Financial analysis of Graduation Day (1981) including budget, domestic and international box office gross, DVD and Blu-ray sales reports, total earnings and profitability. and distributed Columbia Pictures in the heart of the Slasher boom. It's more idiosyncratic than most of its contemporaries, and much funnier on purpose than many of those are by accident. Quite stylised editing for '81 but it's often jarring and tries to be more unsettling than it actually is. The next morning, parents continue to call Principal Gugilone about their missing children. Ralph withers on the ground for a minute before he dies as the killer again has his stopwatch and stops it at 30 seconds. [1] It earned $512,884 between May 8–10 in eighty-three theaters, and $319,538 in seventy-four theaters during May 15–17. Kevin claims that he and Laura were going to be married after graduation and have a future together, but all of that changed in 30 seconds during her run down the track which led to her death. Sally points out to her friends about her encounter with Anne earlier and states: "Boy, that girl is weird!". A masked killer begins murdering students on the school track team after a track runner dies upon completion of a 30 second 200-meter race. A psycho killer starts hunting them down one by one. Sally, now unfocused, is unable to perform her uneven bar routine for a school photographer and is harshly reprimanded by Coach Michaels. Allright, who ever said that final exam had any direction, is a damn idiot. More details at This features some of the stabbiest stabs, a fun backdrop, and genuinely engaging characters throughout. Film data from TMDb. Click here to login or here to sign up. Two months later, on the day before graduation day, Anne Ramstead, a U.S. Navy officer and Laura's older sister, returns to her hometown in order to take part in the high school graduation ceremony in honor of her sister. [1] Its release was expanded to fifteen additional cities in the United States, beginning on May 22 until August 14,[1] and finished with $23.9 million during its theatrical course. He is then visited by Inspector Halliday (Carmen Argenziano) and Guglione explains that their absence is no cause for concern. If I could have an awards show for slasher films, I'd probably give this a few style nods, because between the music, the editing, the BEAUTIFUL accessories and jewelery worn by the actresses - I found Graduation Day…, Fuck "rosebud," my favorite last words from a character in film are: "the world's my toilet. Title: Tony and Dolores head away from the party into the woods for make out and when Tony goes off to answer the call of nature, he is decapitated by the fencing masked killer with a pair of garden shears. A group of teenagers spend the night in a furniture store for a graduation party.