However I’ve found through Bacons fictional rosters he had bumped up the player BR Agg attribute. I just needed a quick tutorial on how to read gameplay sliders. But is the meter supposed to be this big on legend? I've played 10 games with these sliders. And March to October also returns with an overhauled rewards system to make it a season-long process. Given another quality-of-life pass to animations and some significant tweaks to defense, it's safe to say MLB The Show 20 plays the best it has in years—if it doesn't revert in the coming iterations, this will be looked at as a gameplay turning point for the series. Personally I cringe every time I hear that they added yet another new mode when every year so many current things need work so that’s a negative for me . Road to the Show (RttS) is back, and while the shakeups this year aren't massive, it sure doesn't hurt to see it lean even more into RPG territory. And to wait on the minor league rosters to get more fleshed out. Looking good! Was the sliding nerf enough in the Black Ops Cold War beta? I'm a classic guy, but can't do it on Legend. One thing I didn't see mentioned in the thread thus far that might have been a misunderstanding - the "tiered perks/quirks" thing appears to be tied to the new mode "Showdown" and not RTTS. Tough to say with limited info. I guess the tough part would be changing the CPU stamina and Manager Hook between simming to each appearance but it could be done. We have been asking for years now to have the option to turn it off but clearly they don't want it. Using this sliders with classic pitching and directional hitting and it feels good, realistic outcomes. Showdown within Diamond Dynasty is the other big talking point as a new mode. Only hit one HR. Remember, Scooter Gennett hit 4 HR in a game... records are meant to be broken. It leaves me with very low pitch counts every game... How big of an impact do you think the new patch will be on the set? I play on HOF with max pitch speeds, challenging for sure. Crazy things happen everyday in the sports world that would look like major outliers in a video game. Because 5 is the default. ), Umpire Close Plays – On (new replays this year are great), Human Contact – 5 or 6 (depends on your circumstances. I’ve always wondered why most slider sets don’t have pitch speed all the way up. Read more details below. Custom leagues takes a long time to master. The crowds look great and varied, there's a ton of noise and chatter surrounding the game itself, players react well when things happen, and broadcast-style previews and postgame details stand out. On a details note—and this series majors in the minors in that regard—one glaring exception has finally been fixed thanks to using full licensed minor league rosters. Hey guys, having fun with the show. Also, feel free to scope out Mike Lowe’s website and his YouTube page if you want to follow his work. For those struggling with 30-team control, I have not encountered any glitches whatsoever; it works exactly the same as in years' past. What changes do you recommend if playing with classic/directional? How do I make it smaller or harder? Sounds like you should go to legend in the OP then dude! Loving the new blocked balls by catcher system and new catcher tags animations. Awards Cal Ripken Jr. has been added to the 8th Inning Program in MLB The Show... Enthusiast Gaming, Inc. | All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service. The customer didn't change, they moved on to other things, modes, or games entirely. I'm planning to release a beta set tonight for people to provide feedback on this week. I am really liking the sliders so far. Both teams ended up with 13 hits a piece. Likewise in the outfield, the new extreme catch indicator works in small, important details like first step momentum. I would imagine if there was anything substantial, it would show the tag as well. Personally I love that camera. I put pitch speed up and now dominant pitchers throwing hard are tough to hit on five I was turning on everything now it feels more natural can still turn on 97 plus when you get in hitters counts. Playing on zone hitting (hall of fame). Anyway, great set and thanks. I played 3 games today with the current set and saw a good variety of results. I used Baseball Reference a lot, but also just good old fashioned Google. There, challenges on the field in the moment give players the chance to increase their character's skills or their progression in one of the personality traits. Is meter still somewhat ratings based? The crowd reactions on the audio don't seem to match up with the action well at all times. Their starter K'd me 7 times. The Postseason Events series has kicked off with the Wild Card event today in MLB The... MLB The Show 20 game update 1.19 is available. 33% of my hits are HRs that seems insanely high. Total HR's for Yankees was 6 to the Mets 2. :waytogo: Only just played my first game with these but im already sold. Mike, any thoughts about changing the errors sliders? It doesn't mean it's slow or anything like that, but it matches at 5 across all game modes. They had 9 HR's and 21 hits. I recently reached out to you via twitter as well so I apologize if I’m bugging! Not after today's patch. The Show doesn't change in some areas, though. Mike in case your interested..I have been testing Franchise play with your V1 2019 sliders.. Looking forward to the journey with these Mets... lol. The no doubt homer camera??? Also way too many foul balls and everyone is an opposite field hitter but I am seeing more ground balls. More challenging but still too much control pitching. Any suggestions on slider changes if I want to play with directional hitting? Gameplay is littered with the little updates like a new hitting tier, constituting two perfects in timing and contact that reward a skillful manipulation of timing and aim. Yeah I still think MTO is a good idea, just needs some nurturing. Mike plays the game a lot and cares deeply about finding sliders that work for the games he invests lots of time into. If not all good man. I’m using 6 currently), CPU Manager Hook – 5 (bullpen at 8, and sim at 8), Injury Frequency – 6 (7 is more realistic, but can create depth issues w only 90 players), Trade Frequency – (5 for Spring Training, 1 for April, 3 for May, 4 for June, 5 for July 1-29th, 10 for July 30-31st, 0 for rest of the regular season, 5 for offseason). So “-5” would have the slider bar right in the middle for that particular slider? Enjoying the sliders so far. It provides some cool little tidbits, so we just wanted to quickly run through some of the bullet points from the trailer. This morning I played 3 more games with a few tweaks. Please if you can lmk if I’m way off on this and again I apologize I know it’s something stupid but always confuses me! I’m a little confused ...I’m a Cpu vs Cpu guy and outside of a small tweak here and there I’m running my franchise with your sliders. 5 is too slow. If your going to use Mikes sliders with classic pitching let me suggest a few tweaks.. Well on the OP its at 4 i'm talking about for the CPU power. Doesn't have to be perfect. So i have a lot of reference points to how the end of 19's sliders felt and played. Great to hear they’ve further improved the defense part of the game. Currently using your Madden 20 sliders and am having a blast...no brainer to try your MLB 20 stuff when they get released. Should Black Ops Cold War implement a ranked system in casual modes? Auto just helps save time. That might be a record in all my years playing the Show lol. We’ll see how it goes. Still hate the name but love that it’s in the new game. So i have a lot of ways to test sliders for you. The customers didn't magically change when they decided to abandon improving, updating, or fixing franchise modes. Hi Mike, every year I use your sliders. Should Black Ops Cold War implement a ranked system in casual modes? Theoretically, could you use these for RTTS as well? that when you look at SDS as a company has very little money making opportunity, whereas adding card games and quick new games where you can challenge you friends and it doesn't take 3 hours to finish a game are what makes money.