An' get out of the housecoat before supper, Ha well let me tell you somethin', Conway Then when Trina finally caught up to him at a red light, he tried to back over her. As Tori was recording the song, the producer received a call from a friend who said that he played the song for Beyoncé and that she wanted to record it professionally. An annotation cannot contain another annotation. I'm not afraid to try And fix what I've broken There goes my mind racing And you are the reason That I'm still breathing I'm hopeless now. Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try [22][23] Tom McCarthy was hired to direct the first two episodes. It was written by Dan Schneider, Michael Corcoran and CJ Abraham. You might be crazy She also says that it's 'our fault' implying that she also blames herself for letting it happen. Have I told you lately that I love you? 'Cause it's all right And it's crazy that someone could change me [24] The series is produced by Anonymous Content and Paramount Television with Gomez, McCarthy, Joy Gorman, Michael Sugar, Steve Golin, Mandy Teefey, and Kristel Laiblin serving as executive producers. And you need to know that you're the reason why I don't want to make a scene You're a little bit off Courtney Crimson spread stories about sexual "toys" she "found" in Hannah's room and later ditched her at a party. You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly Oh well, whatever, everybody needs to know And money ain't everything 1 on the New York Times Best Seller list in July 2011. Lyrics to 'You Are the Reason' by Calum Scott: There goes my heart beating Cause you are the reason I'm losing my sleep Please come back now Calum Scott - You Are The Reason Lyrics | MetroLyrics Top Songs The novel was published in trade paperback format by Penguin Young Readers Group, a division of Penguin Random House on June 14, 2011. A screenplay was written, based on the original release of the book, that became the basis of the dramatic television series 13 Reasons Why released through Netflix on March 31, 2017. You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly I say I could never get enough Look me in the eye Victorious Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Katherine Langford replaced Gomez for the role of Hannah Baker but left after two seasons. Tori did not understand and Trina explained that she sold the song and the rights to a producer for 500 dollars and that she (Trina) would have a chance to record it professionally. And money ain't everything Also, instead of singing, "You might be crazy," Trina sings "I might be crazy.". [20], Universal Studios purchased film rights to the novel on February 8, 2011, with Selena Gomez cast to play Hannah Baker.[21]. Hannah says on the tape that Justin knew about this and let it happen. While the show's popularity increased interest in the novel,[11] its notoriety among suicide prevention groups[12] drew criticism of the novel's premise. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. Cause you are the reason I'm losing my sleep Please come back now. The last tape is for Mr. Porter, a temporary school counselor who told Hannah that if she was unwilling to press charges against "the boy" who raped her, she should "try to move on", even after Hannah expressed a desire to kill herself. But, I love you just the same, Conway, why in the devil don't you gon' ", "Mesa County school district briefly pulls 'Thirteen Reasons Why' after 7 students' suicides", "Selena Gomez To Star In '13 Reasons Why': Movie, adapted from Jay Asher's young adult novel, looks back at a girl's reasons for killing herself", "Netflix Gives Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Straight-To-Series Order", "Netflix Adapting '13 Reasons Why' Into Selena Gomez Series (Exclusive)", "Spotlight's Tom McCarthy To Direct & Produce Selena Gomez's Netflix Series '13 Reasons Why' From Paramount TV", "Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award", "Young Adult Book Award Nominees and Materials: Past Young Adult Book Award Winners", "YALSA 2008 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers", "YALSA Selected Audiobooks for Young Adults 2008", "77th ANNUAL CALIFORNIA BOOK AWARDS WINNERS IN BRIEF", Children and Young Adult Literature portal, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thirteen_Reasons_Why&oldid=983564722, Articles with dead external links from January 2018, Articles with permanently dead external links, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Justin Foley started a rumor at school that Hannah was a "slut" after they kissed once in the park, Alex Standall reinforced the rumor by awarding Hannah "Best Ass" on a "hot or not" list, Alex's ex-girlfriend Jessica Davis, who had once been Hannah's friend, spread rumors that Hannah was the reason she and Alex broke up, Marcus Cooley tried to take advantage of Hannah during a date. Despite its proposed controversy, Festus High is one example of a school that supports the novel. Ah, but looks ain't everything You say it's just another day in the shade Thirteen Reasons Why is a young adult novel written in 2007 by Jay Asher. Notices were sent to parents within the school district alerting them to the possible influence of the series. Calum described the meaning more in depth through his label Capital Records “You Are the Reason” started out as a song about something completely different than what it … Try to do my own thing and Have I told you lately that I love you? High school student Clay Jensen receives a mysterious package in the mail with seven cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, a classmate who recently died by suicide. [18], Due to its depictions of sexual assault, in particular, another question about the novel is whether it should be given a warning label to alert readers of the content. If it was raining, you would yell at the sun https://victorious.fandom.com/wiki/You%27re_the_Reason?oldid=852384. Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try You Are the Reason by Calum Scott song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position 'Cause when we get ahead, it's got another mouth to feed, And that's the reason my good looks and my figure's gone And you need to know that you're the reason why. An' you're the reason our kids are ugly, little darling [5] As he listens to the tapes, he learns that there is a side for each person to whom Hannah attributes her reasons for killing herself. And it's crazy that someone could change me And shave an' put on a clean pair of pants? I'm starting to figure it out that it's all right Pick up the pieces when the damage is done The next day, Trina found Tori at her locker and thanked her for buying her a new hat. You might be crazy And you are the reason That I'm still breathing I'm hopeless now I'd climb every mountain And swim every ocean Just to be with you And fix what I've broken Oh, cause I need you to see That you are the reason There goes my hands shaking Cause you are the reason My heart keeps bleeding And I need you now If I could turn back the clock Well, I guess you might say they took after me. I wish you'd take them curlers out of your hair And you need to know that you're the reason why But, I love you just the same, I guess that we won't ever have, everything we need If it was raining, you would yell at the sun You might be crazy I'd climb every mountain [6][7], Since its release, the novel has received both praise and criticism. For the television series, see, "A Story of a Teenager's Suicide Quietly Becomes a Best Seller", "Jay Asher tells why the Thirteen Reasons Why anniversary edition contains the book's original ending", "All the Ways Netflix's 13 Reasons Why Is Different From the Book", "Festus High doesn't shy away from controversial book", "Beyond Bullying: Pairing Classics and Media Literacy", "Portrayals of Bullying in Young Adult Literature: Considerations for Schools", "Are trigger warnings more harmful than taboo subjects? And it's crazy that someone could change me And swim every ocean In the show. Loretta, look at yourself Have I told you lately that I love you? I don't even care when they say At this point, the tapes come to Clay, to whom Hannah apologizes for including because he does not deserve to be on the list; they had genuine feelings for each other, and kissed once at a party. After three hours of deliberation by librarians and counselors, the books were returned to circulation when it was determined that the book was not as graphic as the TV series. You might be crazy You might be crazy Since Tori couldn't find a sufficient birthday present for Trina's birthweek, Andrésuggested that they could write a song, and Tori could sing it for Trina as her birthweek present. [2], On December 27, 2016, the Tenth Anniversary Edition of Thirteen Reasons Why was published in hardcover, also by Penguin Young Readers Group. Oh, but looks ain't everything But, I love you just the same, You're the reason I changed to beer from soda pop Have I told you lately that I love you? At the end of the premiere of the episode A Christmas Tori on December 3rd, 2011, Nickelodeon premiered a music video for an "acoustic version" of the song, which Justice also performed. This article is about the novel. Thank you, Besides that Later, in The Diddly-Bops, Trina sang the song to the record producer, hoping to get a record deal. The second character to be named on the tapes in the book was Alex Standall; The ninth character to be named on the tapes in the book was Clay Jensen; The tenth character to be named on the tapes in the book was Justin Foley; The eleventh character to be named on the tapes in the book was Jenny Kurtz; In the book, it is revealed that Hannah kills herself via swallowing a handful of pills. If the tenant breaks a clause of this contract, a landlord must often first send the tenant a Notice to Quit the behavior. Now no matter what it is I have to do I don't even care when they say And that's the reason I ain't got no hair to comb Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try Ah but looks ain't everything