He earned a sixth year of eligibility for the 2020 season. "He’s in the right place at the right time. Rural Midwest hospitals struggling to handle virus surge: ‘I don’t see the end in sight’, New coronavirus restrictions go into effect in Europe to slow resurgence of pandemic. As Harris has gotten comfortable in the UCF offense, his opportunities have grown. They helped teach him the intangibles necessary to succeed at the receiver position. At 6-foot-5, Harris is one of the tallest receivers on the Knights' roster along with freshman Stephen Martin (6-5). I thought he grew throughout the course of the year, but he’s really taken his game to another level.”. “I’m catching on the jugs [machine] every day before and after practice as well as the tennis-ball machine during practice,” said Harris, who has 10 catches for 120 yards with touchdowns during each of the past two games. Below, you can find my rankings for every position to help make your lineup decisions a little bit easier. Information about this week stars and sleepers in a podcast form. UCF redshirt senior safety Richie Grant is grateful for the chance to play with his brothers after an offseason of uncertainty. Dan Harris is the Editor-in-Chief of FantasyPros. Harris’ size has made him an attractive target in the offense, particularly with an injury sidelining Nixon the past two games. If you listen to the FantasyPros Football Podcast, you’ll hear much of the reasoning behind my rankings decisions. All rights reserved. Email Matt Murschel at mmurschel@orlandosentinel.com. HarrisFootball.com's 2020 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver rankings from Christopher Harris. Christopher Harris is an eight-year veteran of ESPN who launched his own fantasy football podcast in 2015. He earned a scholarship while primarily playing on the special-teams unit for the Knights in 2018 before earning a bigger role as a receiver in 2019. UCF safety Richie Grant pushes to make most of final season, “He’s comfortable playing outside and playing inside. UCF cornerback Zamari Maxwell is embracing the role of big brother in the Knights' secondary, offering advice and answering questions from young players Corey Thornton, Justin Hodges and Davunte Brown. After briefly flirting with a soccer career at Florida Gulf Coast, he focused on playing football — first at Western Kentucky and then at UCF. So, make sure to check back early Sunday morning for your start/sit decisions. Harris credits another training aid for his improved hand-eye coordination. His mentality is the best-of-the-best and he’s the guy that would come in every day with that same mentality, that same work ethic. “Gabe especially. Najee Harris just passed Dennis Riddle for 10th in school history in career rushing yards, beginning what should be a rapid climb up Alabama’s record book. UCF Football Now: Is Saturday’s game at Memphis a must-win? Williams, a senior, is the UCF leader in receptions (32) and receiving yards (388) and is tied with three other players with two receiving touchdowns. UCF cornerback Zamari Maxwell happy to mentor young defensive backs, “The mentality to keep pushing,” Harris said when asked what he learned. [It’s] what I’ve been trying to do. “Young and inexperienced our first year here. For more from Dan, check out his archive or follow him on Twitter @danharris80. Week 6 Bold Predictions (2020 Fantasy Football), Monkey Knife Fight Advice: Week 6 (2020 Fantasy Football), OwnersBox Week 6 NFL Values (2020 Fantasy Football), Weekend Waiver Wire Stashes (Week 6 Fantasy Football), FanDuel NFL Cash Game Lineup Advice: Week 6 (2020 Fantasy Football), No, I'm a California resident looking for the California Consumer Privacy Act form. Fewer than 1,000 yards separate Harris from Derrick Henry’s career rushing record of 3,591 yards. “Just seeing him being able to make plays from last year and making bigger plays this year is pretty cool.”. After his 16-yard touchdown run to give UA the lead in the fourth quarter, Harris is now 141 yards away from Johnny Musso in ninth. “I talked to him about how proud I am of him and how much he’s grown as a player year-to-year,” UCF coach Josh Heupel. "Even when I used to talk to Tre about what Jacob used to do, we would joke about Jacob was pretty raw and new to football. He’s spent a ton of time working on his hands. This article first appeared on OrlandoSentinel.com. The Harris Football Podcast has been honored with several awards, including Best Fantasy Podcast by the Fantasy Sports Writers Association. Fewer than 1,000 yards separate Harris from Derrick Henry’s career rushing record of 3,591 yards. “We have two pairs of goggles," Harris said. He has five of the top seven offensive plays this season, including a season-long 64-yard touchdown catch against East Carolina. Robinson, who sat out last season after transferring from Oklahoma, has 18 catches for 366 yards and two touchdowns. The rankings below will update automatically every time I make a change. Disclosures. He knows our schemes," Heupel said of Harris. Harris didn’t start playing football until his senior year of high school at Palm Harbor University and has worked his way into becoming a threat on the gridiron. As I have mentioned, I spend much of Saturday night updating my projections which are the basis for my rankings, trying to make sure I incorporate every piece of available data. After his … "[Receivers] Coach [Darrell] Wyatt got us these goggles that block our peripheral and force us to focus and narrow our focus. Receivers Marlon Williams and Jaylon Robinson were among five players added to the Biletnikoff Award preseason watch list Wednesday. And in the training room, we’ve got these goggles that are electronic, and they flicker so it messes with your vision. If you listen to the FantasyPros Football Podcast, you’ll hear much of the reasoning behind my rankings decisions. So one eye is flickering while the other is not. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. His teammates have noticed the development as well. The Knights have targeted Harris 19 times this season, including a season-high 10 times against East Carolina. If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Football Tools as you navigate your season. Harris didn’t start playing football until his senior year of high school at Palm Harbor University and has worked his way into becoming a threat on the gridiron. Damien Harris (eighth) and Bobby Humphrey (third) are separated by just 350 yards, meaning Harris is poised to move up several spots in short order. He was a dominate special-teams player. Are you looking to contact Customer Support about a subscription or account related question? We wear those before practice and work on ball drills. “I got to see Jacob in his first year really playing the receiver position and from that, I’ve seen him grow tremendously,” UCF quarterback Dillon Gabriel said. You can see that in his consistency catching the football here in the early part of the season.”. Najee Harris just passed Dennis Riddle for 10th in school history in career rushing yards, beginning what should be a rapid climb up Alabama’s record book. Here is Alabama’s list of career rushing leaders, updated as of Harris passing Riddle. Great traits for a soccer player, even better ones for a wide receiver. The Biletnikoff Award is given to the top college football receiver in the country. Fantasy Football Advice, News, Strategies, Rankings & More! He had 19 catches for 448 yards with a touchdown last season, spending time at the slot position while collaborating with veteran receivers Gabriel Davis and Tre Nixon. “I feel the tennis-ball machine has helped with hand-eye coordination.”. He left school early to enter the NFL draft and was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the fourth round. When Jacob Harris arrived at UCF, he was a raw talent with good size and deceptive speed. Davis' relentless attention to detail and the countless hours spent working on his craft led to a record-setting season in 2019 with 1,241 yards and 12 touchdowns. SUV possibly belonging to missing Belle Isle woman found in Orlando retention pond, police say, Low pressure system has 90% chance of becoming Tropical Storm Epsilon, hurricane center says, Florida’s constitutional amendments: When to vote yes, when to say no | Commentary, UCF QB McKenzie Milton, mom post positive recovery updates, Central Florida 2020 Voters Guide: Your guide to your ballot, Why I’m voting ‘No’ on Florida Supreme Court Justice Carlos Muñiz | Commentary, Search for missing Belle Isle woman presses on 3 weeks after disappearance, Gators football game against Missouri postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak, Vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris to visit Orlando on Monday, Orange Circuit Judge Alan Apte accused of molestation, governor’s order says, Clermont’s Citrus Tower proves a timeless Florida monument, Here are our endorsements for the 2020 general election, and how we did them | Editorial, Bucs' Tom Brady, Packers' Aaron Rodgers ready to face off again, Woman who gave birth in jail cell: 'They just wanted to see how much pain I could endure’, Hurricane Center says odds higher Atlantic system could form into Tropical Storm Epsilon, Live updates: UCF 49, Memphis 44 - 4th quarter, UCF expects Memphis to try everything to end skid against Knights. It forces you to focus on dialing in with your vision.”. © 2020 www.tidesports.com. Harris said sometimes it is startling how much he has evolved from the Florida Gulf Coast soccer player to become a UCF receiving threat. Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | SoundCloud | iHeartRadio. Follow us on Twitter @FantasyPros for exclusive advice and contests, © Copyright 2010-2020 FantasyPros.com No matter what I’m feeling.”. Reach Brett Hudson at 205-722-0196 or bhudson@tuscaloosanews.com or via Twitter, @Brett_Hudson. Harris has used a similar blueprint for his preparation this season. From our Start/Sit Assistant – which provides your optimal lineup, based on accurate consensus projections – to our Waiver Wire Assistant – that allows you to quickly see which available players will improve your team, and by how much – we’ve got you covered this fantasy football season. With bye weeks in full swing and COVID-19 concerns again potentially threatening some games, fantasy managers will need to make plenty of hard choices in setting their lineups in Week 6.