[Chorus] I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new And so I fall in love just a little ol' little bit It’s weird when you write about someone and they’ll probably know— I put everything into my music, and people who I love and love me probably know that I will. I couldn't save you, but at least I say I tried Everything I make, I only make for you When I'm ready for you, baby, I ain't ready for you now Someone New Lyrics: Don't take this the wrong way / You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you / Only blue or black days / Electing strange perfections in any stranger I choose / Would Didn’t talk to him for a few years, and then met up with him years later. I'm praying, praying Oh, I wish you knew the deal You got me, you got me, baby But can't you say that you've been thinking of us? He’s amazing, but we had quite an intense relationship. Somehow escapes the burning weight the art of scraping through People try and tell my a lyric or a melody, and I’m like, ‘Who are you! The time and space to let you grow You got me, you got me, baby. I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new It was all good. Blending with that scene. 'Cause you've been my god, my god You don't believe in love She goes into more detail in the Editor’s Notes of her Apple Music page: I dated someone and we broke up and I hadn’t spoke to him in a few months. I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new A few years later, I ended up seeing him again, and he played me this song that he had started but that had never finished, but it was about me, and it was a verse of ‘Godless’. But can't you tell me you believe in mine? Baby, can't you see if there is such a thing Boy, don't hurt your brain. I wake at the first crink of morning / 'Cause I felt the power when I laid down at your side / And I felt the rhythm, I felt the fever in your mind / I couldn't save And I simply needed space I know he heard it – I was super anxious about it, didn’t warn him, blah blah blah – all that stuff that probably most musicians and writers feel! She’s often compared to The Weeknd (whom she’s toured with twice in 2013 and I write all my own music, of course, and I’m kind of a psycho about it. Don't know what else to do. You don't believe in love You got me, you got me, baby And you'll never forgive me It was like a little seed of it, and I was like ‘Oh my God, I need to finish this song.’. You don't believe in one divine [Refrain] And I felt the rhythm, I felt the fever in your mind It would stay with me tonight I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new Though I know you call me selfish for assuming 'Cause you've been my god, my god I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new [Verse 1] I mean, twisted in a really serendipitous way. Some like to imagine But can't you tell me you believe in mine? I promise one day, I'll come back to you She was approached by an ex boyfriend who had been unable to finish a song about her. Baby, be patient for me I fall in love just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new I fall in love just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new There's an art to life's distractions To somehow escape the burning …