There is a single space after the first three characters. Just save me a ton of time! Example:NAME OF MEMBER OF PARLIAMENTHOUSE OF COMMONSOTTAWA ON K1A 0A6CANADA(Note: "Canada" is not required for domestic mail). It provides the basic geographic sorting for mail. Canadian provincial and territorial postal abbreviations are used by Canada Post in a code system consisting of two capital letters, to represent the 13 provinces and territories on addressed mail. This is due to Canadian Postal Codes generally being much smaller than US Postal codes. As well as making the sorting and delivery of mail more efficient, postal codes are used for a variety of other purposes in Canada - in marketing for instance. Cities by ZIP Code™ For more rapid delivery, please use the recommended or recognized city names whenever possible for this ZIP Code ™. They are designed to help Canada Post, the Canadian Crown corporation which provides postal services in Canada, sort mail efficiently and accurately, whether it's done mechanically or by hand. USPS or Canada Post recognition of the City name when used with this postal code. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Canadian postal code was first introduced in Ottawa, Canada's capital, in 1971.For other significant milestones in the development of postal services in Canada, see The Chronology of Canadian Postal History (since 1506) from the Museum of Canadian History. This is an online tool (Mashup) to search postal code of a place, address or city in Canada. Not having the right zip code for your postal mail would mean your letters will not reach their destination. United States, Canada or Mexico ZIP or postal code. Click a point to find zip or postal code is closest to that point. The first letter indicates the province, i.e. - Find the zip code of your current location, Answer the question "What zip code am I in?".

I haven’t needed that kind of detail, but it looks like there are a lot of options for downloading complete ZIP code listings. The first character in a postal code represents the province, or part of a province, or territory. Produced: on or before 5th calendar day quarterly Use our interactive map, address lookup, or code list to find the correct zip code for your postal mails destination.

Multiple entries are separated by an ASCII forward slash "/" character. There are many ways for postal codes to be helpful in day to day life. Use a postal code to find the nearest postal outlet. Both files will have postal codes, states (or provinces for Canada) and time zone information. ; In 2011, there were approximately 834,000 postal codes in Canada, according to Statistics Canada. In some countries such as the United Kingdom and Canada, postal code are comprised of number and letters. All members of parliament have the same postal code - K1A 0A6. The following table lists the valid state/province codes that you can use for Canada ( = CA): The tool will also find other parts of the address which you can use if needed. Additional telephone area codes in use when the predominate telephone area code is an overlayed area code. Susan Munroe is a public affairs and communications professional based in Canada. Your email address will not be published. Select the name of the Place/Address/City (in Canada) from the suggested list. Find the zip or postal code of any address in the world. Thank you for doing this it has saved me time for large mailings. Try our lookup by address feature at the top of the page for the right USPS zip code for your postal needs.

Here's the website: Find a Postal Code All Alberta postal codes begin with "T". ), The 12 Days of Git, Day 12: Fixing Mistakes with Git, https://www.aggdata.com/free/united-states-zip-codes.

See. In the United Kingdom, they are called postcodes. Most Canadian banks also have online tools that use postal codes to find the nearest, The Canadian postal code was first introduced in. if this is the case click within the city limits to find the zip code of that spot. Full state, province, and territory names and abbreviations; postal code types; latitude and longitude coordinates. Latitude in decimal degrees to the approximate geographic center of the postal code service area. I couldn’t find one right away, so I built my own. [Update, 11-Dec-2014: When I posted this initially, I accidentally transposed the ZIP codes for Annapolis, MD, and Boston, MA. There are currently about 43,000 zipcode. Just wanted to let you know that this is super awesome and helpful! Postal codes for all regions in Canada. , Your email address will not be published.

A Canadian postal code has six alphanumeric characters. This is due to Canadian Postal Codes generally being much smaller than US Postal codes.
Thank you, I use this everyday for testing different states at work. This package also includes full time zone information and primary telephone area code associated with each postal code. North American Time Zone the post code is located in. In the United States of America a zipcode is five or nine numbers that are added to a postal address to assist the sorting of mail. Interactive map of zip codes in the United States. Example: ANA NANwhere A is a capital letter of the alphabet and N is a number. I have fixed that now.]. Postal codes vary from one country to another but they are usually a group of numbers between 3 and 10 digits long. Longitude in decimal degrees to the approximate geographic center of the postal code service area. I thought it may be useful to someone else, so I’m posting it here. In address labels, postal codes should be placed on the same line of the address as the name of the municipality and abbreviation of province or territory. Click below for zip codes in that state! Thank you, you just saved me a lot of time! You can also find the zipcode of any address or point clicked on the map. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. Distribution Frequency: quarterly (issue date: January, April, July, October) Thank you very much . Answer the question "What zip code … This tool can also find the postal code of many other countries. 5-digit United States Postal Service ZIP Code; 5-digit SEPOMEX postal code; 7-character Canada Post postal code; formatted 3-character Forward Sortation Area (FSA), space, 3-character Local Delivery Unit (LDU) Place: VARCHAR(64) Settlement, town, community, colony, or locale name. my opinion .. To get your exact zipcode please share your location. The full name for the state, province or territory the postal code is located in. Searching for a city may not give you a result as there are many zip codes within a city. Note: postal code is an official mark (OM) of Canada Post Corporation. London has more than one "zip code", which we call "post codes":-London is divided into postal regions, each with its own post code. Get all US ZIP Codes and their information in one easy to use database. We have found the zip code you are likely in using your general area. Postal codes vary from one country to another but they are usually a group of numbers between 3 and 10 digits long. ZIP codes for the 50 states of the US. T tells us that it is in Alberta.

The Canadian zip code file will be much larger in size with over 800K records. Current Release: October 3, 2020 You can also enlarge the map to see the boundaries of US zip codes.
I searched for “usps zip code file”, and found several, both free and paid products like this one, https://www.aggdata.com/free/united-states-zip-codes. This will display the postal code of the selected location from Canada on Google map.

What else can you do with the zip code finder? For example: Here are a few little-known facts about Canadian postal codes. It could indicate a small rural community or in urban areas a location as specific as an individual building. The city, community, station or other name for the postal code area. P - A ZIP Code used only for Post Office Boxes, U - A ZIP Code used for a unique organization, United States or Canadian 3-digit Numbering Plan Area (NPA). Update Git on Mac OS to Avoid Security Vulnerability, Example of Functional Programming in Three Web Languages, Let’s Compare Javascript Testing Frameworks, Wrangle Wandering Whitespace with Git (?!? Complete listing of all United States, Canadian, and Mexican postal codes in a single package. The first set of three characters is the Forward Sortation Area or FSA. In some countries such as the United Kingdom and Canada, postal code are comprised of number and letters.

Other countries have similar postal code systems. Y/N indicator specifying whether daylight savings time is recognized, Time zone the postal code is located in specified as a Universal Time Coordinate offset. Settlement, town, community, colony, or locale name. The following table lists the valid state/province codes that you can use for Canada ( = CA): Glad you found sample ZIP code list useful!

Very helpful, thanks for doing this. 5-digit United States … A - the city name is an acceptable alternate for use with this postal code. This is seriously helpful. I couldn’t find one … Continue reading Sample ZIP Codes from All 50 States (and more) I needed sample ZIP codes from all 50 states, so that I could test a website feature I’ve been working on. Used for a UPS pricing test, saved me a lot of time.