While the club has yet to announce the signing of Cronulla’s James Maloney, May is considered a long-time five-eighth or ball-playing forward down the line. The 28-year-old has quickly become a fan favourite down in the nation's capital and is widely regarded as one of the best number nines in the competition.

Josh Hodgson (centre) has impressed for the Raiders England hooker Josh Hodgson will remain with Canberra Raiders until the end of 2018 after confirming he has signed a two-year contract extension. The Canberra Raiders have continued the re-signing of their biggest stars, with Josh Hodgson agreeing to a new deal with the club until the end of the 2022 season. Parramatta Eels: What the hell went wrong in 2018. PENRITH has sewn up another young star following the re-signing of Dylan Edwards just last week. News. Parramatta have farewelled 11 players following their finals exit at the hands of the South Sydney Rabbitohs. “They had Jake Friend who’s such a great player, he had a great game (against the Sea Eagles on Sunday).

“I was always focused on staying here and I never really wanted to leave,” May said. His extension comes after Panthers boss Phil Gould also locked in fullback Dylan Edwards for at least the next three seasons. And Canberra followed suit, extending the contract of a big name. Considering he has now signed a contract that will take him until the end of the 2022 season, Hodgson is likely to finish his career in Australia. Hodgson had one more year remaining on his current deal however the Raiders moved quickly to tie up the English international amid interest from rival clubs. A 24-20 triumph with Josh Hodgson, Sia Soliola, John Bateman, Corey Horsburgh, Emre Guler, Curtis Scott and Bailey Simonsson all out injured off … He has also played 13 matches for his country since 2014. Tyrone May of the Panthers.Source:Getty Images.

Bathurst 2020: Supercars news, Camaro joining, Scott McLaugh... AFL news: Geelong defeats Brisbane Lions, Matthew Richardson... NRL news: Penrith Panthers defeat South Sydney Rabbitohs 202... AFL news: Wayne Carey blasts North Melbourne over Rhyce Shaw... Cricket news 2020: Pat Cummins half century, IPL, Kolkata Kn... Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. "We see Josh as one of the club's most important players as we continue to bring stability to the NRL squad and to have him sign with us until the end of 2018 helps us build a squad which we believe will be successful.

... Canberra have re-signed star hooker Josh Hodgson until the end of the 2022 NRL season. A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. The Englishman has revealed that the opportunity to play in the starting line-up at Canberra got the deal over the line. ", Josh Hodgson (centre) has impressed for the Raiders, Liverpool ask PL to look into derby-day VAR decisions, Liverpool await extent of Van Dijk, Thiago injuries, Klopp rages over 'legitimate' disallowed goal, Premier League games on Pay Per View: Need to knows, Is Ritson world class? Credit: Getty ... Canberra crowd favourite John Bateman has dropped a contract bombshell in NRL grand final week, revealing he could ask for a release if he can't secure an upgrade. “When the (contract) offer came up, I just accepted and was really happy and excited. “In my eyes, I’d worked so hard to get a starting spot at Hull KR, so I’d find it hard to come here and not really play, so I said no to that. Sign up, Join the conversation, you are commenting as Logout. “Canberra’s been a home away from home for us and I know my wife Kirby and I have really enjoyed our time here and want this to be our home for the next few years as we raise our family,” Hodgson said on Monday. The Raiders are confident co-captain Josh Hodgson will be 100 per cent fit for Sunday's Grand Final. “Your career’s so short, it was just one of my things that I knew I’d regret if I retired and didn’t at least try to come over. PENRITH have re-signed their second youngster in less than a week, extending the contract of Tyrone May until the end of the 2020 NRL season. “If I came to the Roosters I was going to play more NSW Cup than anything. Canberra have re-signed star hooker Josh Hodgson until the end of the 2022 NRL season.

“I always used to watch the comp growing up and I was rugby league mad so any game I could watch I’d sit down and watch it,” Hodgson said. Josh Hodgson of Canberra Raiders contract information, NRL news, stats and rumours.

It’s really good that Panthers have shown faith in me even though I’ve got an injury.”. Canberra Raiders star hooker Josh Hodgson has sensationally revealed that the turned down the Sydney Roosters before joining the Canberra Raiders in 2015. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. "It's great to get something sorted for the next few years," he said. I’m confident he has a long and successful career ahead.”.

“When the (contract) offer came up, I just accepted and was really happy and excited.

"The club was eager for me to stay and I was eager to stay as well because I love it here in Canberra.".

The new contract is an extension of his current deal which finishes at the end of the 2018 season and makes him the first player to be signed with the Raiders until 2022.

Prograis would prove it, Josh Hodgson signs two-year contract extension with Canberra, We would like your feedback, please fill in our survey. All times AEDT (GMT +11). The hooker played from 2009-2014 in England, firstly with Hull FC and then Hull Kingston Rovers. Josh Hodgson: Star hooker almost signed with Sydney Roosters before deal with Canberra Raiders. Hodgson has only featured since round 15 in 2018 after an ACL injury kept him out of much of the season. In the Green Machine's last five games with Hodgson, they have won three and controversially lost the other two against the Broncos and Sharks. “I nearly came over the year before with the Roosters, but it just wasn’t meant to be,” Hodgson told Sunday Night with Matty Johns. Canberra chief executive Don Furner said: "We had high hopes for Josh when we recruited him from the English Super League at the beginning of last year and he has delivered over and above in terms of what he brings to the club both on and off the field. “Tyrone is another local junior who has been a part of the Panthers development system since he was 15 years of age,” Gould said. The former Hull KR captain joined the NRL club initially on a two-year deal at the end of the 2014 season and is delighted to extend his stay. Originally published asPanthers secure young gun, Raiders re-sign star, To join the conversation, please Log in. Join the conversation, you are commenting as, news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site, Panthers secure young gun, Raiders re-sign star. However the 21-year-old tore his ACL in their semi-final loss to Brisbane.

https://stevemascord.com/2016/01/20/the-a-list-josh-hodgson-canberra-england MORE: Parramatta Eels: What the hell went wrong in 2018? “It was exciting to see him come through to NRL level last season and he acquitted himself brilliantly. Don't have an account?

“We are grateful to have him as part of our club. Since his early days of watching rugby league, he always wanted to play in the world's best competition.

England hooker Josh Hodgson will remain with Canberra Raiders until the end of 2018 after confirming he has signed a two-year contract extension. In the five matches Hodgson has played in since his return from injury, he has four try assists, scored one himself, forced a drop out, and is averaging 95 kicking metres, almost 38 tackles and 47 running metres. “Once the opportunity came to get a crack and come down to Canberra, I was really open to it.”, https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sportal_com_au/58/3/josh-hodgson_4g8xnnbk21qk1eucrjy0ttwl2.jpg?t=-973189956&w=500&quality=80. “The next year I got offered a starting spot at the Raiders and everything else panned out from there.”. NRL Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020. May deputised for former skipper Matt Moylan in the back half of this season when the five-eighth was in and out of the team due to injury and personal issues.