The stone that I have laid (set) before … The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Zechariah 9. When we stand before God, to minister to him, or stand up for God, we must expect to meet all the resistance Satan's subtlety and malice can give. Then nothing can hurt, and we sit down under Christ's shadow with delight, and are sheltered by it. This book contains the prophecies attributed to the prophet Zechariah, and is a part of the Book of the Twelve Minor Prophets. ESV Women's Study Bible--soft leather-look, teal, ESV Student Study Bible, Natural Leather, Brown, Flap with Strap, ESV My Creative Bible for Girls, Hardcover, Purple Glitter. The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”. 2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. 2:6-8), He is a rejected stone, a stone of … 8:13-15; 28:16; Dan. "And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen … When God gave a remnant to Christ, to be brought through grace to glory, then he engraved this precious stone. 10 In that day, declares the Lord of hosts, every one of you will invite his neighbor to come under his vine and under his fig tree.”. "Thy fellows": The priests, who sat with the high priest in council (cf. 4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. (Q) There are seven eyes[b](R) on that one stone,(S) and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin(T) of this land in a single day. 1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. The original text was written in the Hebrew language. Theme. 3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a] standing at his right hand to accuse him. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. [See ver. 3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! Whatever trials we pass through, whatever services we perform, our whole dependence must rest on Christ, the Branch of righteousness. (6-10)1-5 The angel showed Joshua, the high priest, to Zechariah, in a vision. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. There were spiritual enemies warring against them, more dangerous than any neighbouring nations. The restoration of the church. Guilt and corruption are great discouragements when we stand before God. Zechariah 12. “The stone”: Here is another reference to Messiah. Rashi 's Commentary: Show Hide. Clean Garments for the High Priest. Chapter 3. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. I will clothe thee with change of raiment; I will bring forth my Servant the BRANCH. Zechariah 3:9. 10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree. The Lord, who has chosen(D) Jerusalem, rebuke you! Zechariah 3 English Standard Version (ESV) A Vision of Joshua the High Priest. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. previous next. Israel now were free from idolatry, but there were many things amiss in them. Zechariah - Chapter 3 « Previous Chapter 2. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree. Thus Christ washes those from their sins in his own blood, whom he makes kings and priests to our God. The guilt of sin is taken away by pardoning mercy, and the power of it is broken by renewing grace. Zechariah 3 New King James Version (NKJV) Vision of the High Priest 3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan[ a] standing at his right hand to oppose him. Joshua appears as one polluted, but is purified; he represents the Israel of God, who are all as an unclean thing, till they are washed and sanctified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.