Please try again. Patti Lupone is the best Evita. Schedule. it is terrific. It is one of my favorite Broadway shows. Evita (Original, Musical, Drama, Broadway) opened in New York City Sep 25, 1979 and played through Jun 26, 1983. I left my first copy in a car that was totaled, and needed another one. I don't know who the singers were. When this came out I saw it with Patti Lupon & Mandy Patinkin as Che. Back I was in the 4th row in the same week. I have the record, I went to the show. Chris Colfer Talks About His Book 'A Tale of Witchcraft', VIRTUE Starring Joshua Henry and Margaret Colin to Stream on BOD. Loosely based on the life of Eva Peron, the charismatic wife of post-World War II Argentine president Juan Peron, Rice's compelling story of one woman's rise from poverty to power is complemented by Lloyd Webber's colorful music as propelled by vigorous Latin rhythms. Reviewed in the United States on December 31, 2018. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Evita was Andrew Lloyd Webber's last show with Tim Rice before he went on to projects with less interesting collaborators, so it's no surprise that it remains his most consistently involving and rewarding work. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. in "Goodnight and Thank You" was now "Up yours!") Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2009. It is not highlights from the show, it is the entire 1st half, and that is it. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. And "Dangerous Jade" had been revised to become "Peron's Latest Flame." Unable to add item to List. I have listened to all popular renditions of Evita. Audio CD, Cast Recording, October 25, 1990, Audio, Cassette, Cast Recording, October 17, 1990. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Saw the musical on Bway and it's been my favorite all these years. Update: Broadway Shutdown Extends Through May 2021. The liner notes, apparently written when it was an album, gives the names of the songs on the 3rd and 4th sides of the second album. but this CD only gives you track 3 and 4 of the original CD music track. Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2020. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita, which began as a concept album in 1976 and had its first stage incarnation in London in 1978, finally came to the U.S. in 1979 with a production that opened in Los Angeles and moved to San Francisco for multi-week engagements before landing on Broadway on September 25 to begin a Tony-winning, 1,568-performance run. Update: Broadway Shutdown Extends Through May 2021. ("The back of beyond" in "Eva and Magaldi" became "the sticks," while "Get stuffed!" Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2016. What's New on BroadwayHD for October 2020? Broadway Cast Original cast includes: Patti LuPone, Bob Gunton, Mandy Patinkin. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. However, in this package was only one CD, the first half. (You couldn't say that about London's Elaine Paige.) Returned. Needless to say, this album is heaven to me. When I ordered this I did not realize I was ordering the entire show music. Mandy Patinkin is Che, the Greek-chorus character commenting on and criticizing the Perons, and his tenor is sweet on the ballads and powerful on the driving numbers. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 1, 2015. THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL: LIVE ON STAGE Available on DVD Nov. 3. I believe this was intentional, there was no mention of a 2nd CD and no second slot for it. This is one of the reasons why I trust Amazon and continue to shop with them. But Patti Lu Pone also became a star here, fearlessly bringing out Evita's strident self-interest without attempting to gain the audience's sympathy. But Patti Lu Pone also became a star here, fearlessly bringing out Evita's strident self-interest without attempting to gain the audience's sympathy. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Some people might call some of the compositions crass, but it all comes together so well with these fine performers. on a positive note; when I notified Amazon.ca that I wanted to return it because it was short the one disc, I received an immediate reply, a mailing label and a refund shortly thereafter. LuPone has also sung in Sweeney Todd, Anything Goes and the London role for Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard.SB was definately within her legato range and was atypical of the experieces that normally I would say, "wait until broadway" but LuPone also starred in London for Fantine in Les Mis- she is one of a few who have successfully done this. Get news, photos & more. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United States on March 9, 2020. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. What is on the CD is great, however, it is only the first half the show. I thought I was going to hate it. Evita Email Alerts. ... VIDEO: WICKED Casts Reunite For a Musical Dispatch from Oz on Voting! Evita is a concept album released in 1976 and produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.Having successfully launched their previous show, Jesus Christ Superstar, on record in 1970, Lloyd Webber and Rice returned to the format for Evita.The album was recorded at Olympic Studios in London from April to September 1976 and released in the United Kingdom on 19 November 1976. --David Horiuchi. "The Lady's Got Potential" had been deleted, and there was a new song, "The Art of the Possible," which, with its musical-chairs staging, was more effective in the theater than on record. Usually you get an "album" and only th better know songs are recorded. Evita Off-Broadway, Evita Current Cast List, Original Cast, Current Cast. The showstopper, of course, is "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," but the score is full of gems, including "On This Night of a Thousand Stars," "Oh, What a Circus," and "Another Suitcase in Another Hall." Also, it was a two-disc CD and I only received the second disc in the case. It wasn't. Reviewed in the United States on March 23, 2005. As played by Mandy Patinkin, who achieved Broadway stardom in the role, Che now rivaled Evita as a musical presence, the actor's elastic tenor and bravura manner drawing more attention to him. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Evita Broadway, Evita Original Cast List, Original Cast, Current Cast ... Rene Wiegert Musical Director. Many of the changes built up the role of Evita's critic, Che. LuPone is long remembered for this ALW role for which she won a Tony Award. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime. What's New on BroadwayHD for October 2020? ~ William Ruhlmann Music and words written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice 2 CD Set. The package arrived quickly and in great condition. "Don't Cry for me Argentina" is not on this CD. As played by Mandy Patinkin, who achieved Broadway stardom in the role, Che now rivaled Evita as a musical presence, the actor's elastic tenor and bravura manner drawing more attention to him.