Origin of the expression "to be gagging to do something", Understanding why not to use a resistor for multiple LEDs, Spectrum of a ring (studied by Krull?) What is the difference between "You wouldn't want to" and "You don't want to"? ( Log Out /  Grant tolerance to those you disagree with. 'You don't want to know' is being used to represent 'Even though you have a desire to know as evidenced by your asking the question, if I give you the facts, you'll wish you never asked.' And we’re fine with feeling strongly about certain things ourselves. How to positively describe a negative behaviour or event? Jerry Garcia was a singer-songwriter who came to prominence in the 1960’s when he co-founded the rock band known as The Grateful Dead. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Wanna definition is - —used for 'want to' in informal speech and in representations of such speech. I should return with live blogs on Monday, October 15. This tells me that they’re willing to listen to other people with whom they disagree. Tolerance also means that we expect the same treatment and respect from those who disagree with us. It's something I always wanted to produce. of rational functions. Enya & P. Diddy – I Don't Wanna Know", The Irish Charts – Search Results – I Don't Wanna Know", Italiancharts.com – Mario Winans feat. How is "officially" used in a non-literal way? I hope you like it. Message about shipment delivered to drop point but I didn't order anything. Enter your email address to follow Quotation Celebration and receive notifications of new posts by email. Convictions become dark when we cannot entertain positions that are different from the ones we currently hold. Enya & P. Diddy – I Don't Wanna Know", Norwegiancharts.com – Mario Winans feat. Our convictions help make us the individuals that we are. 'You wouldn't want to know', obviously given in reply to another person's question, is arguably more accurately formed, as a contraction of, 'You wouldn't want to know if you knew how awful the truth really is'. Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange! Realize that no one is right 100% of the time. It’s another crazy busy week for me. TRUMP to BIDEN : This transition won't be easy. Enya & P. Diddy – I Don't Wanna Know", Offiziellecharts.de – Mario Winans feat. You can also find Quotation Celebration on Facebook. (or vice versa). [2] Winans said: "I first heard 'Boadicea' at the end of the movie Sleepwalkers about five or six years ago. "You don't want to know" is probably the more common form of idiom in the US. How to speed up integers finding function? Change ). Do you often don't know - do I need to use “do” 2x? Viewpoints that we don’t agree with. And consider a different viewpoint. Can a 2k thermistor be converted to a 10k output? This is the secret of Winan's magic; the soft touch of the synthesizers and his gentle piano playing blend with the signature sound of the kick and snare – hard, unadorned, punching through the music's gauzy elegiac texture."[4]. Enya & P. Diddy – I Don't Wanna Know", Charts.nz – Mario Winans feat. 'You don't want to know', with precisely the same meaning is equally acceptable. Though I didn’t actually speak with the driver of the car with the bumper sticker, I suspect that the person who put the sticker on the car thinks the following way. Who governed while Alexander The Great was away conquering Asia? Thanks for reading, sharing, and liking. "Don't Want to Know If You Are Lonely" is a song by Hüsker Dü from their album Candy Apple Grey. with precisely the same meaning is equally acceptable. Expect tolerance from those who disagree with you. It was released both as an EP in the United States and as a single in the United Kingdom in March 1986. Enya, Shola Ama, Naila Boss & Ishani – You Should Really Know", Ultratop.be – The Pirates feat. At any rate, Jerry Garcia has left us with a good quotation and an important principle to live by—You ain’t gonna learn what you don’t wanna know. I would recommend that we adopt the following guidelines in view of Garcia’s quotation: The next time you’re eating some Cherry Garcia ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s, remember that you ain’t gonna learn what you don’t wanna know. If you’re a fan of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, and who isn’t, you’ll recall that Cherry Garcia is one of the signature flavors that Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield named after the rock music legend. ", “You wouldn’t want to know” vs “you don’t want to know”, Responding to the Lavender Letter and commitments moving forward. But as one article described him, ‘He’d put far more wear and tear on his body than your average middle-aged guy.’. "You don't know me" is an incredibly brilliant statement that you can resort to when Mr. Jack Daniels is making it harder for you to say things that make sense. Expect tolerance from those who disagree with you.