Trust also in me.

Hell is as eternal as heaven. People question whether this hell is an eternal abode.

This concept of God's heavenly habitation is summed up in the following passages: ".

. California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information, “Shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might” (, “‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’” (, “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” (.

Also, the Bible describes hell as lashing or scorpions or darkness where there's great gnashing of teeth. On that same occasion, Solomon besought God for Israel: "When they shall pray towards this place . and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:9,10). This unquenchable fire is also referenced in Mark 9:43 and Mark 9:48. The last Old Testament passage quoted in connection with the destiny of the wicked (Isaiah 26:1 4) spoke of their death as eternal: "They shall not rise." He opened the Bible and read, with a feeble voice, "Look unto me, and be ye saved all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and beside me there is none else." Here are the chief examples of passages which might seem to teach a view contradicting what we have put forward so far: "The Kingdom of Heaven" then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest forgive" (1 Kings 8:30,39,43). His challenge to some who doubted this doctrine was: "Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But at some point, God says, okay, I'll give you what you want. “And there’s a sense in which hell is people getting exactly what they want.” In that, if a person rejects God all throughout life, never submitting to him in repentance, then the person will enter eternity after death without God. . It could with equal validity be placed after the word "today", thus changing the emphasis and sense of the words: "Verily I say unto thee today, thou shalt be with me in paradise." Heaven is God's abiding place. Revelation 20:14 says, “Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. We have selected the words from Mark 9 (parallel to Matthew 18:8,9) because this is undoubtedly the most explicit and comprehensive example of the Lord's teaching about Gehenna: "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (verses 43,44, see also 45-49). . In the Old Testament, the King James Version translates שְׁאוֹל as hell, but this is more appropriately translated by most other versions as Sheol, meaning underworld or “place to which people descend at death” (Strong’s 7585). King Hezekiah, a faithful servant of God, wrote: "For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee . . In another chapter, Daniel writes: "The heavens do rule" (4:26). What Is Hell? . The assurance that Jesus gave him was, "Verily I say unto thee today thou shalt be with me in paradise" (verse 43).

They have read the Bible themselves (as we hope the readers of this booklet will do) and concluded that, although 'heaven' and 'hell' are mentioned many times, they are not the eternal abiding places where people hope (or fear) to go to at death.

This rescue is not forced but received by grace through faith.

... //christianbookshelf.org/singh/at the masters feet/, Heaven is Called: The Kingdom of Christ and of God, Heaven: Christ: As Mediator, Entered Into, Heaven: Enoch and Elijah Were Translated Into, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: A Heavenly Country, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: A Rest, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: Called a Garner, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: Paradise, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: The Father's House, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: The Kingdom of Christ and of God, Heaven: The Future Dwelling Place of the Righteous: The Wicked Excluded From, Heaven: Unclassified Scriptures Relating To, Of the Ways, and of vices and virtues; and of the Rewards of, Eternity in Heaven ' Article Index | GotQuestions.org, Are books such as 90 Minutes in Heaven, Heaven is for Real, and 23 Minutes in Hell biblically sound?

The salvation that God offers necessitated Jesus' resurrection from the dead; and this has made it possible for all faithful men to be raised from the dead as he was. What will happen to our present home, planet earth? The Bible account of the creation of man defines the 'soul' quite clearly: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7). So far as the wicked are concerned, we have already established that they cannot possibly exist after death, suffering eternal torment and misery. The judgements of God are certain and inexorable. Matthew 13 contains a number of parables that Jesus used to illustrate his message. It was a valley on the edge of the (then) city of Jerusalem and from the earliest times it was a place of ill repute - associated with idolatrous worship and abhorred by the Jews because of horrific practices associated with false worship: see, for example, Jeremiah 7:31-33. Can Loved Ones Communicate with Us After They’ve Passed? Here we have one of the most remarkable examples in the Bible of faith. Resurrection Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish" (Psalm 49:19,20). The Bible clearly teaches that the dead will be raised in a resurrection. . One of the points he is making is that God's standards are different from man's and may be the complete opposite of human assessments. . www.simplybible.com Copyright © Ron Graham 2016, "the sky will be rolled up like a scroll", "everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels", "everlasting chains... eternal fire... darkness forever", "everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord", "God is not willing that anyone should perish, but that everyone should come to repentance", "go to hell into the fire that shall never be quenched". When Solomon built his temple - a house for God to dwell in - he too recognised this truth: "Behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded" (1 Kings 8:27). ... //christianbookshelf.org/kingsley/daily thoughts /heaven and hell may 15.htm, The Disciple, -- Master, what are Heaven and Hell... ... VI. However this is not in line with the other passages quoted above. But the triumphant conclusion of the apostle is: "In fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

. | List He then offered two reasons why hell is eternal. SECTION I The Disciple, -- Master, what are heaven and hell? Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, To day shall you be with me in paradise. What is the location of heaven? Transcribed from the video above by Bryan Chapell: Hell is total, conscious, eternal separation from the blessings of God. HEAVEN AND HELL. May 15.

But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ" (verses 20-23, R.S.V.). ... /.../watts/divine songs for children/song 11 heaven and hell.htm, Whether Souls are Conveyed to Heaven or Hell Immediately after ... ... QQ -86)OF MATTERS CONCERNING THE RESURRECTION, AND FIRST OF THE PLACE WHERE SOULS ARE Whether souls are conveyed to heaven or hell immediately after death? Hell is a What are these ideas? There is some uncertainty as to the precise reference to "the angels that sinned": some have seen in these words a references to Korah, Dathan and Abiram, who, when they spoke against Moses and rebelled against God, suffered a unique punishment when 'the ground clave asunder . | Bible Topics In this lesson we take an overview, looking at six amazing things we will enjoy in heaven. there is no knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave" (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10). There is a place of "everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" and Jesus warns that those who have not followed his word will go there with them —instead of going to the eternal kingdom of heaven with him (Matthew 25:31-46, especially v41).

with difficulty) enter into the kingdom of heaven . In the early chapters of Genesis, we read not only of the creation of man but also of his 'fall' - of the entrance of sin and death into the world.

“The New Testament use of Hades builds on its Hebrew parallel, Sheol, which was the preferred translation in the Septuagint,” according to Baker’s Evangelical Dictionary. . ... /...//christianbookshelf.org/singh/at the masters feet/section i the disciple 6.htm, Whether the Souls who are in Heaven or Hell are Able to Go from ... ... QQ -86)OF MATTERS CONCERNING THE RESURRECTION, AND FIRST OF THE PLACE WHERE SOULS ARE Whether the souls who are in heaven or hell are able to go from thence? It may seem self-evident to say it, but before he was brought into being by the creative power of God, Adam did not exist. The eternal Father dwells in heaven and that's where Jesus said he would make our abode. Happily neither of these ideas is involved in a true understanding of the passage. The use of this word can in no way confuse the clear teaching of Scripture as already stated.

"Like sheep they are laid in the grave (sheol); death shall feed on them . Could it be that popular beliefs don't agree with the Bible? All rights reserved.