Pakistan continued their domination against Zimbabwe by winning the second consecutive ODI and will anticipate a clean sweep by clinching the third one. [23] On 16 October 2017, Sri Lanka Cricket confirmed that the fixture in Lahore would go ahead as planned, but their limited-overs captain, Upul Tharanga, had pulled out of the match. The stadium was renovated for the 1996 Cricket World Cup when it hosted the final. Pitch Condition/Report: The Gaddafi Stadium hasn’t recorded big totals during Pakistan’s T20I series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan in the 2019-20 season. Team Pakistan maintained their dominance vs. Zimbabwe in T20s by winning the 1st game and anticipates clinching the series at 2-0 when they play the next one. [6] Dada's redesign was done in the Mughal style, with red, hand-laid brickwork and arches. [2], The headquarters of the Pakistan Cricket Board are situated at Gaddafi Stadium making it the home of the Pakistan national cricket team. sportsf1.com is not an online gambling operator, or a gambling site of any kind. IPL Package remaining 28 match prediction @ ₹5000, Buy any IPL, ODI, T20I and T10 match prediction is starting 10 matches @ ₹2500. Pitch report, predictions, betting tips for Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore. [6][15] Pakistan won both ODI and T20I series comfortably. We are not responsible the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Nickname(s): Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore City: LahoreCountry: Pakistan Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore pitch report on sportsf1.com - Get information includes ODI, T20I, T20 domestic records, stats of Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for entertainment only for Cricket lovers. With that, under heavy security, PCB planned World XI tour to Pakistan for three T20Is. [25] On 19 October 2017, Sri Lanka's chief selector, Graham Labrooy, said that players who do not travel to Lahore would be unlikely to be selected for the other two T20I fixtures. However, on 19 May 2015, the Zimbabwe cricket team landed at the Allama Iqbal International Airport to become the first Full Member nation to tour Pakistan since March 2009. Pakistan got off to a flying start in their long awaited home series against Zimbabwe by winning two T20s at 2-0 and will anticipate repeating it in three ODIs. Lahore in favour of Pakistan's right to pursue nuclear weapons. Let’s go for the field reports of the Gaddafi Stadium in 2020. [18] Two of Sri Lanka's current team, Chamara Kapugedera and Suranga Lakmal were on the bus during the 2009 terrorist attack, and both could have been selected for the T20I squad for this series. [24] Despite the concerns from the players, team manager Asanka Gurusinha felt that a competitive squad would be named. International cricket is being revived in Pakistan almost after a lapse of six years as Zimbabwe has reached there to play a series of two T20s and three ODIs. [26] The squad for the T20I fixtures was named two days later, with Thisara Perera selected as captain. [9], In 1968, a Test match, played against England, was affected due to riots. The Punjab Olympic Association made a similar request in late October 2011 to the provincial chief minister, "I don't think his profile is inspirational enough to link with our cricket stadium's identity." [5] The stadium houses the headquarters of the Pakistan Cricket Board. It is owned by the Pakistan Cricket Board. Team Pakistan maintained their rhythm in the One Day Internationals vs. Zimbabwe by winning the opening game and will anticipate same result in the next one. It usually helps bowlers during the wet season however on hot days it favours batting. [22] Sri Lanka Cricket said that players have a "contractual obligation" to play the match in Lahore, but it was unlikely to issue penalties to any player who chose not to visit Pakistan. The pitch at the Gaddafi Stadium provides assistance to the batters and generally, we get to see scores around 180. Lahore pitch report The scores were moderate in the recently concluded T20I series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. [16][17], In August 2017, Thilanga Sumathipala, president of Sri Lanka Cricket, said that he would like to play at least one of the three T20I matches in Lahore, Pakistan during October. [21] However, on 14 October 2017, the Sri Lankan team expressed their reluctance to travel to Pakistan, requesting that the fixture is moved to a neutral venue. [18][19][20] In March 2009, the Sri Lanka cricket team were attacked by terrorists while travelling to the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. Located in the historical city of Lahore, the Gaddafi Stadium, named after the Libyan leader, was completely renovated during 1995-96 ready for the 1996 World Cup.