Hardly an easy task. Wallmark, 24, has notched 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 60 games this season. A seven-year veteran, Haula has 22 points (12 goals, 10 assists) in 41 games this season. “This deal helps us in the present and in the future as we strengthen our depth chart.”. “Players come in, it’s at the end of the season, there’s probably a little bit of pressure to perform,” Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. Help | Press | Advertise With Us | Jobs | FOX Cincy | RSS | Site Map They’ve had two-plus weeks of camp-style workouts to build chemistry with teammates. Ranking 35 trades that shaped the Rays, Astros, Dodgers and Braves. “He’s a right-handed center who is excellent in the face-off circle. We added depth throughout the organization.". “I think they’re the ones that need the time the most,” Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour said. Your privacy is safe with us. You know everybody personally a lot better. "He's excited and so are we," Tallon said of adding Priskie, a top-10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award last season at Quinnipiac who signed with Carolina as a free agent on Aug. 17. However, he didn’t sign with them and later signed with the Hurricanes in August of 2019. He should fit in as their second or third line center, though he has experience as a wing. All Rights Reserved.

The 6-foot, 193-pound native of Pori, Finland has appeared in 398 career NHL regular season games, with the Minnesota Wild (2013-14 to 2016-17), Vegas Golden Knights (2017-18 to 2018-19) and Carolina Hurricanes (2019-20) producing 173 points (85-88-173). Elliotte Friedman was the first to report the trade was being finished. Wallmark, 24, has appeared in 60 games with Carolina, registering 23 points (11-12-23). With two years left on his contract after this one, this fills a need for our roster for this year and moving forward.”. "They're versatile, smart players," Panthers general manager Dale Tallon said. The Hurricanes have added a core center as they have acquired Vincent Trocheck from the Panthers in exchange for centers Erik Haula and Lucas Wallmark plus prospect defenseman Chase Priskie and center Eetu Luostarinen.. Trocheck looked like he was on his way to stardom two years ago when he put up 75 points in 82 games but his production has tapered off since then. This does not. Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Vincent Trocheck was part of a wave of NHL players moved at the February trade deadline, jumping right into the lineup a day later for a learn-on-the-fly introduction to his new Carolina Hurricanes team. His 11 goals are a career high. Selected by Florida in the third round (No. “You kind of want that stuff to be just second nature and not have to think about it. In Trocheck the Hurricanes get a solid centreman. All Rights Reserved. In a second trade deadline move, Florida acquired prospect Emil Djuse from the Dallas Stars for a sixth-round pick. Now you’re in the group chats, you’re communicating with everybody. Wallmark, a 24-year-old forward, has 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 60 games. We encourage you to review it carefully. ET; SNE, SNP, SNO, FS-A, FS-A PLUS, FS-F, NHL.TV). "We stayed in probably four or five different trades because you don't want to be left at the altar. Djuse has played in 48 games with Dallas’ AHL affiliate this season, posting 29 points (four goals, 25 assists). Such an underwhelming return and it doesn’t really solve any of the Panthers problems short-term. He has a $4.75 million cap hit and has two seasons left on his contract after this one. Let’s see how both teams did in the trade. In 41 games this season, Haula has 22 points. "The bottom line is [doing] what's best for the Florida Panthers. How did each general manager do in this trade? Haula, 28, has appeared in 41 games with Carolina, recording 22 points (12-10-22).

NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. The Florida Panthers have traded Vincent Trocheck to the Hurricanes. Trocheck has been a solid middle-six forward, but the Panthers are looking to shake up their roster.

This trade comes as a bit of a surprise as Florida is trying to make playoffs. The 26-year-old Trocheck had a breakout season in 2017-18, with career highs in goals (31) and assists (44) while playing in all 82 games. GRADE: C-. Also, the Canes are a team they are competing against. You have to move on. Also, the Canes are a team they are competing against. The 28-year-old forward has plenty of postseason experience, playing in 44 playoff games during his career. Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League, Bienvenue à LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey, Добро пожаловать на NHL.com, официальный сайт Национальной хоккейной лиги, Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin, Välkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida, Vítejte na NHL.com, oficiálních stránkách National Hockey League, Vitajte na NHL.com, oficiálnych stránkach National Hockey League, Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League, Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League, Carolina Hurricanes acquire Vincent Trocheck from Florida Panthers for Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark and prospects. Instead, the coronavirus halted everything in March. This is a rather underwhelming return for the Panthers. I think that's the reason they brought me in, to play that fast style of hockey.". Trade grades: Vincent Trocheck trade another smart move for Hurricanes, Gators coach Mullen tests positive for COVID-19, Source: Pats' Michel, Mason, Rivers on COVID list, Saban cleared to coach after 3rd negative test, Tigers' Lawrence has huge day, misses INT mark, Bird backs Rapinoe on soccer-WNBA contrast, Jags put 12 practice players, Mauro on COVID list, 'Now I got to clean up your mess': How a father's words sparked the Lomachenko-Lopez feud, Guide to every Week 6 NFL game: Picks, matchup nuggets, more, 'Who is this kid?' Vincent Trocheck Traded. "At this point I feel like I'm 100 percent.". On Monday, the Panthers traded longtime center Vincent Trocheck to the Carolina Hurricanes for forwards Erik Haula and Lucas Wallmark. "For the last month or so I'd say I felt back to my normal self in a sense of kind of playing with speed and doing the things I used to do," Trocheck said. He all NCAA defensemen with 17 goals. And then when you come back, it’s almost like: wow, it’s your second year with the team.”. ASK IRA: Is there room for a familiar face to come full circle?

Florida has languished since the All-Star Break, going just 4-8-1 in its last 13 games.