settle into family life with her husband, Antony Armstrong-Jones, the 1st Earl of Snowdon, his father passed away in January of 2017, What's Queen Elizabeth's Relationship Like With Her Children, 7 Things to Know About Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend's Love Affair, The Scandalous Photo of Princess Margaret That Inspired The Crown. I think she gave all of her grandchildren a work ethic and [a belief in] loyalty to friends. In season 3, which premiered on November 17 with an entirely new cast, there are even fewer mentions of the two. Linley started his first business, at age 21, in 1982, after two years of attending the Parnham House School for Craftsmen and studying under the renowned furniture designer John Makepeace. Margaret's first child and only son arrived on November 3, 1961. And that was at age 93. Sarah and her husband Daniel Chatto have been married since 1994. And this time, Margaret and Armstrong-Jones are played by Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels. Princess Margaret and Antony married in 1960, with their wedding making history as the first ever royal wedding to be televised. They have two children together, Samuel and Arthur. When he was born, his title was styled as Viscount Linley, and he was fifth in line to the throne, though now he occupies the 18th spot in the order of succession. Every item on this page was chosen by a Town & Country editor. The couple went on to have two children: David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones in 1961 and Sarah Frances Elizabeth Armstrong-Jones in 1964. Unlike his mother and father, who had a very tempestuous relationship, David has been married to Serena Armstrong Jones, Countess of Snowdon, since 1993. Lady Sarah met Daniel Chatto, an artist and former actor, while on a trip to India with her father in the 1980s, according to People. "I went to church with my grandmother every Sunday. They have two children together, Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones and Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley. On October 8, 1993, Linley married Serena Alleyne Stanhope. Inside Princess Margaret & Lord Snowdon's Marriage, The Story Behind Princess Margaret's American Tour, The Story of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, Inside Princess Margaret and Roddy's Affair. While she keeps keeps a relatively low profile for a royal, Sarah is thought to be a favorite confidant of the Queen's, who regularly appears at family events, including weddings. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Sweetest Moments, Kate Middleton Wore a Gold Kurta for Virtual Visit, Meghan and Harry Were Spotted on a Dinner Date, Princess Eugenie Praises Selena Gomez for Scar Pic, The Queen Makes First Public Visit Since March. When his father passed away in January of 2017, David became the 2nd Earl of Snowdon. Some of his clients include Sir Elton John and Valentino, according to Vanity Fair. Just like her brother, Sarah inherited their dad's artistic traits. Professionally, he's known as David Linley and is a well-known furniture maker and former chairman of Christie's U.K. auction house. Did Meghan Wear Princess Diana's Cartier Watch? Lady Sarah Chatto, Princess Margaret's youngest and only daughter, was born on May 1, 1964. Samuel, 21, and Arthur, 19, boast 9,000 and 38,000 Instagram followers respectively. And in the final episode, the audience sees her share the news of her pregnancy with her sister, the Queen. “I’m a maker, not a designer,” he told Vanity Fair in early 2017. She said, 'I hear that you've made a rather good cabinet.' After tying the knot, the couple went on a six-week Caribbean cruise and when they returned, the two moved in to Kensington Palace. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy. The last time she came she was 98, to see the things.". Known professionally as David Linley, the Queen's nephew is a well-respected furniture craftsman whose high-profile clients include Elton John and Valentino. Princess Margaret involved her children in her world. Princess Margaret first met Antony Armstrong-Jones at a dinner party in 1958. Aside from that, we don't see much of David and Sarah on the show. Season 3 of The Crown depicts their rocky marriage. Samuel and Arthur Chatto are Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong Jones' grandchildren, the two sons of her daughter, Lady Sarah Chatto and her husband, artist and actor Daniel Chatto. “I was pretty bad at making things as a child but he was an excellent teacher.”. During her marriage to Lord Snowdon, a.k.a. Town & Country participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. When he was born, his title was styled as Viscount Linley, and he was fifth in line to the throne, though now he occupies the 18th spot in the order of succession. Who Is the Queen's Only Daughter, Princess Anne? She is currently a professional painter and has been exhibiting her work under the name Sarah Armstrong-Jones at The Redfern Gallery in London since 1995. And in season 3, despite plenty of drama that comes her way, fans get to see snippets of the children. On November 3, 1961, Princess Margaret gave birth to her first and only son, David Armstrong-Jones. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Princess Beatrice on Wearing the Queen's Dress, Princess Diana's Top 10 Statement Sweaters, Meghans Says Motherhood Made Her "More Courageous". Through her 2 children, Princess Margaret has 4 grandchildren. Historically, their wedding ceremony was the first royal wedding to be televised and was watched by 300 million people worldwide, according to Town & Country. Looking Back at Princess Margaret's Wedding Day. Aside from this short scene, we haven't seen much of Margaret's two children in the Netflix series, and while they get a few mentions in season three, they still aren't part of the main storyline. Last season of The Crown gave us a glimpse of the Queen's sister's pregnancy—here's what her son and daughter are like in real life. "I remember my mother came to my first shop," he told Vanity Fair. Two years later, the couple announced they were getting married, becoming Lord and Countess Snowdon on May 6, 1960. She also serves as vice president of the Royal Ballet, which Princess Margaret was a patron of. At the end of season 2 of The Crown, viewers got to see Princess Margaret (played by Vanessa Kirby) welcome her two kids. She is a well-established painter and currently serves as the vice-president of the Royal Ballet. Check out their accounts below. When she was born, she was seventh in line to the throne; now she's 24th. The episode ends with a family portrait in which Margaret holds her newborn daughter, Lady Sarah Chatto, while her son, David Armstrong-Jones sits on the floor, next to his cousin, Prince Charles. "And I went downstairs, and there was my mother sitting on the floor, screwing a screw into the back of a mirror. Here's who they are in real life. Although they had a very tumultuous marriage peppered with multiple affairs, they did welcome two children. She and her brother grew up in Kensington Palace, and like David, Lady Sarah inherited her artistic instincts from her father. In the same interview, Linley revealed he was also very close to the Queen Mother.