August 30th 1998

His classic, The Case for Christ, is a perennial favorite which details his conversion to Christianity. I suppose asking for a uniform standard is going too far. Hopefully this is because I have moved past the need for an intellectual defense of my faith towards a discipleship under the lordship of Christ based upon who he is as seen in scripture and through the experience of Christians throughout the ages.

Although I do not know Lee Strobel, he seems to have put forth a reasonable and well researched argument. Please be more open minded to those who disagree with your viewpoint. And these scholars are all firm believers in God, Jesus being the son of God (or a human incarnation of God) and the resurrection. Final Smurfs: The Lost Village Trailer Enters a Secret World, The Void Trailer Pays Tribute to Classic 80s Horror Movies, Documentaries/NonFic/Educational I have watched.

Not really. While I think it was helpful at the time, I find myself not needing it as much at this stage of my life. As a student of Christianity and other religions for a while now, I found this book to be a big disappointment. Regardless of what Strobel writes in this book, it is clear that he wanted a change in his life, and he only interviewed apologists that would grease his path to faith. This interested me in the book - what did Strobel find that was so compelling that it could change a staunch atheist's mind? Anonymous, In this documentary, the filmmaker rounds up a bunch of experts, many of whom are priests, pastors, or divinity professors, and presumes that these are unbiased experts who can help determine the validity of claims made by the bible. “The Jews proposed the ridiculous story that the guards had fallen asleep. If you want to see more answers to questions from both sides its simple research but to say this book has less validity because he only addresses the arguments he AS AN ATHEIST had is invalid in itself. I am a Catholic Christian who acknowledges Jesus Christ in my every day life but my old Christian faith was based on tradition not fact. Reviewed in the United States on June 11, 2017. And why would he as an atheist go to other atheist for answers to questions that he already had he knew what atheists believed. The Bible in 52 Weeks: A Yearlong Bible Study for Women, Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship, The Creator and the Cosmos: How the Latest Scientific Discoveries Reveal God, A Gentle Answer: Our 'Secret Weapon' in an Age of Us Against Them, Unearthing the Bible: 101 Archaeological Discoveries That Bring the Bible to Life.

Lewis, Schleiermacher (On Religion: Speeches to Its Cultured Despisers), and I would include G.K. Chesterton's works as well. His 1998 book, The Case for Christ, has sold millions of copies, was made into a …

When a high school teacher is asked a question in class about Jesus, her response lands her in deep trouble. Written by As a Christian, I would recommend this book to anyone and challenge people to provide proof to the contrary of Lee Strobel's investigation.

No problem there. Although I do not know Lee Strobel, he seems to have put forth a reasonable and well researched argument. I have given away several as gifts. Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event?Strobel's tough, point-blank questions make this remarkable book read like a captivating, fast-paced novel. by Zondervan. To use his somewhat tortured analogy of building a legal case, it is a bit like a trial in which only the prosecution was allowed to present evidence. The book sees Strobel, who starts as an agnostic, interviewing 12 or 13 scholars about different aspects of Jesus' life.