They started calling him Hardy as they found it difficult to pronounce his name Hardevinder Singh Sandhu. I was a fast bowler, and the injury was on my right arm. Hardavinder Singh Sandhu: Nickname: Hardy: Profession: Singer, Actor: Physical Stats & More: Height (approx.) In January 2015, Sandhu became the first player with an Indian descent to play for Australia in ODIs. He was in lead role in an another movie named ‘Mahi NRI’. He revealed some unknown facts like sharing the dressing room with Indian Cricket Star and the injury which ended his career as a cricketer. As a right-arm fast-medium bowler, he made his first class debut against Hyderabad and went on to play the subsequent matches against Uttar Pradesh and Baroda. The singer earlier tried his hand in cricket as a career option before becoming a singer. “I then decided to go to Australia to see good doctors and physiotherapists. Asked if he regrets after failing to fulfill his dream, the singer said, "Sometimes I do regret not being able to play for India because I feel, mere coaches ko bhi yahi lagta hai ki main khel sakta tha India ke liye. These abstract facts are about Gurinder Sandhu. Jab taxi mein koi nahi hota tha, tab gaata rehta tha. Harrdy Sandhu in an Instagram selfie as seen in December 2017 (Harrdy Sandhu / Instagram) Best Known For. During that time, IPL had started and all those who were junior to me, unka bhi selection ho gaya. – Chest: 38 inches – … Although Hardy Sandhu is very good at dance, it took him one month to learn the dance steps for his song “Naah.” Hardevinder Singh Sandhu was nicknamed, Hardy, by his co-players who used to play cricket with him. During Celebrity Cricket League season 6 Hardy Sandhu displayed his batting power while playing for Punjab de Sher, where he scored a half-century against Bengal Tigers. HARDY SANDHU, a cricketer turned Punjabi Rapper, came to limelight with his very first album “Ashiqui Te Loan” and particularly the title song got an over whelming response from the young generation. Sandhu’s dream of playing for India came crashing down after suffering an elbow injury. The popularity of his single, Soch, which was a monumental hit and became a cult hit all over the world. ALSO READ | IPL 2020: LeBron James-inspired Manoj Tiwary boldly claims to play cricket till 2029 Manoj Tiwary IPL stint post share a dressing room with Hardy Sandhu. Copyright © All rights reserved by Cricketstorm Network (OPC) PVT LTD, How Hardy Sandhu the cricketer became Hardy Sidhu the singer, How many of you will believe if I say, “Hardy Sandhu, the star singer, has represented India in U-19 cricket.”, about his journey in the life. The song was re-recorded by Arijit Singh for Akshay Kumar’s movie, Airlift. His father is Jasvinder Singh Sandhu. But in 2006, I had an elbow injury. I was there for 11 months and in that period, I met a lot of doctors, par kuch hua nahi. Send me your number in inbox. I tried to get treatment here, but kuch hua nahi [nothing happened],” quoted Hardy Sandhu. Turns out, before Hardy Sandhu was setting the Punjabi music industry on fire, the singer was an aspiring cricketer who used to play for the junior Indian team. How many of you will believe if I say, “Hardy Sandhu, the star singer, has represented India in U-19 cricket.” Not many are aware of the fact that the singer-turned-actor has played alongside a number of star Indian players including Shikhar Dhawan, Ishant Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara and Robin Uthappa.