The nose certainly has juniper, but I find the musky hint of rose lightens it and gives it a floral forward impression. I will share my OPINION at that point. Hendrick's Gin is best served in a martini garnished with a cucumber or on the rocks. But heard rumors that they where discontinuing. A dull warmth of the spirit emanates quietly from the back of the palate. I’m working through the St. George line now and am really enjoying theirs. ..as some have said I too am no gin expert either and my gin drinks consist of gin & tonics. Sweet orange, lime zest and a hint of elderflower as well. I need to get a bottle of Sipsmith for sure. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Big Gin drinker, as Hendricks is my new Go to. Not the value of it’s high price!! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. If you go to a dive bar and ask the bartender for a gin drink, it’s happened nearly half a dozen times where she’ll go to the olive tub and a bottle of Hendrick’s. This design is timeless perfection and Hendrick’s would be insane to alter it. Alcohol proof is 44% not 47% as stated in your review, World best gin hendrick’s its smooth and nice teast. Firstly, process-wise the gin is distilled using a Carter-head still. Average folks are tired of the peculiar marketing, the cucumber shaped blimps and the reverse marriage proposals. This was despite numerous recommendations. I do not found any cucumber or rose pedals there. “Hendrick’s: a Brand History.”, Ellwood, Mark. And she now has her own experimental laboratory in the £13 million new distillery Hendrick’s Gin Palace, a mock Victorian palm house opened on the Girvan site in the south-west of Scotland on October 1 st 2018. As I am sure you are wondering, if Hendricks Gin was first produced in 1999, then why does the label on the bottle clearly displays 1886! While it may not be the bold, unusual brand we once knew, it lead the way for others to follow in its slipstream. My responsibility and obligation to submitted samples is simply to taste them and review them objectively as possible, nothing more. ( Log Out /  The finish brings the hero botanicals out to play with rose and cucumber taking hold. And the gin revival is showing no signs of slowing down with the number of UK distilleries increasing by a fifth to 131 last year – double the number in 2012. link to Edinburgh Plum and Vanilla Gin Review. And it is now much overpriced. Where is Hendrick’s Gin Made? A true pioneer of marketing and flavour, Hendrick’s remains a gin that wouldn’t be out of place on any shelf! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. As gin is usually a cocktail spirit, here’s how I thought this one held up in a trio of classic drinks…. There’s a good hit of juniper there too, while late palate there’s a warm spice of the cubeb and the bitterness of the yarrow. It’s no longer the only game in town, but it’s still a game worth checking out. There’s a good hit of juniper there too, while late palate there’s a warm spice of the cubeb and the bitterness of the yarrow. []))), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!! I had it years ago and I did not care for it, especially as a fan of Tanqueray No. Hendrick’s is made by combining the output of two separate stills, and we can’t believe that it’s taken us so long to try it. There’s no harshness and the juniper taste come through so clearly. The rose and cucumber add summer-y, pastoral element that’s, dare I say, unrivaled. The herbs give this a slightly earthy, baking spice quality – ginger, allspice, and a little cardamom with a dose of black pepper coming in towards the end. The railroad-themed Eight & Sand Blended Bourbo…. The Gin Geek recommends Hendrick’s with ice, Fever-Tree Indian Tonic Water plus a wedge of orange to garnish. In particular the following three are great to make yourself. But that doesn’t mean I’m a novice at drinking gin and martinis—I started that about 20 years ago, and almost exclusively bombay sapphire (sad to say). This “Most Iconoclastic Gin” is infused with Bulgarian roses and cucumbers among many other ingredients to give it a unique aroma and flavor profile. Beefeater is a classic London dry gin, with a juniper- and citrus-forward recipe that dates … Monkey 47. Notes of soaked rose petal, lime, Persian cucumbers, Earl Grey Tea and a surprising bitterness. At the Girvan Distillery, she teamed up with distiller David Stewart and set about experimenting with two old stills the company had purchased sometime in the 60’s. Those two notes are the reason why people who might have written off gin as “just juniper” came back. It’s my second favorite Gin, with Blue Sapphire my number one. I love Hendrick’s in a Bee’s Knees, as well as in Sasha Petraske’s riff on that classic, the Business. I suppose if you don’t care for a strong gin and like the floral bouquet it would be OK–I like your “gateway” comment, but not for me. What I see as a newer gin drinker is that there are many, many choices out there and what could be better than that? An identical second pot still was made to the exact specifications of the original, and the two now flank the Carterhead still in a space that echoes the botanical Victoriana of the marketing. Samples allow me to broaden my experience and content more so than I would by simply my own limited budget, so I am grateful to all those that support me in this way. Review – Hendrick’s Gin Creating a brand identity that stands out from the crowd in the increasingly competitive gin market is a trick that not every product manages to pull off. The gin made in the Carterhead using an infusion basket which allowed the alcohol vapor to pass through the ingredients, was lighter  and dominated by spice and herb notes. A wonderful alternative gin for an alternative mood. It’s much more fragrant than London gins, and you can keep your pink gins in your oversized fishbowls thank you very much. Always stands out amongst the other gins on the bar shelf. Sitting on top of that Hendrick’s has a surprising amount of citrus, especially mid-palate where orange and lime again resurface, almost with a candy-lik…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n a Martini: As with a gin and tonic, a Hendrick’s martini might not have the icy edge and wallop a more juniper-forward gin might bring, instead it’s a more subtle, sly, complex wallop. The nose definitely has that classic juniper, but there’s the strong floral notes of rose there as well. Consuming Hendrick’s is best kept simple. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. In a Negroni:  While I find that Hendrick’s makes a very good Negroni, I also feel like the drink needs a little tweaking to make a truly stellar Negroni. Now that I’m branching out, and realizing that aforementioned Bombay is NOT all there is, I’m having fun trying all the different gins—contemporaries and classics—that are out there. Drawing from a romanticized Victorian pool, the brand image mixed olde tyme apothecaries, botany, hand-tinted colors, a little bit of Monty Python-esque animation, a dash of Rube Goldberg, and a hint of steam punk into a whimsical, penny-farthing and plumage approach that immediately resonated with younger, nostalgia-prone drinkers. It doesn’t, and never has done anything for me straight up. “Steampunk Meets Science at New Hendrick’s Distillery in Scotland.”, “Hendrick’s Gin Reviewed on Gin Foundry.”, “Hendrick’s Gin | Premium Scottish Gin Infused with Cucumber & Rose.”, “Lesley Gracie, Hendrick’s Gin Master Distiller.”, Good to see MGP getting a little creative with their many whiskeys.