after the game they had a band playing with a bar open. Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

I love Metricon. Don’t know why the Gold Coast is so against public parking as there’s a similar setup at Cbus Super Stadium. Real boutique feel about the venue.

This was our second time to this stadium, having been here a year earlier for the same game GC Suns... It’s come a long way from when I first visited during the Bears days. Hire vehicles (limousines) holding an L, SL or HC licence plate are permitted to drop off and pick up at Metricon Stadium in the Red Car Park … We took a shuttle bus to the game and everything was well organised and coordinated.

Struggled to get a park but thought we found an ideal spot with about 100 other cars about 1.5kms from stadium. Metricon Stadium. We drove to this stadium as we were passing through the Gold Coast. These car parks will be issued to customers on a first in, first served basis on event day. In return we had a $220 fine for parking on a public reserve. I'll haveto get up next season for a game. SportsWhereIAm is a registered trademark of Where I Am Group © 2012-2020 WhereIam Group Pty Ltd. Search again to find hotels based on your updated selection. The stadium is very clean, new, great facilities. Local councils strictly enforce the parking restrictions in the areas surrounding the stadium. The stadium is very nice.
Carrara Stadium (known commercially as Metricon Stadium) is a sporting venue on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, located in the suburb of Carrara.. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Very family orientated and lots of things for the kids to do like playgrounds etc. Thank you.

In return we had a $220 fine for parking on a public reserve.

Best option is to park in Surfers Paradise and get public transport out to the stadium. We went to the Stadium to watch a Gold Coatd vs Melbourne AFL game.Access to the ground is made very easy by the provision of free bus services to and from.The traffic management put in place made our trip really easy.The stadium is new and is well serviced with facilities and entertainment.For once a stadium with heaps of restroom to cope.The key tip is not to drive to the stadium is there is virtually no parking at all. Game day is so easy. It was nice to see bands playing near the 5th quarter bar too, and that people could go onto the oval after the match.My only real criticisms would be that I couldn't take my 1/2 consumed bottle of water in so had to buy a drink there as they don't offer filtered water inside the grounds (well at least I couldn't see any), and the food and drink prices which as usual were way over the top. Local councils strictly enforce the parking restrictions in the areas surrounding the stadium. read more, It’s come a long way from when I first visited during the Bears days. I get the free train to Nerang and the free shuttle, which takes 5 mins, to the ground. I went up with Parents to watch the Dees pump Gold Coast last weekend. There is no public parking at, or around, Metricon Stadium on match days. The venue is primarily used for Australian ru les football, serving as the home ground of the Gold Coast Suns, who compete in the Australian Football League. Metricon Stadium Accessibility Parking (Persons with a Disability) A limited number of Persons With a Disability (PWD) car parks are available in the Yellow Car Park at Metricon Stadium for holders of a valid, government issued disability parking permit. There is no public parking at, or around, Metricon Stadium on match days. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Great ground to watch the... We drove to this stadium as we were passing through the Gold Coast. It's been a few years since I was last here to watch an AFL match, and whilst I enjoyed the atmosphere last time as it felt like a country game, what an amazing transformation. We had an enjoyable afternoon watching Adelaide V GC.

Tip - always take public transport because there is NO parking.Besides that the stadium is a good size. Nice not to spend the whole half time break in play queuing to go to the bathroom. Tip - always take public transport because there is NO parking. The stadium is located adjacent to Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium and Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre. After paying entry to the ground which is quite expensive, you then get hit with exorbitant prices for food and drinks which is out of reach for many people.Otherwise an enjoyable afternoon especially as the Crows won! These car parks will be issued to customers on a first in, first served basis on event day. good one Gold Coast Council!! Best option is to park in Surfers Paradise and get public transport out to the stadium. There is no on-site parking and it is recommended that you take advantage of the Park n Ride services that … Plenty of food stalls and bars around the outer.

read more. Struggled to get a park but thought we found an ideal spot with about 100 other cars about 1.5kms from stadium.
Was a fantastic night. Great ground to watch the... On event days. good one Gold Coast Council!! Metricon Stadium offers patrons a Park ‘n’ Ride facility on Boowaggan Road, Merrimac, with limited parking available. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. Very much a Country style atmosphere, seats felt close to the action.