May good health and happiness be closer than you think. Rick and Steve get on well. Sending you all my love and prayers. See Google Translate's machine translation of 'get on well'. Become a WordReference Supporter to view the site ad-free. Sometimes others can say what you’re thinking better than you can. Feel better soon! It doesn’t matter whether the person is a friend, colleague or relative. Post the Definition of well-meaning to Facebook, Share the Definition of well-meaning on Twitter, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. Miss seeing you around here. leave. Try including a get well quote in you card. Now, the singer-songwriter is opening up further about the importance of "Get Well Soon." Get-well definition, conveying wishes for one's recovery, as from an illness: a get-well card. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. Help WordReference: Ask in the forums yourself. Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. May you have many days of laughter and joy in the near future. Not even a [insert injury or illness]! Think of this as an opportunity to catch up on [insert their favorite tv show]! Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. This simple token of your appreciation for them will have them feeling better in no time! The greatest healing tool is friendship. I hope these flowers bring a smile to your face and speed up your recovery. “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? Try using one of these phrases or combining a few together for a more personalized get well message. This is the British English definition of get on.View American English definition of get on. Describe 2020 In Just One Word? Why Do “Left” And “Right” Mean Liberal And Conservative? Verb 1. get well - improve in health; "He got well fast" bounce back, get over ameliorate, improve, meliorate, better - get better; "The weather improved... Get well - definition of get well … Sometimes short and sweet is the way to go! Delivered to your inbox! I hope you recover soon so you can fill my world with light again. I pray every inch of your body feels better soon! Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Your family has been there to take care of you when you’ve been sick so be sure to let them know that you are there for them. Change your default dictionary to American English. I hope your recovery is as easy as A-B-C! Another word for get well. What you write in your get well card will depend on how well you know the person. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! This is the British English definition of get on.View American English definition of get on.. Change your default dictionary to American English. Well-meaning definition is - having good intentions. I look forward to your fast recovery so we can spend more time together! Our house isn’t the same without you here — get better soon so you can come home! They're always arguing, Does he get on well / Is he getting on well, Drinking tea with cakes get on well with each other, How well you get along with people.... have more impact on...(is it a subject clause? Get well soon! move on. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. I miss your face! My whole family sends their well-wishes for your quick recovery! Just take it one day at a time and before you know it you’ll be good as new! Get well so soon and return home to decorate your life with rainbow … It can be difficult to find the right words to say when it comes to get well soon cards. Let me know if I can come over and keep you company! get on well v expr. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? Report an error or suggest an improvement. You are in my thoughts and prayers through this time of trials. If you don’t get better soon, I might have to take over your bedroom. Read through our general tips on what to write in a get well card and then browse some suggested classic get well wishes, get well wishes for family and friends and get well quotes.