To be successful, a musical must have memorable music, a moving story, and compelling characters played by believable actors. Simply the best show I have ever seen. 3. Presented as a documentary dramatising the career arc of 1960s rock ‘n’ roll group The Four Seasons, Jersey Boys features well-known hits like “Big Girls Don’t Cry” and “Sherry,” among others. Considered the first jukebox musical, Buddy is the story of Buddy Holly’s rock ‘n’ roll career, including his years in a country & western band, his efforts as a solo artist, and his untimely death at age 22. Matt Schneiderman She said: “Mrs J is just me. I was now looking to book Blood Brothers when I come over in March from Australia, and am gutted to see it has closed. I am so enamored of this show,…. You could be living on she moon. Like the movie, Disney’s The Lion King follows the Hamlet-inspired story of Simba, a young lion who challenges his murderous uncle for the throne of Pride Lands, and features music by Elton John. Its first three-month engagement at Barbican Theatre sold out, and the show has been running continuously in the  West End ever since, making it the longest-running musical in the world after The Fantasticks (off-Broadway). A revised production opened in 1984 at the Leicester Haymarket Theatre and transferred to the Adelphi Theatre in 1985 where it played for eight years before closing. Due to the current pandemic various venues and productions are making announcements for their individual shows. The story the songs the cast and the emotions shown by Natasha Hamilton ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. My all time favorite! If this differs from what we've written on the calendar, please bear with us, as those prices will update soon. It has been seen by over 60 million people in 50 productions in 16 different languages. After nearly seven years of development, their musical opened to sold-out audiences on Broadway, before transferring to Prince Of Wales Theatre in London. Nikki Evans was outstanding, both her singing and acting, and Sean Jones as Mickey was fantastic, brilliantly portraying the path from the innocence of child…. When Mrs Johnstone, a young mother, is deserted by her husband and left to her own devices to provide for seven hungry children she takes a job as a housekeeper in order to make ends meet. The beloved Tim Minchin and Royal Shakespeare Company musical announced its arrival in the West End with a record-breaking (at the time) seven Olivier Award wins in 2012. I really want to thank Willy Russell in person! After a five year absence, Chicago reopened in the West End at the Phoenix Theatre in early 2018 until 5 January 2019. The moving show barely has a dry eye in the house at its final curtain call, and fans’ love for it has touched Lyn over the years. Nikki Evans was outstanding, both her singing and acting, and Sean Jones as Mickey was fantastic, brilliantly portraying the path from the innocence of child hood to the heartbreak that is the end of the . These 20 top London musicals sustained success for years—some for decades—as they entertained both residents and global visitors performance after performance. The Lion King recently overtook Starlight Express to become the 6th longest-running show in the West End. It ran for more than 24 years before finally closing in November 2012. Seen it 3 times and would love to get the chance to go again. Blood Brothers is a musical by Willy Russell, which debuted on London’s West End in 1983. As the brothers grow up in two very different worlds, fate brings them together and their lives continue to cross paths, until superstition catches up with them. A contemporary musical based loosely on the 1844 novella The Corsican Brothers by Alexandre Dumas, the West End production of this musical is one of the longest-running musical productions in history. I saw BLOOD BROTHERS with MARTY PELLOW and Coleen Nolan for my 60th birthday. We’d like to thank everyone who has been patient and kind in dealing with their ticket providers so far and we are sorry that we cannot process your order as quickly as we would like. Originally conceived as a school play, Blood Brothers is a musical about twin brothers who were raised separately but fall in love with the same woman.