4.- En la noche habré terminado la tarea. 4.- En la noche ___________________ (terminar) la tarea. Unlimited one-on-one classes for a flat rate. To conjugate in this form, we use the verb Ir (to go), the preposition “a” + the action verb in its infinitive form: When conjugated in the present progressive tense, the structure looks like this: The verb IR (to go) tells us that an action is about to take place, or will take place in the near future. Native speakers tend to prefer this combination instead of simple future tense we covered. This may sound strange, but we have some good reasons for preferring the “Voy A Hack”: Related: We wrote a separate post on the Voy A Hack here. Guaranteed. Though it isn’t as common as the two tenses we already explained, it’s important to understand how it works so that you can recognize when it’s being used. Va a llevar una media hora. If you want to be more precise, in both tenses, you can add words such as mañana, la semana que viene, en unas horas, etc, to indicate that it will happen at a specific point in time. The simple future is often used to talk about things that may be or are probably true. Remember that Spanish has no direct equivalent of the word, Verbs with irregular stems in the future tense, The definite article: el, la, los and las, The indefinite article: un, una, unos and unas, Comparatives and superlatives of adjectives. Terms   Privacy, Terms for our incredible guarantee can be read here. It’s normal for beginners learning Spanish to struggle with understanding complex grammar, especially when it comes to tenses that don’t even exist in English. We will have gone out to the airport by tomorrow morning. Anita is probably at the beach right now. 5.- ¿_________ (bailar) conmigo? In Spanish, it's very common for the present tense to be used to talk about future events that are certain. Check out the future conjugations of three common verbs: viajar, conocer, and escribir. I will buy my favorite band’s album. The simple future is often used to make predictions about the future. For regular verbs, all you need to do is hook the ending onto the infinitive form of the verb. Remember, the worst case scenario is you get a few free classes, don’t like it, and end up with an extra $20 in the bank. Once you know the IR conjugation, speaking in the future tense will easily become second nature to you. ). It could be in a few seconds, minutes or hours. My parents are going to visit me tomorrow. Related: We wrote a simple guide to understanding the Present Perfect here which you can read here. They’re going to sing tonight at the karaoke. In English we can form the future tense by putting. Have conversations faster, understand people when they speak fast, and other tested tips to learn faster. Next year I’m going to Spain. The Spanish simple future is used to talk about what will or shall happen. The second way to speak about the future in Spanish is the same structure that we (Engish speakers) use on a daily basis. They’re going to guide us through the park. 1.- Mañana ya habremos salido al aeropuerto. Check out the examples below. Will he have prepared himself for the test? Or to indicate an action that we guess could have happened, but it’s not certain that it actually did happen. The conjugation for simple future is relatively easy to remember, as the endings for AR, IR & ER verbs are all the same. Please go to web.baselang.com to log back in and re-subscribe. 2.- ¿Cuándo ___________ (entender) el español? In English we often use going to with an infinitive to talk about the immediate future or our future plans. In Spanish, you can use the present tense of ir followed by a and an infinitive. Habré terminado la asignación el próximo mes – I will have finished the assignment by next month. 2.- Tu padre _____________________ (reparar) la motocicleta cuando regreses. SpanishDict is the world's most popular Spanish-English dictionary, translation, and learning website. A very cold winter will come next year. (Literally, Travel I must.). 3.- Yo compraré el álbum de mi banda favorita. He’ll be here soon; I’ll give you a call; What will you do? The following table shows the future tense of three regular verbs: The future tense of reflexive verbs is formed in just the same way as for ordinary verbs, except that you have to remember to give the reflexive pronoun (. 5.- ¿Bailarás conmigo? If I have time, I'll go running this afternoon. The first thing you will notice is that the above examples mean the same thing (more or less), meaning in most cases you interchange all three forms of the future tense without ever sounding completely wrong. Finally, you can use this tense to ask questions about future plans. Check out these sentences with the simple future. You can also use this tense to describe an intention or assumption related to the future, in addition to a promise or a declaration of certainty that an action will be completed. We’re going to call the police. We previously mentioned that there is a third future tense in Spanish. Hear an audio pronunciation. In sentences like this, the verb immediately after si is in the present tense, while the verb in the other part of the sentence is in the simple future. 3.- ¿Se ___________________ (preparar) para el examen? You already have a BaseLang account. a specially designed box or safe in which valuables are locked for safety, Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. We had problems creating your account. Join the course now, before we come to our senses and charge for it! This blog is presented by BaseLang: Unlimited Spanish Tutoring for $149 a Month. All rights reserved. Learn more here. María no está en la oficina, habrá salido más temprano – María is not in the office, she must have left earlier. Used in real sentences, it looks like this: As always, there are irregular verbs that you must treat differently. Here are some of the most commonly used irregular verbs in the future tense: You will notice that with the exception of the nosotros form, each conjugation has an accent on the last syllable of the word, which makes it easy to distinguish from other tenses. Quick Answer. Zero to advanced. Giving solemn commands is another way to use the simple future, although not a very common one. Check out this article on irregular simple future forms! This future perfect (futuro perfecto o compuesto) tense is very similar to its English counterpart. Voy a comer pizza esta noche – I’m going to eat pizza tonight, Voy a visitar España el próximo año – I’m going to visit Spain next year. Voy a Hack)? As mentioned before, BaseLang students first learn the “Ir a + infinitive verb” form, due to its simplicity and the fact that it is more commonly used  – compared to the simple future tense which is similar, but normally refers to an action in the long-term. 2.- Te __________ comprar un regalo. When combined with the action verb in its infinitive form, it will look like this: How do you decide when to use simple future, or the Ir a + infinitive verb conjugation (ie. Fortunately, future tense Spanish is easy to understand with three tenses that are the exact same as their English counterparts. Similarly, we can use both tenses to talk about a future action that is uncertain, as long as the sentence includes a phrase that expresses uncertainty before the tense (e.g. In Spanish, just as in English, you can often use the present tense to refer to something that is going to happen in the future. Are you going to wait for me? For example, Viajar he. After that, it’s just $149/mo for unlimited one-on-one tutoring. Simple Future (I will visit my grandparents) Ir a + Infinitive Verb (I’m going to visit my grandparents) Future Perfect (I will have visited my grandparents) To form the simple future tense, simply add the correct ending to the infinitive of the verb. Please contact support. 1.- Mañana ____________ (ver) películas. Zero to conversational in a month. All verb conjugations (-ar, -er, and -ir) have the same endings in the simple future tense. Will you dance with me? The first tense is Simple Future (Futuro simple), which is used to describe actions that will happen in the future, without indicating a specific point in time. When an action is certain, we can use both of them to indicate it: The subtle difference is that when a specific time frame isn’t mentioned, we can assume that the “Ir a + infinitive verb” form is referring to some time in the near future. Va a perder el tren. We will watch movies tomorrow. In Spanish there is no direct equivalent of the word, To form the future tense, add the endings. When will I understand Spanish? There are two ways to form the future tense in Spanish: the informal future (ir + a + infinitive) and the simple future (el futuro simple). Further in the future, use the future tense. At BaseLang we actually encourage beginner students to skip learning the simple future tense (what we just covered) until they reach a more advanced stage. Also, to round out your knowledge of the Spanish future tense, take a look at our article on the informal future in Spanish! 4.- El año que viene ________ (venir) un invierno muy frío.