Miocic recaptured his title belt in August by pummeling Daniel Cormier at UFC 241. He is currently signed to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), where he competes in the heavyweight division and is the two-time and current UFC Heavyweight Champion.Between his two title reigns, he … CLEVELAND (AP) — Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic welcomes UFC’s plans to reopen the octagon. Trademark and Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. “I’m good at bringing things down,” he joked. We wear goggles, gloves and gowns when he have to. All rights reserved. Miocic also has been working out, but not like he normally would while training for a fight. A third matchup with Cormier, who knocked him out in the first round in 2018, appears likely but isn’t official. Until then, Miocic has been working shifts for the Valley View (Ohio) Fire Department. “As long as everyone is safe, I hope it works out,” said Miocic, who has continued to work as a firefighter and paramedic during the outbreak. “We were smart. On May 5, the brewer has pledged to donate $1 (up to $500,000) for any social media post using the hashtag #CincUp. He bought this house after he defeated defending champion Alistair Overeem. “And not just the fighters, I worry about everyone’s safety. Personal safety is always a priority in his “other” job, and Miocic said he and his co-workers have remained vigilant during these unprecedented times. The fighter — and firefighter — does have some concerns, though. Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier will square off for the third time on Saturday, with heavyweight GOAT status on the line. “I’m good at bringing things down,” he joked. AURORA, Ohio (WJW) -- The Aurora Greenmen knocked the Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin Lions out of the playoffs with an at-home victory Friday night. On May 5, the brewer has pledged to donate $1 (up to $500,000) for any social media post using the hashtag #CincUp. “As long as everyone is safe, I hope it works out,” said Miocic, who has continued to work as a firefighter and paramedic during the outbreak. Until then, Miocic has been working shifts for the Valley View (Ohio) Fire Department. Until then, Miocic has been working shifts for the Valley View (Ohio) Fire Department. Find out with Google’s ‘Frightgeist’ tool, Third-grader earns Girl Scouts’ Medal of Honor for saving man’s life, Teen disguised as FedEx driver surprises childhood best friend, Macaulay Culkin wears iconic ‘Home Alone’ mask, issues coronavirus PSA, ‘Don’t get too close to wildlife!’: Photos show woman propping up child near bull elk, California mother of 4 dies after suffering brain injury from pool jump. The principals are Ryan Miocic and Stipe Miocic. Stipe Miocic celebrates his win over Daniel Cormier after their UFC Heavyweight Title Bout at UFC 241 at Honda Center on August 17, 2019 in Anaheim, California. Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic welcomes UFC’s plans to reopen the octagon. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The new 8,400+ square-foot mansion was built on just under 4 acres, and has 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms. “I thought we did really well actually,” said Miocic, who trained last year with Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett. Miocic also has been working out, but not like he normally would while training for a fight. On May 5, the brewer has pledged to donate $1 (up to $500,000) for any social media post using the hashtag #CincUp. We’re clean. Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic welcomes UFC’s plans to reopen the octagon. Miocic has teamed with Modelo beer to raise funds for personal protection equipment for first responders during the pandemic. Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic welcomes UFC's plans to reopen the octagon. The fighter — and firefighter — does have some concerns, though. It’s our routine, so I’m not really worried about that.”. Stipe Miocic celebrates his win over Daniel Cormier after their UFC Heavyweight Title Bout at UFC 241 at Honda Center on August 17, 2019 in Anaheim, California. Copyright 2018 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. It takes one person to (infect) three people, and how fast it can spread, it’s crazy.”. Stipe Miocic (/ ˈstiːpeɪ miˈoʊtʃɪtʃ / Croatian: Miočić, pronounced [stǐːpe mîotʃitɕ]; born August 19, 1982) is an American professional mixed martial artist and firefighter-paramedic of Croatian descent. Miocic said his only reservation about the sport's reopening is related to health reasons. Stipe Miocic owns a four-bedroom sprawling villa-home in North Royalton, Ohio. On Thursday, the affable 37-year-old said his recovery following surgery to repair a torn retina continues to go well — “I have some spots, but definitely I can see" — and that he misses his training routine while awaiting a return to normalcy. Personal safety is always a priority in his “other” job, and Miocic said he and his co-workers have remained vigilant during these unprecedented times. The world knows Stipe Miocic as an MMA champion, but at heart, he is still a social service professional. The Home of UFC Champ Stipe Miocic By Celebrity Detective Steve UPDATE: UFC Heavyweight Champ Stipe Miocic has sold the home pictured below and has purchased a new home, also located in the Cleveland, Ohio-area town of North Royalton. A third matchup with Cormier, who knocked him out in the first round in 2018, appears likely but isn’t official. ). We wear goggles, gloves and gowns when he have to. After scrapping an idea to hold fights on tribal land in California and cancelling or postponing several events since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, UFC will return to competition May 9 in Jacksonville, Florida. He joked that most of his cardio work these days comes from chasing his young daughter around the house. “We were smart. STREETSBORO, Ohio (WJW) -- The Streetsboro Rockets maintain their undefeated record with a Friday night victory over the Niles McKinley Dragons. I think we’re doing the right things.”, More stories on the Cleveland Browns here. We’re masked. I think we got a few of the pieces that we need. I think we got a few of the pieces that we need. CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had his second negative COVID-19 test in 24 hours, clearing him to rejoin his teammates and play in Sunday's game at Pittsburgh. Miocic said his only reservation about the sport’s reopening is related to health reasons. Skyfox started the night high over Aurora as Greenmen tried to tame the Lions. He joked that most of his cardio work these days comes from chasing his young daughter around the house. Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic welcomes UFC's plans to reopen the octagon. Two additional fight cards are scheduled for May 13 and May 16 at the venue. The fighter — and firefighter — does have some concerns, though. Use of this website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your acceptance of these. The fighter — and firefighter — does have some concerns, though. A die-hard Cleveland sports fan, Miocic was pleased with the Browns’ selections in last week’s NFL draft. It takes one person to (infect) three people, and how fast it can spread, it’s crazy.”. It’s our routine, so I’m not really worried about that.”. "And not just the fighters, I worry about everyone’s safety. FILE - In this Jan. 21, 2018, file photo, Stipe Miocic, right, lands a right hand against Francis Ngannou during a heavyweight championship mixed martial arts bout at UFC 220 in Boston. Already proven to be adept with his hands, Miocic has filled idle time with home projects. Miocic recaptured his title belt in August by pummeling Daniel Cormier at UFC 241. “As long as everyone is safe, I hope it works out,” said Miocic, who has continued to work as a firefighter and paramedic during the outbreak. A die-hard Cleveland sports fan, Miocic was pleased with the Browns’ selections in last week’s NFL draft. (Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. We’re clean. *Watch the Browns discuss Sunday's game in the video above.*. “I’m good at bringing things down,” he joked. Personal safety is always a priority in his “other” job, and Miocic said he and his co-workers have remained vigilant during these unprecedented times. Previously city included Willowick OH. He joked that most of his cardio work these days comes from chasing his young daughter around the house. The fighter — and firefighter — does have some concerns, though. Touchdown Rockets! It’s our routine, so I’m not really worried about that.”. We’re masked. Congratulations to Stipe Miocic, North Royalton's own. Two additional fight cards are scheduled for May 13 and May 16 at the venue. Miocic said his only reservation about the sport’s reopening is related to health reasons. Fox Sports™ and © 2020 Fox Media LLC and Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. Already proven to be adept with his hands, Miocic has filled idle time with home projects. It takes one person to (infect) three people, and how fast it can spread, it’s crazy.”. © 2020 - 2020 Nexstar Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Miocic has teamed with Modelo beer to raise funds for personal protection equipment for first responders during the pandemic. Miocic recaptured his title belt in August by pummeling Daniel Cormier at UFC 241.