The other 10% is what I do here in my office, bouncing off the walls. Has played the same character (T-1000) in three movies: Has the distinction of being the only actor killed on screen by all three of the Planet Hollywood founders: The appearance of character Dale Gribble from the animated series, In the mid to late 1980s, he lived in the same Los Angeles complex with such neighbors such as. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Devoted to giving back, he regularly goes on USO hospital visits and has participated in four USO tours in seven countries since 2008, visiting more than 8,100 service members and military families. [on his favorite character] He's (T-1000) one of the ones that I'm the most proud of, but I can't say that he's my favorite. I obviously had a great deal of faith in Jim Cameron and. Nobody could have pulled off Shuko from the Double Dragon movie like him. FAIRMONT, W.Va. — Four Fairmont residents have received charges in relation to a July 18 boating accident which caused a 22-year-old man to lose his leg.. He swam for three hours in order to save others still stranded on the accident site, and nearly drowned in doing so. Acting HAD to work out. The grandson of an Army veteran who served during World Wars I and II and the Korean War, Patrick grew up with a profound respect for troops. He really showed his mettle in that liquid. He worked in a bar to supplement his income and even lived in his own car.Patrick starred in various direct-to-video television movies, and had a short appearance in Die Hard 2 (1990). Filter's song "Hey Man Nice Shot" was featured in an episode of the X-Files ("DPO"), and two others ("Thanks Bro," "One") were also featured on a couple of X-Files soundtracks. Haha, works well in British English, less well in American. 5.1k Damn it. Kad, Other Works I really consider the whole T2 experience sort of like a boot camp, military type of an experience that I endured and sort of graduated from if that makes any sense to you. i choked on my ramen to log in and post just this. I think every experience you have working with people you admire and respect really enriches you as an artist. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the todayilearned community. His brother is the lead singer of the band Filter. According to a criminal complaint, On July 18 Robert Anthony “Tony” Meredith, 36, of Fairmont, smoked marijuana and took “an unprescribed Xanax pill” then later met Jeffery Taylor, 35, of Fairmont, who had driven to his home, according to a … |  I've been acting for 16 years. Watching Richard's face when Robert sings. And also the president of a chapter of the Boozefighters MC in California. I tried to tap into the killer instinct inherent in animals, where they are locked onto a target and will walk through anything that gets between them and their intended target. He had a memorable role in the final season of Sons of Anarchy (2008), did a cameo role on the sitcom Community (2009), and had a supporting role in Season One on Robert Rodriguez's From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series (2014) for the El Rey Network. TIL that Robert Patrick (the guy who plays T-1000 in Terminator 2) was in a boating accident and swam for 3 hours to get help for others Must make Christm...never mind. I love acting, period. [on Wushu - the martial art training he studied for preparing the role of the T-1000] Everyday, I had to show up and convince myself that I literally was this guy (T-1000) and that's not easy to do. His face still gives me Terminator 2 flashbacks though, scared me as a kid. It is a great Robert Patrick fact. His performance in Fire in the Sky caught the attention of Chris Carter, creator of the television series The X-Files (1993). In Spring 2017, it was announced that Robert would have a featured role in Gale Anne Hurd's highly anticipated Amazon series Lore (2017), based on the popular horror podcast.Recent film credits include Universal Pictures' Identity Thief (2013) with Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman, Warner Brothers' Gangster Squad (2013) in which he played Josh Brolin's squad member going up against Sean Penn as Mickey Cohan, Trouble with the Curve (2012) opposite Clint Eastwood, Lovelace (2013) opposite Sharon Stone and Amanda Seyfried, Universal's remake of Endless Love (2014) with Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde, Focus Features' Kill the Messenger (2014) opposite Jeremy Renner, and The Road Within (2014) with Kyra Sedgwick and Zoë Kravitz.In addition to his acting success, Patrick is a lifelong supporter of the military and the USO. After leaving college, Patrick worked as a house painter and continued as such until a boating accident in 1984 in Lake Erie. Frequently plays characters who are involved in law enforcement or the military. and really out of place in a bridge to death Teribithia. Attended Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio; majored in accounting. "Call to john...to get help...people drowning". After the accident, he moved from Ohio to Los Angeles, California. Is the older brother of successful musician. After leaving college, he took a job as a house painter and continued as such until a boating accident in Lake Erie in 1984. His breakthrough role came as the liquid-metal, shape-shifting T-1000 in James Cameron's blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). And his ear and Stephen Colbert's ear are also earbrothers. The rest is up to the universe. Press J to jump to the feed. Press J to jump to the feed. Agreed. According to the charges, Saturday around 3:25 p.m., deputies with the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office responded to a boat crash on Otter Tail Lake. His liquid mettle if you will. I've done some roles since that I'm really proud of. Publicity Listings Also, he and lead singer from Filter are brothers. After leaving college, he took a job as a house painter and continued as such until a boating accident in Lake Erie in 1984. [The T-1000] is what broke me out big to the world, and I kind of carry it with me everywhere I go, for good or bad. His first ten years in the film business consisted mostly of small parts in "B" pictures; he made so little money from acting that he had to take a job as a bartender to supplement his income. You'd think he would have sunk, being made out of liquid metal and all. If acting hadn't worked out? Submit interesting and specific facts about something that you just found out here. Robert Patrick always dreamed of becoming an actor, but working as a house painter in Ohio made Hollywood seem like a long shot. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Submit interesting and specific facts about something that you just found out here. I'm the kind of actor that talks to myself in a weird way to find whoever it is I'm looking for. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the todayilearned community. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaTEFqqti8E. [on success] Acting is the only thing I have to offer so a day doesn't go by when I don't stop and appreciate this. And Filter are fucking great live, got to see them at Islington Academy a few years back after listening to them for a decade. And the lead singer from Filter was the guitarist for Nine Inch Nails in the early 90's. I never gave myself another option. I am enjoying playing humans a little bit more now. To match and be superior in character that you would believe that I could get the upper hand on him or else the whole movie wouldn't work. You can't think about how people will perceive you or your character. I never really gave that a lot of thought. I looked to animal and insect imagery to develop the lack of substance and wasted motion that my Terminator has. He is so awesome. Among his roles, he has played nine different "Colonels" and four different "sergeants", as well as one major general. After the accident, he moved to Los Angeles at age 26. Robert Hammond Patrick Jr. was born on November 5, 1958 in Marietta, Georgia, and raised in Columbus, Ohio, the eldest of five children. Official Sites. Weird too because I randomly had Take a Picture stuck in my head all day. I had no choice. I think 90% of acting is makeup and wardrobe. |  All you can do is focus on your work. You learn something new every day; what did you learn today? fuck. After David Duchovny distanced himself from the series during its seventh season, Patrick was cast as FBI Special Agent John Doggett.On the small screen, Robert was a series regular on Season Six of HBO's True Blood (2008) and also appeared in the final season. [on his preparations when he was cast as the T-1000] My intention was just to be a good adversary for Arnold to match. Just learned that today too, but found it more interesting that Robert is a devout Christian and Patrick is an Atheist. Frequently plays corrupt, homicidal or unfriendly characters due to his intense presence and cold blue eyes. He swam for three hours in order to save the others still stranded on the accident site, while he nearly drowned in his attempt. That's brotherly love right there. That's my favorite Robert Patrick fact. After that, he landed roles in various feature films such as Last Action Hero (1993), Fire in the Sky (1993) and Striptease (1996). View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, Best movie villain portrayals in my opinion. There are many distractions. Whoa cool. I was proud of what I did in, I wouldn't trade my film school - which is basically. Everything changed one summer when he went sailing on Lake Erie. But he's one of my close top favorites. I've done 55 movies and, in all seriousness, there's maybe five that are good and the rest are crap. You learn something new every day; what did you learn today? After the accident, he moved from Ohio to Los Angeles, California. He swam for three hours in order to save the others still stranded on the accident site, while he nearly drowned in his attempt.