The #Panthers have been open to deals this offseason, and here is a name to watch: WR Curtis Samuel. Having split time between running back and receiver at Ohio State, he’s finally feeling like a full-time receiver, understanding better how to run the entire route tree and do it efficiently. The Washington Redskins could use another receiver for their roster. Teams have been consistently calling about … Turner would already know how to use him and how to get him involved early and often to take some pressure of Dwayne Haskins. We don’t have to take him out. [22] Overall, he finished the 2018 season with 39 receptions for 494 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns. Many are anticipated Samuel build on a 2018 campaign that saw him catch 39 passes for 494 yards and five touchdowns, and while his numbers did increase in 2019, it wasn't a prolific breakout by any means. 11 overall to the Saints) and Malik Hooker (No. The Redskins shored up their offensive line by selecting Keith Ismael in the fifth round (156th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft. The receiver didn’t disappoint, using his world-class speed to create 10 yards of separation and hauled in a perfect deep strike from Newton. Though Samuel has been primarily used as a wide receiver with the Panthers, the former Buckeyes star proved to be a versatile receiver/running back hybrid at Ohio State. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. The Carolina Panthers quarterback convinced the disc jockey to play a song with a beat -- Migos’ “Bad and Boujee” was the choice -- and then pulled his third-year receiver toward the middle of the field to show off his moves. Curtis Samuel was going to be ... Washington_Redskins,_Carolina_Panthers_(44604418284).jpg under cc-2.0] [Statistics are sourced from pro-football-reference.com and airyards.com] Related Posts. Interestingly enough, Carolina Panthers wide receiver Curtis Samuel could be the answer. The #Panthers have been open to deals this offseason, and here is a name to watch: WR Curtis Samuel. 59 overall prospect in the country in the 2014 class, per the 247Sports Composite. While the triage of Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims Jr., and Kelvin Harmon all produced as rookies and showed upside, the team seemingly needs one more receiver to have a complete, solid four-man unit. At the end of the day, the Redskins should still explore a Samuel deal. [19] He was placed on injured reserve on November 24, 2017. Samuel was one of the fastest players at the 2017 NFL combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.31 seconds. “My thing is I’ve just got to go out and show improvement, and I’ll be talked about.". As a junior, he became a first-team All-Big Ten player in a hybrid role as a receiver and running back and declared for the draft. Teams have been consistently calling about … While most of the focus has been on Newton and his return from shoulder surgery, the 5-foot-11, 194-pound Samuel has been the star. But if the Panthers and new head coach Matt Rhule are willing to move Samuel, then the Redskins should be interested. Panthers' Curtis Samuel is 'light-years' ahead and gaining speed, Markus Golden: From unwanted to critical part of Giants' defense, Bills' defense reeling entering showdown with explosive Chiefs, Past winners say Washington's Alex Smith 'true definition' of comeback player, Why Miami Dolphins players love Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's the man', Defense leaking, Russell Wilson cooking: Five numbers on Seahawks' 5-0 start, Bye week shift might be a (rare) good break for the Chargers, Cowboys' Aldon Smith, a sack master on MNF, picks up where he left off, Broncos coach Vic Fangio forced to take more risks on defense, What the Chiefs need from new running back Le'Veon Bell, Derek Carr, MVP candidate? “With that great speed, I’m not sure any great corner would have been able to stay up with him," Rivera said. "The Panthers have been open to deals this offseason, and here is a name to watch: WR Curtis Samuel," Rapoport tweeted on Friday. This site is neither endorsed, nor sponsored by, nor affiliated with Washington Football Team or NFL Properties LLC. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Now I feel I’m able to incorporate my own things and do what the coaches want me to do. “I’m just trying to get a little more faster.