Discover and share Quotes By The Giver Lily. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. "Having you here with me over the past year has made me realize that things must change.

Chapter 4. "He liked the feeling of safety here in this warm and quiet room; he liked the expression of trust on the woman's face as she lay in the water unprotected, exposed, and free." For years I've felt that they should, but it seemed so hopeless. “Maybe we could even keep him,” Lily suggested sweetly, trying to look … Chapter 13. The Giver knows doing the right thing is not always respected, and can make one easier to control. Someone who lives for nothing is capable of anything, while someone dedicated to an ideal is vulnerable because they have something to lose. Now for the first time I think there might be a way," The Giver said slowly. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. While this lost childhood is undoubtedly appealing, Jonas’s innate insight, sharpened under the Giver’s tutelage, cuts off any possibility of grasping Lily’s innocence or Asher’s total assimilation. "They were satisfied with their lives, which had none of the vibrance his own was taking on.

It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to …