[39], De Randamie was born in Utrecht to a Surinamese father and a Dutch mother. [36], De Randamie faced Julianna Peña on October 4, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. 'The thing is I am seriously, genuinely concerned about her health issues, I don't know what she used or whatever so it's not up to me to judge. She is fond of the tattoo. 'It's truly an honour to fight such a great champion. (Relationship, Boyfriend), Who is Jey Uso from The Usos? 'I'm older, I've been fighting for eighteen years. Prior to joining the UFC, de Randamie competed in the Strikeforce featherweight division. [17] After the fight, de Randamie stated that the blows after the horn were unintentional. She has a long list of fans and admirers. She faced Vanessa Porto and was defeated via submission (armbar) in the first round. Prior to joining the UFC, de Randamie competed in the Strikeforce featherweight division - and as of last week 2017, she is ranked number 10 in the UFC women's bantamweight rankings. Her fight was against Julie Kedzie at UFC on Fox 8. The Netherlands is counting on me, that will give me the edge.'. Prior to joining the UFC, de Randamie competed in the Strikeforce featherweight division. This is gonna be exciting. 'And to be headlining a show in the second event in New York. (Age, Married, Children, Earnings, Height), Jonathan Martinez UFC Stats and Salary; Who is his Wife? To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. Somebody asked me the other day and I said: 'what's not to like about Holly? Germaine de Randamie (8-3) is a former Ultimate Fighting Championship featherweight champion who currently competes at bantamweight. A meeting with Cyborg likely waits down the line for the winner of Saturday's showdown, but for now De Randamie will be hoping for a repeat of her last performance, a stunning knockout of Anna Elmose in the UFC's first ever show in her hometown. There are pointers that favour De Randamie, mainly Holm's tendency to lose confidence and become nervy when fights don’t go her way - and GDR is one tough cookie who will never give in. 118 shares By: Mike Bohn | November 7, 2019 7:25 pm Amanda Nunes believes Germaine de Randamie should be very concerned going into their title rematch at UFC 245. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. 'I always said I want to be people's champion and in Rotterdam I was the people's champion. De Randamie is more powerful and Holm's strengths play into the Dutchwoman's hands. she told Sportsmail when asked if the the fight offer came as a surprise. Holly Holm was one of the first fighters to hit the scale as she came in at 144.4 pounds for her first fight in the featherweight division in the UFC. She is of Dutch Nationality. Holm is the bookies' favourite and the bigger name - but many believe she will have more than a fight on her hands against the strong De Randamie. In the co-main event, Anderson Silva was actually the last fighter to hit the scale for the weigh-ins on Friday but had no problems making 185 pounds with a smile on his face as he returns for the first time since stepping up on two days notice to face light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. Holly Holm weighs in at 144.4 for the main event at #UFC208 pic.twitter.com/AvEzHZdrNK. I'm very matured, I feel confident but not over confident. Germaine Martha de Randamie (born April 24, 1984) is a Dutch mixed martial artist and former kickboxer.Undefeated in sanctioned kickboxing bouts, she competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and was the first UFC Women's Featherweight Champion.Prior to joining the UFC, de Randamie competed in the Strikeforce featherweight division. There is no doubt Holm, whose defeat of Ronda Rousey was one of the sport's most memorable moments, will have the crowd on her side in Brooklyn but De Randamie insists she will be unfazed. All times AEDT (GMT +11). Page 3 of 3 < Prev 1 2 3. qw3rty 20k Likes Belt. Therefore, it seems like she does not like to share anything with her fans. Browse more videos. GERMAINE DE RANDAMIE is the main attraction at the forthcoming UFC 208 this coming Sunday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn when she fights US star Holly Holm. Playing next. And De Randamie herself admits she can hardly believe she is getting such an opportunity. Holly is a tremendous athlete. [34], De Randamie faced Amanda Nunes in a rematch, on December 14, 2019 at UFC 245 for UFC women's bantamweight title fight. As she is not married and has no information on her affair,  some of her fans are doubt if she is lesbian. She is of Surinamese descent. [31], On March 8, 2019, de Randamie signed a new 6-fight contract with the UFC. 'No matter the outcome of the fight I will walk into that cage with a smile and I will walk out of it with a smile because I wrote history and I did it. Cris Cyborg turned down the fight on two occasions due to weight related health issues, De Randamie was given a hero's welcome when she fought in Rotterdam last year.   Loss And fans should be in for a treat as two of the finest female strikers of all time throw down in the octagon.   Notes, de Randamie interviewed at UFC Copenhagen in 2019, Stripped of title after refusing to fight, Stripping of Women’s Featherweight Championship. Play it now. Both fighters could have tipped the scale as heavy as 145 pounds but clearly Holm and De Randamie had no issue making the limit as they move up from bantamweight for this championship opportunity. [33] She won the fight via technical knockout in round one. As she has not revealed any of the info regarding her personal life, it is tough to guess anything. It is set to be a belting fight. 'There's only one Holly Holm (a 19-time world boxing champion) and there's only one Germaine (a 10-time world kickboxing champion) so it's going to be an amazing fight. I'm not sure how they do it, I've seen it... OLIVER HOLT: Jordan Pickford was the most relieved man in Goodison Park... Everton and their nervy keeper... Everton 2-2 Liverpool PLAYER RATINGS: Thiago Alcantara passed the Toffees to death on first start while... Connor finds the Goldson touch to fire Rangers to Old Firm victory over bitter rivals Celtic and help Steven... Blackburn 0-1 Nottingham Forest: New boss Chris Hughton claims last-gasp victory in first game in charge... 'They can steal those lads off us very, very cheaply because it suits them again doesn't it': Ian Holloway... Santos suspend Robinho's contract just ONE WEEK after his return to Brazil so forward can 'concentrate... 'This is the opportunity to bounce back... this is an even bigger game because of the last result': Marcus... 'Sergeant Koeman' has restored training methods used by treble-winning bosses Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique... Steve Finnan selling his 2005 Champions League winner's medal for at least £12,000 as well as matchworn... 'What happened is really a disgrace': Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani launches attack on Manchester United and... or debate this issue live on our message boards. Willis later explained in a post on Facebook that he was unable to make weight after accepting the fight on short notice and UFC doctors would not allow him to continue. Germaine de Randamie was born in April 24, 1984, in Utrecht, Netherlands. The early weigh-ins took place from 9am to 11am in Brooklyn ahead of the ceremonial weigh-ins where the fighters will face of at 6pm. The Dutch veteran is regarded as one of the greatest female kickboxers of all time, De Randamie (right) entered the UFC after going 37 fights undefeated in kickboxing, She has won three of her four UFC contests, most recently beating Anna Elmose (right). 'You get two of the best strikers in the world facing each other in MMA. Nunes (18-4 MMA, 11-1 UFC) and de Randamie (9-3 MMA, 6-1 UFC) are set to run … She defeated Stephanie Webber via knockout in the first round. Germaine de Randamie is a Dutch kickboxer and mixed martial artist who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). 'What happened is really a disgrace': Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani launches attack on Manchester United and Liverpool over Project Big Picture and warns rest of Premier League 'need to strongly defend' against elite power grab, 'This is the opportunity to bounce back... this is an even bigger game': Marcus Rashford insists Manchester United MUST respond at Newcastle after humiliating defeat by Tottenham, How Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could shake up Manchester United (if he's brave enough! On August 18, 2012, she defeated Hiroko Yamanaka at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. “I did everything I could to make weight for the fight this weekend but due to the short notice my body shut down during the weight cut and the UFC doctors wouldn’t clear me to fight,” Willis said. This fight, a world first for UFC as the inaugural women’s featherweight title, will be one not to miss. The Problem with Germaine. Germaine headlined the UFC Fight Night event against Aspen Ladd on July 2019 through which she reportedly earned $95,000 ($45,000 to show, $45,000 win bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay). [28], A bout against Ketlen Vieira was announced for UFC Fight Night 125 on February 3, 2018. Excluding her UFC 245 earnings, she has so far made $ $518,100 from MMA career. Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rockapotomuss, Feb 12, 2017. The event will now move forward with 11 total fights. UFC Fight Night 104: ¿Korean Zombie¿ Chan Sung Jung knocks... Jon Jones likely to get immediate title shot upon his return... Finding Jack Carlton: New film portrays life of sport hero, Everton v Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp pre-match press conference, EMB: Dominic Calvert-Lewin reveals he was racially abused aged six, Mourinho claims Wenger left him out book 'because he never beat me', Gareth Southgate backs Harry Maguire after costly red card, Jurgen Klopp: Project Big Picture drawn up with right intentions, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: We know we've started the season badly, Jurgen Klopp baffled by off-side call on Henderson late goal, Ancelotti please with his team performance and competitiveness, Pep Guardiola wants fewer games in light of Kevin De Bruyne injury, Manchester City v Arsenal: Premier League match preview, Mourinho gives update on fitness of Gareth Bale and Harry Kane. Born in 1984, De Randamie was born in Utrecht, Holland to a father from Surinam and a Dutch mother. Germaine de Randamie interesting facts, biography, family, updates, life, childhood facts, information and more: Germaine de Randamie (born April 24, 1984) is a Dutch kickboxer and mixed martial artist who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Her fans are eagerly waiting for her next fight. 54.2k Followers, 542 Following, 470 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Germaine de Randamie (@ironladymma)