Eat. Dinner. School. Swim I love that Maggie wants to experience romance, but never lets that eclipse her love of swimming of her goal of making the Olympic trials. I’ve yet to read anything by Miranda Kenneally but I’ve heard all kinds of raves about her books. Your email address will not be published. And it's not until Maggie's away on a college visit that she realizes how much of the "typical" high school experience she's missed by being in the pool. Swim. But Levi's already earned an Olympic tryout, so Maggie feels even more pressure to succeed. Repeat. It wasn’t something to be ashamed of. I was pretty jealous when he talked to that other girl earlier, but if I tell him that, it could make things awkward between us, and that’s the last thing I need. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I wasn’t a huge fan of Catching Jordan, Miranda Kenneally’s first novel in the Hundred Oaks series. ISBN: 9781492630111. I love me a sports romance any day. Swim. Here’s my Friday Post Inspiration Pie <3, Your email address will not be published. I think many girls can relate to her, and I love the message that it’s okay to be almost-18 and still not have had a boyfriend. AUTHOR: Miranda Kenneally Maggie is a swimmer. So this is about Maggie and Levi. Considering the epilogue, I have to wonder if this the last book in the series. A real breath of fresh air in the YA world and I have to applaud Kenneally for that. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. Things I Didn’t Like : All their stories stand independently of one another. PUBLISHER: SourceBooks Fire I like how it goes with the rest of the series. Eat. Cover art, synopsis, sequels, reviews, awards, publishing history, genres, and time period. They are both so OPEN with each other. I have read a few books by this author but not this one yet. I’ve been swimming since I was little and I loved seen two people who love swimming more than anything work towards the Olympics! I’m not sure I’d survive that morning list! Many, many years ago, I was in the same boat, sister. I haven’t read anything by this author before, but this book sounds interesting. They share and talk and communicate! If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you probably know that I love Miranda Kenneally’s contemporary romances, and Coming Up for Air is another hit. Things I Cant Forget. The darn epilogue had my heart crying an entire ocean. All of Maggie's focus and free time is spent swimming. Privacy Policy, Blog Tour: The Duke of Lies by Darcy Burke (The Untouchables #9 Review), Review: Words In Deep Blue by Cath Crowley, Follow The Bookish Sisters on WordPress.com, Review: Stranger in my Arms by Lisa Kleypas, Review: You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley. Moreover he uses the example of George Bowling to narrate the uprooting of the lower middle class after World War One, which failed by searching for a way out. If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you probably know that I love Miranda Kenneally’s contemporary romances, and Coming Up for Air is another hit. First up? Maggie and Levi are both swimmers, with Olympic aspirations, Hunter is an Air Force bound- baseball player, and Georgia is a gymnast turned cheerleader. Homework Swim. I’ll be getting this one, too. If you're interested in funding for flipping message me, Great content, I enjoy reading your post. another great output. Cute cover! About Miranda Kenneally. Things I Liked : Snack. Required fields are marked *. Coming up for air, p.8 Coming Up for Air, p.8 Part #8 of Hundred Oaks ... MIRANDA KENNEALLY SERIES: Hundred Oaks . Shower. Snack I haven’t heard of this book yet, but I’ll have to remember it for when I’m feeling like contemporaries! http://www.yycsepticservices.ca/. AUTHOR: Miranda Kenneally Lost your password? They even got the cover models right, right down to Maggie’s unruly brown waves, Levi’s gray t-shirts, and how much taller Levi is than Maggie. lol , Totally! Coming Up for Air. But as Maggie slowly starts to uncover new feelings for Levi, how much is she willing to sacrifice in the water to win at love? It is the perfect summer book. Instead she writes, and works for the State Department in Washington, D.C., where George W. Bush once used her shoulder as an armrest. That’s the beauty of books! ), and while I do have my favorites, I devoured every single book. Change ). Stealing Parker. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Loved the whole story and the epilogue at the end! This one revolves around the sport of swimming, and I know next to nothing about competitive swimming, so it was cool to learn a little bit while I was reading. i agree roxy didn’t seem to have much to her other han her rivalry with maggie . Homework. It’s all about swimmers, and friendship, and falling for your best friend. So is Coming Up for Air my favorite Kenneally book yet? So excited to share my Q&A with @kamigarcia on the, TFW you actually win a Goodreads giveaway, Follow The Candid Cover – YA Book Blog on WordPress.com, Review: Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco, Review: In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren, Giveaway: The Magic Ingredient by Lindy Miller, Amazon Giveaway: Christmas Charms by Teri Wilson, Halloween Giveaway: Meowloween Giveaway Hop, Review: One Way or Another by Kara McDowell, Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Keep up the great work Miranda!Gretta HewsonVeritable House Cleaning Warwick NY site info, This is my first book of Kenneally's, and it won't be my last! After all, they already spend a lot of time together. Maggie may want to be with Levi, but she won’t let that take precedent over swimming. STATUS IN MY LIBRARY: I have all the others in my library, and yes, they are popular. Growing up in Tennessee, Miranda Kenneally dreamed of becoming an Atlanta Brave, a country singer (cliché! She has no time for romantic relationships since she’d rather use all of her free time training her heart out and trying to get a college scholarship. PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Fire Here’s my Friday Reads, This sounds like a cute read. IN A NUTSHELL. GENRE: Young Adult, Romance, Sports, Contemporary. Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Swim. Looks like a nice summer read Have a great weekend! GENRE: contemporary romance, sports School. I would have given this book five stars had it not been for the description of wicked little boys killing baby birds for fun.https://www.svgtoyota.com/www.svgmotors.com/, Yasss! New Release Spotlight: September 29, 2020, New Release Spotlight: September 22, 2020, Appropriate length to tell the story: 5/5, Sexuality: high; intense making out; second and third base crossed; intercourse (once; nothing described); teens talk about “hooking up” casually, as if it is something everyone does in high school; Maggie is the only virgin character–all her friends have long sexual histories, Drugs/Alcohol: very mild; one reference to past raiding of parents’ liquor cabinet. If you’ve read the entire Hundred Oaks series the same thing will happen to your heart, I’m warning you. With her best friend Levi Lucassen by her side the entire way, they both train hard almost every day. Click to select the duration you give consent until. ), I was absolutely enthralled with Maggie’s competitive swimming world. We're two sisters with a massive love for reading and reviewing (mostly) contemporary romance books. The way the characters, and especially one of the teachers, approached sex was really well done. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). All in all it`s a very interesting and especially emotional book.click https://www.concretecontractorscharleston.com, As with Orwell’s other books, I loved his endearing trademark of dry wit and humor in his powerful storytelling. If you have this series in your library, you will definitely need to add this one, which is the eighth in the series. I felt like Roxy was a super one dimensional character. Homework. ( Log Out /  Bed. A must-read for fans of her previous books. Or getting up that early! reusable mask, It´s a very personal book which broaches the issue of a normal childhood combined with the fear of the therefore upcoming World War. But after a visit to her prospective university, Maggie starts to wonder if she’s missed out on high school romance. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Click to select the duration you give consent until. I liked both snippets. The sex itself is very “fade to black” and only one time, but all bases are covered leading up to the home run. I laughed out loud a few times. Sleep No one to shy away from a challenge, Maggie decides to squeeze the most out of her senior year. No one pretended that teenagers don’t want to experiment and have sex. Eat. She doesn’t have time for anything, really, except to swim, swim, swim. As Maggie’s PE coach and health teacher, Jordan Woods makes more than her usual brief cameo in this one. I’m not one for spoilers but I’ll just say some characters from previous books can be found inside that gorgeous epilogue. Thanks for sharing, and here’s mine: “YOU’LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR”, I know! Nope, that honor still goes to either Things We Can’t Forget and Breathe, Annie, Breathe. I stayed up way too late reading another Hundred Oaks book, and I’m suffering the consequences today. 6 Months But Levi’s already earned an Olympic try out, so she feels even more pressure to succeed. They are all super cute and fun and relatable and perfect for taking a quick break from your daily life. Click here, Thanks so much for this! I loved how this story, which I heard is the last one in the Hundred Oaks series, kind of mirrors Jordan's story. Repeat. nice review ! First up? Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Snack between classes Yep, that's right. I loved reading a contemporary where the girl doesn’t let a relationship overtake her life. Swim. THE BOTTOM LINE: Another home run from Miranda Kenneally! School. Our cheap used books come with free delivery in the UK. I really like the light romance in this book.I am excited to read it any time soon. PSA: This is book number 8 in the Hundred Oaks series by Miranda Kenneally. First up? Also because you’ll have a better time reading this book’s epilogue. Very inspiring model of self-discipline and responsibility, for people of any age.Zia website, the great post.thank you for sharing the post. 1 Month My YA pick this week is from TBR mountain – Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce. School But I love Miranda Kenneally’s books, so I am willing to read about a character who IS a morning person! Review: Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally July 4, 2017 9 Comments. Title: Coming Up for Air Author: Miranda Kenneally Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3.75 Stars) This is such a great summer romance. But as Maggie slowly starts to uncover new feelings for Levi, how much is she willing to lose to win? Swim. Miranda loves Twitter, Star Trek and her husband. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.