Check system requirements. This is a film I loved watching as a child, and at 37 years old, I love it just as much now. Now it's up to the U.N. team to attempt a lunar landing that could be more horrifying than ever believed possible. This is completely absent in the film. Can't play on this device. First Men in the Moon is an H.G. Finding the Moon already inhabited comes as a bit of a shock to Mr Cavor and Mr Bedford. The era in which this picture was made, was in the nineteen sixties when astronauts did travel to the moon. A great pity. Wells' books grab you because of the everyday element with the wacky idea thrown in and made flesh. The buyer is responsible for return postage costs. | It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Price Match Guarantee. View basket for details. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Was this review helpful to you? The astronauts are both confused and intrigued by a man (Edward Judd) who claims he, his fiancée and a scientist journeyed to the moon 65 years ago and were attacked by "Selenites," grotesque, human-like antforms that live in immense crystal caverns. | Has been digitally remastered, widescreen, Hi Def, etc. Cavor has invented Cavorite, a paste that will allow anything to deflect gravity and he created a sphere that will actually take them to the moon. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. After their latest rocket fails, Dr. Charles Cargraves and retired General Thayer have to start over again. No additional import charges on delivery. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 17, 2020. For all the ebullience of the actors, this film does little but pass an hour or so! Directed by Nathan Juran (Attack of the 50-Foot Woman), First Men In The Moon also stars Martha Hyer and Lionel Jeffries. First Men in the Moon (1964) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. pre-owned The acting is good and the production good, especially for an older movie. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. H.G. Thanks, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 2, 2019. Well's book and it was so good that any other version of the book is often compared with this film. The first U.S. spaceship to Venus crash-lands off the coast of Sicily on its return trip. In later years, I read many of the original novels, and I saw excellent movie versions of many of those old comics, including The Time Machine and The War of the Worlds, both by H. G. Wells, the author of The First Men In The Moon. Looking for a movie the entire family can enjoy? This is just about the only time I've ever had a fault like that on a DVD. Worst movie I have seen in a long time. Highly recommended. Wells Directed by Nathan Juran Starring Edward Judd, Martha Hyer, Lionel Jeffries, Hugh McDermott, and Betty McDowall Features: "This is Dynamation" featurette "The Harryhausen Chronicles" featurette {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. Written by All of our paper waste is recycled within the UK and turned into corrugated cardboard. The person who invented wanted to create something that would help him travel to the moon. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Extraterrestrials traveling in high-tech flying saucers contact a scientist as part of a plan to enslave the inhabitants of Earth. The plot stayed true to Wells' novel for the most part, and I enjoyed the embellishments - nice acting, too, from Gatiss and Kinnear. A giant, radioactive octopus rises from the Philippine Trench to terrorize the North American Pacific Coast. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, First Men in the Moon [DVD] [1964] - DVD UCVG The Cheap Fast Free Post, for uk nectar points - opens in a new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. In 1969, the Apollo moon landing is to be televised internationally but at a country fair in England a small boy named Jim meets the 90-year-old Julius Bedford who tells him that, in 1909, ... See full summary ». I must have watched this film 20 times. The special effects are a little cheesy but on par with peer movies as listed above. Excludes: Australia, United States, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Bolivia, Haiti, Liberia, Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Paraguay. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 October 2017. Fun, family watching guaranteed...10/10, Love this film when I was younger and I still like it now I'm older, Verified purchase: On Earth, an investigation team finds the last of the Victorian crew - a now aged Arnold Bedford and he tells them the story of how he and his girlfriend, Katherine Callender, meet up with an inventor, Joseph Cavor, in 1899. Your item will be previously owned but still in great condition. This time, Gen. Thayer approaches Jim Barnes, the head of his own aviation ... See full summary ». Many attempts at comedy are thrown in and fail to amuse. Looking for something to watch? overlookfm. One of them is still alive and in a nursing home in Great Britain. Horror. Based on the HG Wells story. Fantastic Fantasy Fright-o-Rama Show Vol. Certificate: Passed Wells. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. A thoroughly enjoyable film , except for the first 20 minutes. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. It is fun and informative to watch. [DVD] [1960], Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray] [2019] [Region Free], Forbidden Planet -2-Disc 50th Anniversary Edition [DVD] [1956], Earth vs. the Flying Saucers [DVD] [1956], The Day the Earth Stood Still [DVD] [1951], The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray] [2019] [Region Free]. Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2018. As to what happens there and what happens to Jeffries, Judd, and Hyer you have to see the film for that.Since it's a Ray Harryhausen film you kind of know what to expect and Harryhausen delivers in grand style. 6 Hours To Live (1932) - Warner Baxter DVD, A Boy And His Dog (1975) - Don Johnson DVD, A Fire In The Sky (1978) - Richard Crenna DVD. A 'classic' old film based on HG Wells adventure. This is a film on the order of 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Lost World, etc. When a spaceship lands on the moon, it is hailed as a new accomplishment, before it becomes clear that a Victorian party completed the journey in 1899, leading investigators to that mission's last survivor. The astronauts are both confused and intrigued by a man (Edward Judd) who claims he, his fiancée and a scientist journeyed to the moon 65 years ago and were attacked by "Selenites," grotesque, human-like antforms that live in immense crystal caverns. it has aged reasonably well compared to others. Not to scary for children and not to childish for adults. The European Space Exploration Council sends two astronauts to explore a planet similar to the Earth but located on the opposite side of the sun.