Excellent job of making the reliance on soma front and center. it was weird that things were falling apart the way they did - there is no AI in the book controlling people through implants and the end is very very different. I enjoyed the show. Joseph Morgan shared that Brave New World is an ideal show for binge-watching, and its stands as Peacock's big-ticket original series at launch. It was an interesting take and modernisation of the book, leaving out all the old fashioned quirky stuff. It depicts a technologically advanced futuristic society.

Still i’m keen to see if they get a 2nd season otherwise I’d be happier ending this season 1 episode earlier (just like SW) . At the end of Brave New World, a crowd gathers to watch John ritually whip himself.When Lenina arrives, John whips her as well. In this original ending, however, hope for a humane society is lost with the death of its eloquent — if flawed — defender. The fence is down, they can do what they want. An article where the ending is explained, including the Gold box: https://signalhorizon.com/peacock-original-brave-new-world-ending-explained-indra-and-the-gold-box/, Though I am not sure how they came to that conclusion. There were some great ideas too. I do hope there will be another season, to seperate the show from the book a bit.

The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed.

Indra’s “consciousness” is already inside marx. After reading 1984, Brave new world was a great contrast with the unusual "happy" instead of efficient utopian society. Starring Jessica Brown Findlay, Harry Lloyd, Alden Ehrenreich, Brave New World is introducing a new generation to …

Brave New World Revisited goes some way in imagining that middle way for the readers of the novel. maybe even a few contacts to get things started. When with Indra those balls fall - one zooms in - that’s the entire simulation world -. i see your point but i think using music contemporises the story. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For anyone who hasn't read the book, in the end Marx and Helmholtz get exiled to islands with others like them who couldn't fit in, and sit around fruitlessly inventing things until they die. It is based on the classic … Also music with headphones is a solitary thing. it’s pretty much direct from the book and as something written in the 1940s it was showing it’s age back then in the 1980s. Did John and Lenina end up together? We also see the New World is literally built atop the ruins of our society which was devastated by global warming. i feel they decided to base the story origins on the book and open the ending the way they did to allow for more seasons. "Brave New World" is based on a book with a very conclusive ending, but the Peacock show leaves things a little more open-ended in order to set up John to appear in a potential Season 2.

(Ending spoilers) The one thing I really didn't like is how all the blame is put on this AI.

In the novel he is somewhat sympathetic, but is ultimately a fucking weasel. Posted by 1 month ago. Close. But yes, INDRA collapsing the system by spreading emotions via the Epsilon suicide was weird and making the humans mostly blameless was a weak ending, especially in a series about a Dystopian future as making INDRA the protagonist changes the nature of the story. This show is imo at its best when it doesn't take itself so seriously, the dramatic and deep moments were hit or miss. In the real world the rich and powerful distract and control the rest with entertainment, sex and turning different groups against eachother. The novel has lots and lots of them, so this is super consistent, not just a marketing gimmick for the show. The only thing I really didn't like is the AI, and specifically Mustafa being the AI's creator. Lloyd does an excellent job in his portrayal.