made perfidious Albion reel For those who died that Eastertide In the springing of the year. Rang out in the foggy dew.

out its fold on the foggy dew They hung out that flag of war. and back to and fro in dreams I'll go Right proudly high over Dublin town by each shining blade a prayer was said But the Angelus bell o'er the Liffy's swell but the bravest fell, and the requiem bell oh slavery fled oh glorious dead Irish Song Lyrics - Foggy Dew (the) As down the glen one Easter morn. and my heart with grief was sore Their graves we'd keep where the Fenians sleep Sailed in from the foggy dew. Or fought with Cathal Bruagh, for I parted then with valiant men Strong men came hurrying through; Did sound its loud tattoo. Did sound its loud tattoo But had they died by Pearse's side As down the glen one Easter morn To a city fair rode I. And the world did gaze in deep amaze While Brittania's sons with their long-range guns There armoured lines of marching men. “The Foggy Dew” is the name of an Irish folk song that’s existed since at least 1840, but has a different melody and lyrics.

did shine o're the lines of steel To a city fair rode I. No pipe did hum, no battle drum And from the plains of Royal Meath But the Angelus bell o'er the Liffy's swell. Who bore the fight that freedom's light then back through that glen I rode again Than at Suvla or Sud el Bar. At those fearless men and true That small nations might be free. when the morning broke still the war flag shook Irish feelings about the Easter Rising Foggy Dew Videos Lyrics and Chords. Rang out in the foggy dew. The Foggy Dew is one of the most remarkable songs to have emerged out of the Easter Rising staged by Irish nationalists in 1916. it was England bade our wild geese go In squadrons passed me by. mid the leaded rail seven tongues of flame No pipe did hum, no battle drum. when you fell in the foggy dew. There armoured lines of marching men and I'll kneel and pray for you On the fringe of the grey North Sea. In squadrons passed me by. Might shine through the foggy dew. 'Twas better to die 'neath an Irish sky
Their lonely graves are by Suvla's waves that to Ireland her sons be true oh the night fell black and the rifle's crack Rang mournfully and clear

It was written by Canon Charles O’Neill who was a parish priest at … whom I never shall see more

'Neath the shroud of the foggy dew.