John Billingsley may have a point. Practically, unless you have product placement, just how useful is the knowledge that a show you bought an ad during has a big following amongst those who skip the ads? Enterprise managed to score great guest stars too. While movies were the dominant force in the franchise for almost two full decades following that show's demise, 1987 brought Trekkies Star Trek: The Next Generation and a string of TV shows that would last for 18 years.

I imagine a lot of families did similar things. He was the worst choice for Archer they could have ever made. He clearly nailed the character the first moment he was on-screen.

they were wringing the Star Trek sponge of its last few drops. Instead we got more Borg and Ferengi, grumpy Vulcans, an entire 9/11-inspired season that could have been the Earth/Romulan War but was instead about a race of five aliens never mentioned before, and a First Contact with the Klingons which did not lead to years or war like Picard had said it did.

We know that because five years after its cancellation director JJ Abrams pulled off all the things Enterprise originally promised, and more, in his 2009 movie. But this was suppose to be the beginning of the Federation, and those races were almost nowhere to be seen. Good start, weak ending. Click the button below to start this article in quick view. That said, I’m not quite sure who else you’re blaming here. Were the ratings THAT bad that it warranted cancellation? There’s no denying in the wake of the 2009 movie’s success that they had the right idea. In my view they had the right actor for the Captain. By the time Enterprise arrived, UPN was courting a different kind of audience every night and had WB-envy in how its schedule flowed and successfully targeted a certain demographic. What I liked about Enterprise that I feel is currently missing in Discovery is that the show felt a bit more ‘fun’. TrekMovie.com is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with CBS Studios Inc., Paramount Pictures Corp or the “Star Trek” franchise. Enterprise squandered its first two seasons on very blah storytelling, and when given the chance to show the Earth-Romulan War which a great number of fans were hoping to finally see, we got the underwhelming Xindi War instead. Now that it is no Netflix, I can finally watch it in its entirety.

And then [Paramount Television Chairman] Kerry McCluggage got fired, our real fan, really quick [December, 2001]. Is it when a feline is in agony? Still have questions? Starfleet had no way to know what kind of man they’d need sitting in their first Warp 5 ship’s captain’s chair.