Let us know in the comments below. Gomez made the debut performance of the song at the 2019 American Music Awards on November 24, 2019. So, it sounds like a relationship with another singer went bad; and Selena is particularly accusing this person of deriving joy from her suffering; and then she talks about how she let her own purpose burn, as if though she just didn't have the strength to fight back, and to say “no, I have to stand up for myself”, I needed to lose you to find methis dance, it was killing me softlyI needed to hate you to love me, yeah.

Selena Gomez herself! Let's jump into these lyrics, of “Lose You To Love Me” by Selena Gomez; Verse One. to get that purpose back; but then she sings “I needed to hate you to love me”, because apparently staying away wasn't powerful enough. "[17] Craig Jenkins of Vulture praised its lyrics, noting: "It was a gamble trusting that the lyrics to this song would sell it on their own, but it was a wise one.
Gomez revealed in April 2019 that she was working on new music. Whether she means the album or the literal purpose or both, everything seems dubious.

1 on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Lose You to Love Me, "Selena Gomez Preaches Self-love on 'Lose You to Love Me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJDTxahav0, "How to Watch the 2019 American Music Awards on TV and Online", "Selena Gomez to Perform at 2019 American Music Awards", "Selena Gomez opens up about abuse she experienced in a past relationship", "Fans Think Selena Gomez's New Song, "Lose You to Love Me," Is About Justin Bieber", "The Quiet Strength of Selena Gomez's 'Lose You to Love Me, "2020 iHeartRadio Music Awards Nominees Revealed: See the Full List", "BreakTudo Awards 2020: Blackpink is nominated in 5 categories", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Billboard Argentina Hot 100)", Australian-charts.com – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", Austriancharts.at – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", Ultratop.be – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Canada CHR/Top 40)", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Canada Hot AC)", "Top 20 Costa Rica General - Del 16 al 22 de Diciembre, 2019", "Top 100 Ecuador – Semana 48 del 2019 – Del 22/11/2019 al 28/11/2019", "EESTI TIPP-40: Eesti rahvas jumaldab Kanye Westi värsket gospel-oopust", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Euro Digital Song Sales)", "lescharts.com - Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me", Offiziellecharts.de – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Greece Official IFPI Charts Digital Singles", "Guatemala Top 20 General del 18 al 24 de Noviembre, 2019", "TÓNLISTINN – Vika 48 – 2019; Plötutíðindi", "Top Singoli – Classifica settimanale WK 44", "2019 44-os savaitės klausomiausi (TOP 100)", "The Official Lebanese Top 20 Chart Archive", "Top 20 Most Streamed International & Domestic Singles In Malaysia", Recording Industry Association of Malaysia, "Selena Gomez Chart History (Mexico Airplay)", Dutchcharts.nl – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", Charts.nz – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Top 20 Panama General - Del 16 al 22 de Diciembre, 2019", Portuguesecharts.com – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", "SloTop50 – Slovenian official singles chart", Swisscharts.com – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)", "Selena Gomez Chart History (Dance Mix/Show Airplay)", "Single Top 100 - eladási darabszám alapján - 2019", "Top AFP - Audiogest - Top 3000 Singles + EPs Digitais", "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2020 Singles", Australian Recording Industry Association, "Austrian single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Ultratop − Goud en Platina – singles 2019", "Canadian single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Danish single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", https://twitter.com/snep/status/1305411500409053184, "French single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique, "Italian single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "New Zealand single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", "Polish single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You to Love Me", Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry, "Spanish single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You To Love Me", "British single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You To Love Me", "American single certifications – Selena Gomez – Lose You To Love Me", Recording Industry Association of America, "Selena Gomez's 'Lose You to Love Me' Is Only One Sleep Away", "Hot/Modern/AC Future Releases | Hot Adult Contemporary Rock Songs and Release Dates", "Top 40/M Future Releases | Mainstream Hit Songs Being Released and Their Release Dates ...", "SELENA GOMEZ "Lose You To Love Me" | (Radio Date: 08/11/2019)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lose_You_to_Love_Me&oldid=983520327, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Costa Mesa Recording Studios (Newport, California), Westlake Recording Studios (West Hollywood, California), Chalice Recording Studios (Hollywood, California), "Lose You to Love Me" (Demo Version) – 3:39, Recorded and tracked at Costa Mesa Recording Studios (, Strings recorded and edited at The Calm Studio (, Mattias Bylund – string arranger, recorder and editor, strings, Bart Schoudel – engineer, vocal producer, studio personnel, Ryan Dulude – assistant recording engineer, Gavin Finn – assistant recording engineer, studio personnel, John Hanes – mix engineer, studio personnel, This page was last edited on 14 October 2020, at 18:18. You can get lyrics writing advice, prompts, discounts on courses, and sometimes even 1-on-1 help.

The lyrics are not a gentle, amicable explanation of the separation; they are a truthful expression of the hurt and disillusionment she felt in reflection of the relationship. This is one of the reasons why I don’t like boys. Love hurts guys! The singer goes hysterical over the chorus of ‘Lose You To Love Me’. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The song is the fourth track on the standard edition of Rare, and the second on the deluxe edition.

But the day is finally here!
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The accompanying music video premiered on YouTube coinciding with the song's release.