Chart Rankings: "Evacuate the Dancefloor" made its chart debut on the Irish Singles Chart for the week ending 25 June 2009 and peaked at number two. This song is the first single and title track from German dance pop band Cascada's third album.

The single peaked within the top ten of the charts in several countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland, and the top thirty in the United States. The song peaked at number five on the German Singles Chart. In the UK, ‘Evacuate the dancefloor’ topped the Official Charts Company selling over 400.000 copies. [6], Co-writer Allan Eshuijs said that Cascada moved from their trademark anthemic Eurodance sound towards electropop because with sales of their second album, Perfect Day, marking a downward turn they decided they had to break from their formula and come up with something different.[2]. US – 25 Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In another interview with Digital Spy she explained the title of the song saying: “It’s got a double meaning, totally. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible.

However it wasn't for the third member of Cascada, producer Yanou, as back in 2002 he has collaborated with DJ Sammy on the chart-topping cover of Bryan Adams' ". It finishes with Horler singing on a spinning set of seats surrounded by the dancers. To our ears, 'Evacuate The Dancefloor' sounds like a mix of Lady GaGa, recent Britney and S Club 7's 'Don't Stop Movin'. I can’t wait to take it to the clubs. Horler explained the song title to Digital Spy: "It's got a double meaning, totally. The song features a rap by Afro-German rapper Carlprit and was released as the album's lead single on 30 June 2009.

We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. The song has also peaked at number two in Ireland and New Zealand. ), "Evacuate the Dancefloor" (Buena Vista Edit), This page was last edited on 12 June 2020, at 22:26. John Legend wrote "All Of Me" about his fiancée Chrissy Teigen. Your email address will not be published. ETDF stands for Evacuate the Dancefloor (Cascada song). The song reached the top 10 in several countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Scotland, Slovakia and Switzerland. When The Kinks released "Lola," most people didn't realize it was about a transvestite. [10] The song debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 at number eighty and peaked at number twenty-five. People's jaws are going to hit the floor when they hear it.". The British Phonographic Industry (BPI) certified it Gold. Having decided the hook line should be "something-something-dancefloor", they managed to complete the phrase by Googling for "nice words and weird combinations of words".
Dabbling in Satanism? Vocalist Natalie Horler commented on the song: "We have definitely developed the Cascada sound. I can't wait to take it to the clubs. Dwarfs on stage with an oversize Stonehenge set? It's refreshing and fun. "[1] Digital Spy added that the song is "a bit different from the Eurodance throbathons of old. We started the album [in early to mid 2008] and 'Evacuate' was one of the first songs that we recorded when Lady Gaga wasn't even around. When Group member Yannou and writer Allan Eshuijs were in the studio they decided to call the song ‘something-something-dancefloor’ they googled the rest of the title and built the story of song around it. Germany – 5 Your email address will not be published. "Evacuate the Dancefloor" is a song by German group Cascada from their third studio album of the same name.
A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs.

Someone told me they read on the Internet that we actually inspired her. On the US Billboard Hot Dance Airplay chart, the single went to number one on its 26 September 2009 issue, giving the act their third number-one single on the chart (following 2006's "Everytime We Touch" and 2008's "What Hurts the Most").

The video shows Horler, sporting a dress with a Siouxsie Sioux print, singing in front of lights in a club and surrounded by partygoers. It also became the act's third number-one single on the US Billboard Hot Dance Airplay chart and second top forty hit on the US Billboard Hot 100, following 2006's "Everytime We Touch". It then shows dancers on a dance floor with Horler singing in front of open doors and people dancing in the background. Carlprit appears singing on some seats before the camera goes back to Horler and the dancers while occasionally showing Carlprit singing the backing vocals. The song debuted at number three and peaked at number two in New Zealand.

The music video was supposed to premiere on the evening of 17 May 2009 on the Clubland website,[11] but this was postponed due to reported problems in the transportation of the film from Los Angeles to the UK. This song is more of a challenge for me to sing. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Outside Germany, the single topped the charts in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. I don't know if it's true, but that would be amazing. UK – 1 Required fields are marked *. Scaramouch, a hoople and a superhero soundtrack - see if you can spot the real Queen stories. [7] The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart for the week ending 11 July 2009, becoming the group's first UK chart-topper, beating Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" to the top spot in the week after his death.

[12] On 3 August 2010, the video received a nomination for Best Dance Video at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. It was certified Double Platinum in Canada, Platinum in Australia and New Zealand. This song is more of a challenge for me to sing. [9] The song also debuted on the German Singles Chart at number six and peaked at number five. But I didn’t have much opportunity to show that off. [2], The song received positive reviews from music critics. Codeword for when you have explosive diarrhea. I love R 'n' B and I've always had a soulful voice, but I didn't have much opportunity to show that off. "Stand By Me" hit #4 in the US when it was released in 1961, then went to #9 in 1986 when it was used in the movie of the same name. This song is more of a challenge for me to sing. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. "With Evacuate The Dancefloor, we've taken all we learnt over the last few years and moved on. It remained at the top in the United Kingdom for two weeks. Find out which Spinal Tap-moments were true for Black Sabbath. [8] It was certified gold in the country after eight weeks on the chart, selling over 7,500 copies. I can't wait to take it to the clubs. It’s refreshing and fun. [2], Seen as being counter-intuitive for what is a dancefloor-bound song, Eshuijs told HitQuarters that he and Yanou chose the title phrase because they simply wanted to say something a bit different. [3] In an interview with David Balls of Digital Spy, Horler insisted that the song was written before May 2008, stating: I don't like the term rip-off because it's a bit negative.

This was the first #1 UK hit for singer Natalie Horler and producer DJ Manian. ETDF is defined as Evacuate the Dancefloor (Cascada song) somewhat frequently. The track was featured on the Xbox 360 Kinect video game Dance Central, as well as the television advertisements for the game.

German/Zimbabwean hip hop artist Carlprit contributed the rap on this track. The video was shot in Los Angeles and shows Horler singing in a club surrounded by party goers. It's refreshing and fun. "Me And Bobby McGee" was written by Kris Kristofferson and first recorded by Roger Miller. "Evacuate the Dancefloor" is a song by German group Cascada from their third studio album of the same name. You do evolve and progress and we're very proud of what's come of it. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified it Platinum for sales over 1 million copies. Used when you need to excuse yourself, or explain why you were late. Christopher Cross with Deep Purple? The video finally premiered the next day on 18 May.

Music House wrote that the track builds "on the Europop sound Cascada pioneered" and described it as a "playful, sexy pop stomper that brings R&B, slinky soul and rap to the group's table for the first time. If the name Citizen Dick means anything to you, there's a chance you'll get some of these right. As the lyrics say, it’s about being infected by the sound and the beat being so cool that it’s just too intense for people.” When singer Natalie was asked about the song, she said: “We have definitely developed the Cascada sound. We've been around for a long time and we've worked hard for our success, so there's no reason for us to throw away everything that we're respected for. "Evacuate the Dancefloor" "Evacuate the Dancefloor" was released as the album's first single commercially in Ireland on June 15, 2009 and in the United Kingdom on June 29, 2009 by All Around the World. On July 5, 2009 it debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart. Janis Joplin's famous version turned Bobby into a boy. Cascada band was active for 5 years when they released this song. He wrote "She Blinded Me With Science" so he could direct a video about a home for deranged scientists.