Her basement rivaled any arts of crafts store, with dozens of boxes labeled with her perfect penmanship. When I moved to Tennessee, she was always eager to hear about my work and my family. We are so fortunate to have spent so many years together, and her legacy will live on for generations to come. You, Jessica are a gem just like your grandma. – Abraham Lincoln. As I listened to her voice one more time, I cried. – Alan Sachs . I’m sitting at work crying tears for you and for me. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Helping others was a part of her DNA. Such beautiful words, Jessica. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Summarizing your grandmother’s life in a short speech will seem impossible. She yelled for me to open the door and I yelled that she was wicked— clearly an influence from The Wizard of Oz. Invite friends and family to leave tributes, add stories, pictures and music. Your grandma was truly one of a kind. Leave a legacy for your grandmother by writing her a beautiful eulogy. My mom visited my grandma at her assisted living community on Monday and said that she didn't seem herself and wasn't feeling well. They were a team who served one another, yet made space for each other’s giftings. I have so many fond memories of family celebrations where the highlight was grandma’s desserts – schaum torte, banana cream pie, chocolate cherry cake and the list goes on and on. Your grandma sounds like a an amazing woman and rare gem. She loved seeing other people enjoy her food as much as she enjoyed making it. It saddens me that such good and true women, women built in a different time, are so hard to come by today. She was my last living grandparent and incredibly dear to me. I feel like I know your grandma through your words. Golodner’s special talent is in “telling stories of the moments in our lives” and in “helping us find meaning in the mundane”. I remember being in awe of her pool table in the basement always set up with arrangements for the most recent event. If you are here because you have lost your grandma or another loved one, you have my deepest condolences. Thanks for sharing Jessica. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. As a child, I didn’t realize the power of this example on my life. She was alert and told me how much she loved me and our family. Grandma knew how to throw a party – and decorate for any theme. With two days to go until our first Thanksgiving without her, I will make the pies from her recipes and know that she lives on thru me. You may read that here. It is a grief shared by every person in this room, as well as those far beyond the walls. My own beloved Gram passed away in January at age 90, and we had a similar relationship. Anyone who knew Grandma knew her love of cooking and baking. Share photos and videos, send messages and get updates. Reading example eulogies for a grandmother is the best place to start before beginning to write your eulogy. Good morning, I’m Jessica, Rick and Debbie’s eldest and Ruth’s first grandchild. I remember how excited she was when I shared I was expecting my first baby. I also locked the garage door so she couldn’t get in. – Dr. Suess. I can only pray to be like you and the exceptional grandmothers who went before us! Her husband Bill, my Papa, was there to help get them where they needed to go and build her anything she needed to go along with a theme. They were a team who served one another, yet made space for e Every time I would call her, she would be going volunteer at Christ Child or another organization.