How I Spent My Summer Vacation (a.k.a Get the Gringo), 2012. Bauer Media Group consists of: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number: 01176085, Bauer Radio Ltd, Company Number: 1394141, Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer Publishing,Company Number: LP003328, Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT.All registered in England and Wales. How I Spent My Summer Vacation An American getaway driver (Gibson) is arrested on the Mexican side of the border fresh off a heist. Share on Facebook; A youngster helps an American career criminal (Mel Gibson) learn to survive behind the walls of a brutal Mexican prison. Starring Mel Gibson, Kevin Hernandez, Daniel … By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy First time director Adrian Grunberg worked as a 1st and 2nd Unit director on some big films like Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Man on Fire and Traffic, and has chosen a good film to start with. Coming Soon. In the UK, the film was released under its original title of "How I Spent My Summer Vacation." How I Spent My Summer Vacation makes a very good stab at originality, and its engaging cast - and at times rapier script - make for decent viewing. Copyright © Fandango. Usunięty z oferty Netflix Polska: 01.10.2018. |, April 20, 2012 Just confirm how you got your ticket. Not only is it far better than its marketing campaign lets on, but it's genuinely entertaining. A career criminal is sent to a tough Mexican prison where he learns to survive with the help of a young boy. | Rating: 3/5 The film is dark and grimy and the prison scenes feel dirty and dangerous just looking at them, but the tone remains upbeat throughout thanks to the witty and zinging dialogue. Now, having just emphatically restated how deeply unpleasant and messed up he is personally, he has produced, co-written and starred in this lively, non-PC caper-thriller, with touches of Elmore Leonard and Quentin Tarantino; it's the directing debut from Adrian Grunberg, first assistant director on Apocalypto. Mel is a modern-day Man With No Name playing all ends against the middle in a Mexican prison so loose with the rules it’s essentially a high-walled Wild West town run by the banditos. | Rating: 3.5/5 The mix of all the components works very well. Gibson has a charisma which is sorely missing from most leading males today; the twinkle in his eye when he delivers those killer lines added with a seemingly natural vulnerability which gave films such as Ransom, Maverick, Conspiracy Theory and Signs their life and made them endlessly rewatchable. Sat 12 May 2012 19.03 EDT The near incomprehensible plot involving his dealing with crooked cops and businessman on both sides of the Rio Grande is of little interest except as an excuse for fights, chases and the anti-hero's redemption. If he hadn't poisoned his reputation so utterly, this film might have put him back on top. You're almost there! |, May 10, 2012 Like Clint Eastwood’s cheroot-chewing anti-hero, Driver is a morally shady gringo (and yes, he smokes) with a soft spot for a mother and son in trouble. |, January 8, 2019 And the merits are numerous. His latest film should be reviewed on its merits alone. Gibson is now out of favour in Hollywood because of some very public issues, but this review is not reviewing the man or his demons. A superior genre effort, even if its chances of setting the box office on fire are less than zero. The twinkly blues, the mischievous grins, the ability to leaven brutal action with a light touch, to make psychos fuzzy and lovable? are registered trademarks / copyright their respective rights holders. Cinemark The plot: predictable. Gibson plays a bankrobber and grifter who crosses into Mexico in a getaway car containing millions of dollars; he is arrested by a couple of crooked Federales who waltz off with his loot, having arranged for him to be slung without trial into a chaotically squalid jail. Ta strona korzysta z ciasteczek (cookies) aby optymalnie wyświetlać treści. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. |, October 2, 2012 Flickering Myth Rating – Film: ★ ★ ★ / Movie: ★ ★ ★ ★. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, The Most Obscure and Underrated Slashers of the 1980s, The Witches to receive PVOD release in the UK this month for £15.99, 2020 BFI London Film Festival Review – The Human Voice, The tragic story behind the death of Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow, 18 Horror Movies From the Past Decade That You Might Have Missed, Now You See Me director discusses how he would approach the third instalment, October Horrors 2020 – From Beyond (1986), The Gruesome Brilliance of 1980s Italian Horror. A Perfectly Normal Family (En helt almindelig familie), Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More, Is this a prison or the world's shittiest mall. After the oppressively dour Edge Of Darkness and frankly nutso The Beaver, it’s quite fun to have a sparky, Riggs-ish Mel Gibson back in our cinemas. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. [to surgeon holding the liver] Put it back. Personally, I’m bored of comic book or ‘young adult’ novels taking the box office by storm, each of them led by one-dimensional actors or A-listers under a mask or as a CGI creation. S'okay, but nothing to write about on Rotten Tomatoes about. | Rating: 3.5/5 On je s torbom punom dolara uhvaćen u Meksiku i strpan u meksički zatvor, gde uči kako da preživi uz pomoć devetogodišnjeg dečaka. |, November 25, 2013 Although, with a plotline involving forced organ transplants, this was hardly going to be a knockabout comedy. A man who completes compiling a dossier on a mysterious billionaire begins to get the feeling that he is becoming the victim of a conspiracy. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Their relationship feels real and there is something at stake in the film which keeps its pulse pounding from the very first scene. Thu 10 May 2012 22.37 BST It is low budget, low key, but has a major star carrying every scene. | Rotten (10). It certainly deserved a theatrical run... El Pueblito is arguably the star of the show, its seedy backstreets and market stalls beautifully constructed and skilfully shot. Honestly, this film was a surprise. Known as "How I spent my summer Vacation" in the UK?! Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. No one else could have been Martin Riggs in the Lethal Weapon series – he took Shane Black’s screenplay and brought the character to life so perfectly that Riggs will always be remembered as one of the all-time great movie cops. Starring Mel Gibson, Peter Stormare, Dean Norris, Bob Gunton When clinching evidence emerged six years ago that he was a loathsome bigot, Gibson released his Mayan jungle nightmare Apocalypto and it turned out to be really good. And he’s always a step ahead of everyone else; anything they can do, he can, and will, do better. I miss the days of seeing the latest Mel Gibson film because, simply, it’s the latest Mel Gibson film. All rights reserved. How I Spent My Summer Vacation (a.k.a Get the Gringo), 2012. Mel Gibson has a disconcerting habit of releasing good films just when his reputation as a human being is lower than low. ... Thu 10 May 2012 17.37 EDT First published on Thu 10 May 2012 17.37 EDT. A strange and quirky film set in a Mexican prison, which feels more like a mini city for of bad guys. But that is the prison Gibson has made for himself. Known as "How I spent my summer Vacation" in the UK?! Energetic and hard-hitting, Get the Gringo plays squarely to its lead actor's strengths as a skilled portrayer of men put through physical and emotional hell. Directed by Adrian Grunberg. R (Sexual Material|Pervasive Language|Some Drug Use|Strong Bloody Violence), action, All action scenes are conducted quite impressively, with a wild shootout inside the confines of El Pueblito ranking as the absolute standout. The other nine cities screened the film and r… It’s not quite up to the quality of Payback but for 2012, it’s the next best thing. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. How I Spent My Summer Vacation deserves to be added to his long list of career highs. It is a fun, mean, and often-times hilarious piece of crime cinema. If you don’t, How I Spent My Summer Vacation might just help. The dazzling re-creation of this prison and the way Gibson's man-without-a-name manipulates it makes this variant on the spaghetti western appealing. 710067). Sokurov's study on the corrupting effects of power, which won the Golden Lion at Venice, is a ponderous affair, writes Philip French, Jay and Mark Duplass shift up a gear with this dark, funny slacker comedy, writes Philip French, Tim Burton's new vampire drama is visually arresting but rather ordinary, writes Philip French, Available for everyone, funded by readers, A classic 1960s working-class drama translates beautifully into a comedy of contemporary British Asian family life, writes.