And, after gruelling sparring sessions with British boxer Joe Joyce, he is being tipped to switch sports in the near future and wreak havoc in the ring as well as the octagon. Francis Ngannou(born 5 September 1986) is a Cameroonian-Frenchprofessional mixed martial artistcompeting in the Heavyweightdivision of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. In just seven years, the 6ft 4in powerhouse has gone from not knowing the sport of MMA existed, to challenging for the heavyweight title. That's Joe Rogan's assessment of Francis Ngannou's terrifying first round knockout win over Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC 249. Then I’ll show u how we roll.”. FRANCIS NGANNOU raced a step closer to another shot at the UFC heavyweight title after knocking out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in 19 seconds. FRANCIS NGANNOU raced a step closer to another shot at the UFC heavyweight title after knocking out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in 19 seconds. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. “People would respect me and what I say and hand over the money.”. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Francis Ngannou did it again. Francis Ngannou: UFC 249 star has gone from homeless Tyson wannabe to future title winner and potential boxing switch That's Joe Rogan's assessment of Francis Ngannou's terrifying first round knockout win over Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC 249. FRANCIS NGANNOU raced a step closer to another shot at the UFC heavyweight title after knocking out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in 19 seconds. “My friends are always small, in my team I protect others because I do not provoke. Van Dijk reportedly facing 'seven or eight months out' after star 'injures ACL', How hard does McGregor hit? I will just see how it goes.”, Man Utd sources think Bruno Fernandes is 'getting too big for his boots', Hearn says Wilder’s team ‘don’t know a*** from elbow’ after AJ fight failure, Henderson denied winner by dodgy VAR call in thriller, Caoimhin Kelleher appears to FALL ASLEEP on bench in Merseyside derby, Maguire heads in equaliser after Shaw scores early own goal, © 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Francis Ngannou knocked out Rozenstruik in just 19 seconds, The two bangers wasted no time in engaging in a shootout as they traded haymakers in the cage, Ngannou had Rozenstruik on the back foot and landed first, Ngannou makes it four wins in a row since he was beaten by Stipe Miocic for the title in 2018. "The Predator" knocked out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in seconds at UFC 249 in a much-anticipated fight between two knockout artists. "She had a lot of boys living with her and we wanted to fight to see who was the strongest boy, of our age, in the city. The January 2018 failed world title shot against experienced Stipe Miocic appeared to come too soon as Ngabbou surrendered a clear points decision and the same happened in the following fight with Derrick Lewis. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Francis Ngannou and Jairzinho Rozenstruik will help clarify the heavyweight picture, adding a new wrinkle to UFC 249. 1.7m Followers, 252 Following, 750 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Francis Ngannou (@francisngannou) UFC star's ex-opponents reveal all on brutal power, Real & Barca to fight for Fernandes in shock move after just 8 months in England, Maguire heads in equaliser after Shaw scores early own goal, Kepa makes ANOTHER howler as he bottles tackle to hand Southampton goal, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. The 33-year-old, dubbed 'The Predator' makes it four wins in a row, including stoppages against ex-champions Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos, since he was beaten by Stipe Miocic for the title in 2018. OH MY WORD! It didnt happen. May 10, 2020 6:31pm Francis Ngannou unleashes hell … "I was expecting to fight for the title. Francis Ngannou official Sherdog mixed martial arts stats, photos, videos, breaking news, and more for the Heavyweight fighter from France. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Francis Ngannou demolished UFC heavyweight legend Cain Valasquez last year, Ngannou enjoyed a meeting and brief training session with childhood hero Mike Tyson in November 2019, Tyson Fury has teased the idea of an MMA switched to fight Francis Ngannou, But he has won his last three fights all inside the first round, including the, Joe Joyce sparred with Francis Ngannou in Las Vegas in March, The only bad news for Ngannou, right now, is there is already, Mike Tyson trains UFC star Francis Ngannou 'for Tyson Fury fight', scalps of heavyweight legends Cain Valasquez, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). The 33-year-old said he's got his eyes on the heavyweight title. By Eddie Mercado @TheEddieMercado May 9, 2020, 11:44pm EDT Share this story He said: “When he called me out I knew he was not ready for me. ❄️ #UFC249 pic.twitter.com/rHc2tXgplH. With his opponent slumped to the deck, Ngannou connected with a couple of short hooks to make sure the job was well and truly done. "Sometimes I did not have a pen to write, I didn’t have books and was ashamed.". フランシス・ガヌー ( Francis Ngannou 、 1986年 9月5日 - )は、 カメルーン の 男性 総合格闘家 。 “I have been working for hard for 15 weeks on exactly that set-up so it was great team-work. "He needs to take a step back and get ready before he takes on someone like me. Ngannou made Rozenstruik pay for calling him out, ending the fight by knocking him out cold in the opening moments of the first round. "I had that set-up. "He has a lot of potential. Out cold! He's got a bazooka and you've got a gun.". "Me and my coach, we've been working for 15 weeks. “I have been expecting to fight for the title but I do not know where the division is right now. "He puts you in a firefight you just can't win. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). It took just 20 seconds. Ngannou is now so respected, UFC kingpin Dana White hands him thousands of pounds to fight in his promotion. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. Francis Ngannou knocks Rozenstruik out in the first 20 seconds. Now the Cameroon-born monster has Iron Mike backing him to kickstart the UFC show in Florida during the COVID-19 pandemic. He said: “My dad was always fighting and had a bad reputation, I saw my father’s reputation and I felt it was no good, I felt ashamed. Ngannou told SunSport: “I have not done a lot in my life, I was always moved around schools because I could not afford the fees. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. I am not a bully. It was great teamwork.". "That's very frustrating. "I don't know where the division is at the moment is. Ngannou was also embarrassed that his father had the reputation of a local hardman so he used his size and strength to protect the weaker people in and around his village. Wrestling and stamina are definitely weak spots for the 18st puncher but doing Las Vegas rounds with Olympic silver winner Joyce during his March Las Vegas camp will have boosted his boxing again. FRANCIS NGANNOU was once homeless and penniless on the streets of Paris, dreaming of becoming the next Mike Tyson. But Rozenstruik - who had previously called out Ngannou - could do nothing to defend a monstrous left hook that instantly finished the fight. "We asked for the interim title fight for this and they didn't make it. The win is Ngannou's fourth first round stoppage victory in a row, all of them coming in under 75 seconds. But it was Ngannou who had Rozenstruik on the back foot and landed first. “Sometimes I would leave the village and visit the city and when I came back people would have written a list of people who had taken their money. We've been working hard on striking, combos, everything. The scariest man in the UFC has unleashed hell in a mind-blowing display that left UFC stars stunned and his opponent legless. The only bad news for Ngannou, right now, is there is already another Tyson waiting for him to switch codes. "When I heard he called me out, I knew he didn't know what he's doing," he said. After being called out by Rozenstruik, Ngannou made him pay in just 20 seconds. TERRIFYING #UFC249 pic.twitter.com/WJ92tiK8LF. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. I did not want to be like him. He needs to take a step back and get ready before fighting someone like me. It took Francis Ngannou just 20 seconds to produce yet another stunning knockout at UFC 249. The Cameroonian ditched an educated attack for brute force as he charged forward, chin in the air and swinging with wide hooks. ", https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sportal_com_au/b2/ca/ngannou_135u6bmj9k3kt1mo7e9saryu7g.jpg?t=-41917759&w=500&quality=80, UFC 249: Ferguson v Gaethje (Late Prelims & Main Card). It has been a rags-to-riches tale for The Predator and Saturday’s behind-closed-doors bout in Florida is just the latest chapter. That's what I worked on. I don't know where I fit," he said of the current state of the heavyweight division, with Stipe Miocic currently inactive. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. If Ngannou comes through the groundbreaking UFC show this weekend with another win, expect a second world title shot to come or prepare for a new name to try to shake up boxing. Francis Ngannou just stormed the castle of Jairzinho Rozenstruik in a mere 20-seconds on the UFC 249 PPV main card. The blow knocked Rozenstruik out, with Ngannou landing a few more punches before the fight was stopped. "From the beginning I liked to fight but when my parents divorced they sent me to live with auntie. If you fight my friends, you fight me. Gypsy King Tyson Fury watched the training session Ngannou and his 53-year-old namesake shared and swiftly warned him and the rest of the UFC giants what would happen if they strayed into his domain. Ngannou said Rozenstruik's call out was a bit factor in the fight. After a few seconds of feeling each other out, Ngannou landed a left hook which sent Rozenstruik into the cage. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. As of 31 August 2020 he is #15 in the UFC men's pound-for-pound rankingsand #1 in the UFC heavyweight rankings. But he has won his last three fights all inside the first round, including the scalps of heavyweight legends Cain Valasquez and Junior Dos Santos and is closing in on another crack at the gold.