The video was also nominated for Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Editing, Best Direction, Best Special Effects and Best Female Video. Everyone around knew.”. “I still have so many stories to share,” Stoner told PEOPLE. Among many other things, the video featured a 10-year-old Alyson Stoner, You know Alyson from her early work in these videos (duh), from her Disney Channel days in shows and movies like. https://t.co/6pdqahW2kI. She also appeared on television in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. “I am so humbly grateful I have to thank God for Blessing me with amazing fans that been with me through thick & thin! Thank you for that moment!!!! “I had actually wanted to get help for some time, and my schedule didn’t allow for it,” Stoner told the magazine. Missy Elliott brings out grown-up Alyson Stoner, girl from 'Work It' video, during epic VMAs medley performance this link is to an external site … FOREVER WORKING IT @AlysonStoner #VMAS pic.twitter.com/BOxYVJUbUg. She also played Camille Gage in the “Step Up” franchise. In the original "Work It" video, Stoner appears towards the end, dancing with pigtails. Let’s just say fans were excited to see her. I celebrate y’all too!” Elliott wrote back. STONER. VMAs 2019: Missy Elliott Brought out Alyson Stoner, the Girl From Her Music Videos, to Dance to 'Work It', Phil Collins Issues Donald Trump a Cease and Desist for Playing 'In the Air Tonight' During Campaign Rally, Runaway June Says Recording New Holiday EP During 'Difficult' Year Was 'Such a Gift' (Exclusive), 2020 CMT Music Awards Announce Quarantine Video of the Year Category, Jennifer Hudson Transforms Into Aretha Franklin for 'Respect' Biopic, All the Country Music Winners From the 2020 Billboard Music Awards, Rascal Flatts Reveal Which Song Has Changed the Most for Them Over the Years, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert and More Join Lineup for Country Music Hall of Fame Fundraiser. I celebrate y’all too!& Alyson I know u were special from the moment u were in my “Work It” video break dancingkeep doing ya thang! Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! Stoner said she was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, OCT tendencies and alexithymia while in rehab. Dancer and actress Alyson Stoner, who appeared in Elliott's "Work It" video as a child, got a special spotlight. ALYSON. #VMAs pic.twitter.com/rxuu3xFcZu, I love that Alyson Stoner is at the #VMAs the night Missy Elliott gets her Vanguard Award pic.twitter.com/nACQMBiFkJ. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. By creating an account, you verify that you are at least 13 years of age, and have read and agree to the PopCulture.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, By Daniel S. Levine Missy Elliott’s MTV Video Music Awards performance had plenty of epic moments, including when she reunited with Alyson Stoner, who was a child dancer in the original music video for the hip-hop legend's song “Work It.”. I love that Alyson Stoner is at the #VMAs the night Missy Elliott gets her Vanguard Award , MISSY BROUGHT OUT ALYSON STONER FOR WORK IT!!!!! So, please let this be just the first of many nostalgic reunions! Outside her career as a dancer, Stoner appeared in Cheaper By The Dozen (2003), Step Up (2006), Step Up 3D (2010), Step Up: All In (2014) and Summer Forever (2015). Goldmind Among many other things, the video featured a 10-year-old Alyson Stoner … Stoner has been busy since she made her breakthrough in “Work It.” She’s been a dancer for other artists — including Eminem and Will Smith — and she hosted Disney Channel’s “Mike’s Super Short Show” from 2002 to 2007. Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter! They knew. Copyright 2018 PopCulture.com. She can also be spotted in Eminem's "Just Lose It" and the Kumbia Kings' "No Tengo Dinero" videos. Dinner on the table in 30 minutes! Reporting on what you care about. Back in 2003, Missy Elliott's music video for "Work It" won Video of the Year at the Video Music Awards.