best Premier League manager not to win the trophy. But he's never won the Champions League. He featured just three more times in the famous competition the year after before moving to Southampton. The Champions League trophy the German secured was quite a big consolation, while two Bundesliga titles at Dortmund prove that he can already be described as a great manager. Whenever I think of Dennis Bergkamp, I am reminded of the 1998 World Cup.