Registration will be limited to ensure each player gets a fair chance to observed by the Charlotte Independence technical staff. The cost for tryouts is $140 per participant. … The community you build as a supporter is magnificent. Our USL 2 program allows us to align and underscore the Charlotte Independence playing style and identity with the USL Pro, completing our Development Pyramid, and providing our players with the complete Path to Pro experience. Invitation will be provided via email. Just as I became engrossed in his story, lunch ended and the next stage was set to begin.

Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad4c723c3c2864e6ab054350150995c1" );document.getElementById("ef03c32401").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); My Day at the Charlotte Independence Tryout, Voter Guide: What You Need to Know for the 2020 Elections, CMPD Releases Footage of Arrest that Led to Harold Easter’s Death, English Learners at CMS Feel Disconnected During Virtual Schooling. In order to experience Universe, you need to turn your Javascript on. Welcome to our Player Placement Process page! The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2019 USL season. Suite 203 Cornelius, NC  28031, © 2020 Charlotte Independence SC / Oasys Sports. Due to the Coronavirus the USL League Two season has been canceled. Non-members who want to be part of CISC are allowed to participate in specific windows of ‘tryouts’ where the technical staff evaluates them and places them in an environment to ultimately be challenged and successful. See you in May 2021! Click here to be taken to our tryout page!

My teammates were incredibly willing and able to help me. 5:45 p.m.- Full Field Game 4 The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2020 USL season. He nervously asked if I had played soccer in college. When the tryouts were finished, I was able to view the game of soccer in a new light, with a more tangible appreciation for the sport I have watched countless times. I learned a great deal during that final game. Day 2 Phase 3 of N.C. Reopening To Begin Friday.

The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2020 USL season.
First, that most were wearing nondescript training gear under the provided shirt — a white shirt branded with the Charlotte Independence crest on the front and an arbitrary number on the back. Please be sure to register for our tryouts below, but also fill out the interest form that goes directly to our staff for evaluations. Sign-up to tryout for one of the leading Clubs in the US! Sure, the smaller sided games went well but this would be a whole different beast.

Terms of Use Season: 2019-2020: 2020-2021: 2021-2022: 2022-2023: 2023-2024: 2024-2025: Birth Year : … In the 2020-2021 season and beyond, programming for local teams will be brought under the umbrella of Charlotte Independence Soccer Club management and administration; this will allow us to provide greater consistency and an even higher level of quality throughout the new club. The odds were against me, but I was willing to try. Open tryouts will take place Thursday, January 23rd through Friday, January 24th, 2020. I was pleasantly surprised by how cohesive the first match was.

My soccer experience is limited, to say the least. There was a learning curve, tobe sure, and players had to quickly figure out each other’s strengths and weaknesses. A few conversations were happening but most of the participants were patiently waiting for the tryout to begin.

I’ve made the drive to the Sportsplex at Matthews many times before, but this time would be different.

*Day 1 Evening- Approximately 30 players will be invited back for a full field game on Friday morning. When I signed up to participate in the tryouts I had a few goals: Learn something, have fun, don’t make a fool of yourself and definitely don’t get yourself injured. If you’ve been a player at the Independence then we already know what team/program you should be placed in based on your effort and performance from the previous season. The Independence, a professional soccer team in the United Soccer League, one tier below Major League Soccer, has been holding open tryouts since the team’s inaugural season in 2015.

It would be years after that until I would kick a soccer ball in an organized manner, when I joined a SportsLink co-ed league in 2018. My first pass was a success, and from there my confidence grew. Welcome to the 2020 Charlotte Independence Open Tryouts Registration! Both days of tryouts will be held at the Sportsplex at Matthews: 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, NC 28105.

3:15 p.m.- Full Field Game 2 Players will be assigned to Group 1 or Group 2. Sadly, I was informed via email that I was not invited to the second day of tryouts. The Independence, a professional soccer team in the United Soccer League, one tier below Major League Soccer, has been holding open tryouts since the team’s inaugural season in 2015. The USL 2 program will help introduce Academy players to the professional platform through the summer months, integrating them with current high-level college players, and USL Pro prospects, as part of the Charlotte Independence Player Pathway. Senior Boys Director North Meck/Lake Norman. A Movement Grows Outside of East Charlotte Abortion Clinic, The Best in Charlotte – Best in the Nest 2019, ‘Spot the Troll’ Quiz Aims to Make a More Informed Internet, Hornets Leaders Discuss What’s Next as Voting Begins at Spectrum Center, ‘Fragile Democracy’ Tells of Struggle for Voting Rights in NC, 5 Things To Know: Quarterly Stats Show Violent Crime in Charlotte on the Rise. It was remarkable to witness such camaraderie and chemistry around me. The initial test included a set of passing drills, which preceded a half-field eight vs. eight match. For any questions, please contact Kenny Halas at kennyh@independencesoccer.club, Location: Comporium Athletic Park 1300 Spratt St, Fort Mill, SC 29715, *If you cannot make the tryout date, please make sure to fill out the interest form below, 10228 Bailey Rd. For instance, Jack Thompson, who scored the franchise’s first goal ever back in 2015, was an open tryout participant.

He earned a second contract in his limited time last year and is back with the team in 2020.

WATCH | Dane Kelly on home field advantage for USL Championship playoffs. Head coach Mike Jeffries introduced himself and his coaching staff and shared a quick rundown of events for the day. 10:45 a.m.- Group 2 warm up, technical work and small-sided games Open tryouts will take place Thursday, January 23rd through Friday, February 24th, 2020. This time I’d be participating in the event rather than watching from the stands. Privacy Policy.

The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2019 USL season. I played one season in high school due to my mom convincing me to do so. All Rights Reserved. The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2020 USL season. Players will be assigned to Group 1 or Group 2. Click the register button below to start the process! Your Javascript appears to be disabled. The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team will be hosting open tryouts for their upcoming 2019 USL season. 9:00 a.m.- Group 1 warm up, technical work and small-sided games Suite 203 Cornelius, NC  28031, © 2020 Charlotte Independence SC / Oasys Sports.

Might I have a similar destiny? 2019 Charlotte Independence December Open Tryouts. Open tryouts will take place Thursday, January 23rd through Friday, January 24th, 2020. Open Tryout standouts will be invited to return for the Player Combine on Friday, December 7th and Saturday, December 8th. I was fortunate enough during the lunch break to talk with a few participants, most notable was a guy who had played one year of collegiate soccer at UNC Charlotte. The language barrier was tough, but thankfully for him he had a teammate from Canada. My main goal there was not to score goals or refine my ability as a player, but simply to better understand the game of soccer while hanging out with friends. Above all else, not being injured during the tryouts was a top priority. I had finished the tryouts unscathed and felt proud of my performance. Thanks mom. Open tryouts will take place Thursday, December 6th.

The feeling of banding together to work towards a goal was something I won’t soon forget.